Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Moving the Discovery,as they know pollution doesn't matter so much in Slovakia.Only hybrids and electrics being built at Solihull in future.Try reading facts before posting,or just go back to sleep.

Slovakia being part of the EU as such they need to follow EU regulations the reason the Discovery JLR flagship off/on road car is it gives JLR access to 700 million customers and not just 60 million customers tariff free

How anyone can see this being anything other than Brexit related is beyond belief

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Slovakia being part of the EU as such they need to follow EU regulations the reason the Discovery JLR flagship off/on road car is it gives JLR access to 700 million customers and not just 60 million customers tariff free

How anyone can see this being anything other than Brexit related is beyond belief

Quite. And Birmingham voted to leave, job losses worth it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Have you been out drinking with Bryan Robson again?

Not for over 40 years!Been out in the sunshine playing a gentle walking-pace game of football,in the fresh air.Pollen count quite high,but very little exhaust pollution,so quite good fun.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

They might have had advance notification of the disaster befalling the German car industry,but I doubt it unless Watford Gap told them.I see Daimler are the latest to be caught not following EU regulations:

Daimler.png

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Another day

The UK's trade deficit widened in April, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. The deficit in goods and services widened to £5.28bn from £3.22bn in March. The goods trade deficit widened to £14.04bn in April - the biggest such deficit since September 2016.

Industrial output in Apiril fell by 0.8%, Manufacturing output contracted by 1.4%

It's been a grim few days for the UK's High Streets, with House of Fraser announcing the closure of 31 stores last week, and discount retailer Poundworld now set to enter administration. High Streets saw footfall rise 0.6% last month. Rolls Royce due to announce 4K job cuts.

The pound has fallen sharply against other currencies following the latest wave of economic data.

Fakenews.

All is great in planet brexit

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

Well JLR haven't mentioned Brexit but you know best ....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/28/nissan-increase-production-sunderland-plant-fifth/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/10/07/honda-committed-uk-factory-despite-brexit-wobbles/

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...t-to-increase-production-despite-brexit-fears

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/25/bmw-pledges-build-new-e-mini-uk-car-plant-cowley

https://japan-forward.com/japans-business-leaders-vow-to-stay-in-britain-despite-brexit/

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
They might have had advance notification of the disaster befalling the German car industry,but I doubt it unless Watford Gap told them.I see Daimler are the latest to be caught not following EU regulations

I think the point here is they are all be it belatedly following EU rules having been found out forced to obey EU if they intend selling within the EU and JLR are ensureing that the same markets remain open tariff free

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No they have not but why would they

Plenty of other motoring manufacturers have mentioned concerns re Brexit why would JLR not mention it if it really was a major factor? Plenty of other manufacturers have also committed to expand capacity and build new models here in the coming years (see links) which rather undermines your moving production to access potential customers argument.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Another day

The UK's trade deficit widened in April, according to the latest figures from the Office for National Statistics. The deficit in goods and services widened to £5.28bn from £3.22bn in March. The goods trade deficit widened to £14.04bn in April - the biggest such deficit since September 2016.

Industrial output in Apiril fell by 0.8%, Manufacturing output contracted by 1.4%

It's been a grim few days for the UK's High Streets, with House of Fraser announcing the closure of 31 stores last week, and discount retailer Poundworld now set to enter administration. High Streets saw footfall rise 0.6% last month. Rolls Royce due to announce 4K job cuts.

The pound has fallen sharply against other currencies following the latest wave of economic data.

Whilst being members of The EU.

This comes from Mrs May's hostile environment policy which she shows no sign of changing despite the change in Home Secretary. She even continually quotes this is what the British people want.

Racist Britain 2018

That’s because it is and because there is still wide support for the hostile environment policy amongst The British public.

You guv-Hostile envrionment-01.jpg

“In other words, just because the public think the government's handling of the Windrush generation has been poor, it doesn't follow that they have stopped supporting the policies that caused those difficulties.”

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2018/04/27/where-public-stands-immigration/

Its not racist to want border controls.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
A Night To Remember.

Indeed,very much.Facebook have put to rest all this conspiracy rubbish about the Russians interfering in Brexit,so another remoan shot down in flames!

facebk.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
This might explain it then. You should maybe wear a cap or something.

I certainly needed it when it was my turn in goal,so you are spot on with the cap (nice French jobby from Fontenay market)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
30 years of manufacturing the Discovery gone in a flash. What a disaster, my fear this is start of the Brexit rot setting in

Oooh,and what about the Defender as well eh-disastrous,not!:lolol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

What do you mean, the start? Your lot - sorry, mustn't use that expression! - let's call them remainers for the sake of argument - have been telling us that the rot started almost two years ago, the day the referendum results were announced - have they been lying all the time?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
What do you mean, the start? Your lot - sorry, mustn't use that expression! - let's call them remainers for the sake of argument - have been telling us that the rot started almost two years ago, the day the referendum results were announced - have they been lying all the time?

Maybe I needed to be more specific, I'm referring to Automotive manufacturing.

Thousands of families tonight will be fearing for their lively hoods. Its not too late for JLR but if we carry on down the suicide route of hard Brexit there will be no case to carry on in the UK. Nissan, Honda, BMW Mini are all in danger

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here