Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
So do i, have racked my brains from all those years ago and still cant come up with an answer. as to what it was.
This thread is only a few months over a year old though.
Takes some doing to forget who you were posting as in such a short time frame.......but lets go with your theory.......he has simply forgotten :lolol:

erm, I can remember it just fine thanks. I'd happily share it with anyone,

who isn't as odd as you.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
PPF and Beorthelem are the only two I don't have on ignore. Beorthelem because he's the only one of them capable of constructing even a moderately coherent argument and PPF because like you I find him amusing.

Oh wait actually there's one more. Titanic, who I can't put on ignore cos he's a mod apparently.

That's quite annoying.

And yet only a few days ago

I have them all on ignore. Every last one of them. Once I'd put a few of the most obvious windowlickers on ignore and then found that I could still work out exactly what they were saying based on the sensible replies to their drivel I thought "why not just ignore the whole lot of them?"

It's quite cathartic actually.

:clap:
That moment you realise [MENTION=59]Mental Lental[/MENTION] has forgotten his own narrative, is full of crap about his ignore list and clearly doesnt get involved in the debate because he is obviously out of his depth on a subject he knows little about and resigns himself to asking others to put people on ignore and resorting to name calling like windowlickers instead.

Take a bow son! You make remoaners proud.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I am guessing he would be logged in under that username, if he could remember it, I know I have at least one log in from many years ago that I cant remember.

Its ok he hasnt forgotten at all and can remember it just fine
Seriously Baldy, whilst i get into some very heated debate with you lincoln and Herr T, you are just trying to put your point across, can you have a word with some of your remainer chums though on here, some sort of flood gate from the lunatic asylum seems to have collapsed and has all sorts not remembering what they posted 2 minutes ago, putting people on ignore to avoid a viewpoint and generally being very odd

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Its ok he hasnt forgotten at all and can remember it just fine
Seriously Baldy, whilst i get into some very heated debate with you lincoln and Herr T, you are just trying to put your point across, can you have a word with some of your remainer chums though on here, some sort of flood gate from the lunatic asylum seems to have collapsed and has all sorts not remembering what they posted 2 minutes ago, putting people on ignore to avoid a viewpoint and generally being very odd

Maybe the flying spaghetti monster can help you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Shambolic minority government, in office but not in power, descending into chaos... as only 16 out of 16 divisions in HoC so far on EU (Withdrawal Bill) have gone in their favour. It is bound to dissolve completely some time soon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Shambolic minority government, in office but not in power, descending into chaos... as only 16 out of 16 divisions in HoC so far on EU (Withdrawal Bill) have gone in their favour. It is bound to dissolve completely some time soon.

Yes I'm sure they'll get it though without backing down on anything. I've never witnessed a Tory government with such unity

D

Deleted member 22389

Yes I'm sure they'll get it though without backing down on anything. I've never witnessed a Tory government with such unity

Think the government is doing a good job all things considered. Don't think a different party could do any better.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

This ignores the fact that they have made several concessions because they want to avoid a vote they know they will lose. It is losing without losing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Magic Money Tree to the rescue !

[emoji38]ol:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Not convinced the amendment regarding a Brexit 11pm date will remain on the bill or actually serves a good purpose.
But sometimes you have to wonder what is going through MP`s heads

Stacks and stacks of amendments have fallen by the wayside at committee stage but last week Amendment 70 got through on division and was voted on.

Amendment 70 if won would have meant various articles from the Treaty of Functioning of European Union including freedom of movement would be included on the bill and retained into UK law.

Only 48 usual suspects voted in favour.
Scottish National Party (33)
Plaid Cymru (4)
Liberal Democrat (10)
Green Party (1)

And it was overwhelmingly defeated.

How on earth did this ridiculous amendment get chosen to be voted on and how out of touch do those MP`s that voted for it feel they are on the issue of free movement in the context of leaving The EU
Perhaps the deputy speaker allowed this vote just for lols.

Interesting to hear a guy on the radio last week saying the gov are winning all the votes and only making concessions that are planned for, for the big one itself ( the date set in stone) they know they cant win it but was only added so they can withdraw it or permit its defeat knowing they have secured backbench votes on the wider bill.
Now that is some serious cynical political manoeuvring

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
This ignores the fact that they have made several concessions because they want to avoid a vote they know they will lose. It is losing without losing.

That is what normally happens in parliamentary democracy. Amendments are suggested, and are sometimes accepted in order to safeguard the fundamental core elements of the proposed legislation; that is pragmatism. No shock horror news here.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That is what normally happens in parliamentary democracy. Amendments are suggested, and are sometimes accepted in order to safeguard the fundamental core elements of the proposed legislation; that is pragmatism. No shock horror news here.

If the Tories had their way, it would be royal prerogative and Henry 8th powers all the way.

Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

If you are of the clutching at straws persuasion its a clear indication the Government is close to collapse and the dream scenario of brexit being abandoned is just around the corner.
Everyone else is......meh.......business as usual.......nothing to see here.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
If the Tories had royal prerogative and Henry 8th powers all the way.

Not sure what you mean here,this sentence makes little sense, you cant have them "all the way", if you have sweeping powers to amend legislation on a given Act with Henry 8th powers its because parliament has democratically voted to permit the use of them in the specific context of that legislation.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isn't that what you would want to see, concessions and compromise made? or did you want the whole thing passed through with not much debate? irony is the outcome of the election will deliver a nuanced and considered Brexit process than if they had a large majority.

If the Tories had their way, it would be royal prerogative and Henry 8th powers all the way.

when Labour and Tory ministers where passing EU directives or other regulation into UK law without involvement of parliament, did it concern you?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Some misunderstanding my post. I quoted someone for saying the government had not lost a vote. I pointed out that is not how parliament works. Of course concessions are a good thing and I never said otherwise. Odd that people need to suggest otherwise.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Some misunderstanding my post. I quoted someone for saying the government had not lost a vote. I pointed out that is not how parliament works. Of course concessions are a good thing and I never said otherwise. Odd that people need to suggest otherwise.

Think I'm safe doing this-it's got me on ignore.:lolol:

ooooooh,berty.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So the government today announces they are allocating £3BN today to deal with Brexit and £2.8BN for the NHS

Quality, time to get the bus repainted

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here