Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
for all the drama what has changed? until parliament has the courage to tell the country they wont follow the referendum result, im afraid the brexit bus continues onwards.

It's the first time in history a government has been found in contempt. May could resign, be forced out with a vote of no confidence, or a general election.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That will be the stupidest thing of all, there is no smoking gun in there and this was totally avoidable for the Tories

It just highlights what kind of government we have got.

C_DP5dCXoAANTIG.jpg

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Parliament have just effectively given themselves permission to cancel Brexit.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Interesting that May comes out in complete ignorance of the fact that she has now lost three votes in a row....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think it will show just how much under the thumb we would be under the EUs thumb

On the contrary, I think it will show what an economic disaster Brexit will be (the treasury almost admitted it) and they wanted to hide it.
The Tories are on a power grab, and it needs to be stopped.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Obviously, there's still a long way to go, but the tide is turning.

[tweet]1070011378231111680[/tweet]

[tweet]1070011813293645830[/tweet]

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Interesting that May comes out in complete ignorance of the fact that she has now lost three votes in a row....

I don’t think she is overly bothered about the second vote.

Arguably strengthens her hand on the deal.

No Brexit chance is creeping up

No deal is basically off the table.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I don’t think she is overly bothered about the second vote.

Arguably strengthens her hand on the deal.

No Brexit chance is creeping up

No deal is basically off the table.

I agree. This ammendment that has been passed seems to make it a toss up between May's Brexit deal or no Brexit. The ERG will vote with May now?

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Been watching Parliament since midday today and will continue until the palace game. I have found it incredible TV, to watch history being made is a privilege and with all its faults our democracy in general works well.
I’m a remoaner, but listening to both Mogg and Grieves enclopedic knowledge of parliamentary process a law since 1340 is quite mind boggling and engaging.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I agree. This ammendment that has been passed seems to make it a toss up between May's Brexit deal or no Brexit. The ERG will vote with May now?

I really don’t know which way the ERG will vote.

They vote for a deal they have (in JRM case embarrassingly) shot down or risk no Brexit.

No Brexit means they have purpose again.

But vote for the deal and they will be seen to be weak

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In other news, Farage has just announced he is leaving UKIP.

Does anyone care?

No.

Yvette Cooper really knows her stuff on this, already calling out the lying old bag May.
Having said all that, you have to admire her in a way (i suppose) to know everything about the whole issue and argue its case over 5 days with some serious questions and arguments being fired from all sides and be able to answer them either truthfully or by twisting the truth to favour her deal and of course plain lying, is quite some feat.
The debate is interesting but mainly its taking my mind off whats going to be going on in an hour or so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here