Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I see the Brexit Anxiety Disorder sufferers are continuing to show all the usual symptoms.

Still obsessing about Farage .. *tick*
Still rubbishing the UK at every opportunity .. *tick*
Still parroting the EU line .. *tick*
Still talking up no deal armageddon .. *tick*/ Still saying no deal was never going to happen .. *tick*
Still prattling on about Mogg/private schools etc.. *tick*
Still asking incredibly stupid questions .. *tick*
Still demanding we should completely ignore a referendum and general election result ..*tick*

Over two years later and still they go round and round spouting the same old nonsense ..

Lovely of you to pop back onto the thread with some constructive thoughts, I'm sure Brexit's going great and just as you'd hoped and there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

The thing is though, and let me put this as politely as I can, you strike me as the sort of person who, if you were appearing on ITV's The Krypton Factor back in the day, would excel at the 'Physical Ability' round and nail that assault course, but I feel you would struggle considerably at the 'General Knowledge', 'Intelligence' and 'Observation' rounds and finish a distant 4th out of 4, and would also, more likely than not, hear host Gordon Burns say the words:

in the 'Response' round, rather than:

That's a textbook landing that any commercial pilot would be proud of.

Know what I mean? No offence.

Have a lovely weekend.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I bet you'd really have to get up early to catch you out of bed. In fact, I'd bet you'd have to stay up all night. That's really razor sharp perception of it there I must say that nobody else would see.

I'm crestfallen at reading that. I honestly don't know how I'm now going to be able to cope since I obviously wrote the entire post just for you in the hope that it would.

No need to be silly, I was just pointing out that it was no more than a personal view on a politician bit of a pointless rant really, that's fine, you'll no doubt get a few pats on the back from the nerdy gang, well done.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well, it’s certainly been a week; first [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] making absolute plums of themselves . Then [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] came along today and topped them all :lolol:

Happy Friday everyone!

That hurts because we hold you in such high regard ........

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
That hurts because we hold you in such high regard ........

There seems to be quite a few of the more regular ??? posters taking a break from this thread for the last few days. I'm sure they also have 'genuine stuff to do'. Except for pasta, obviously :wink:

I'm off in a minute so a question for [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION], [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION]

Which are you backing, chequers or no deal ?

Have you decided which you voted for yet ?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
No need to be silly, I was just pointing out that it was no more than a personal view on a politician bit of a pointless rant really, that's fine, you'll no doubt get a few pats on the back from the nerdy gang, well done.

Thanks. As you were ultimately unable to provide any coherent counter argument or evidence as to why my view was erroneous, I'm more than happy enough that I'm ultimately right. Thanks again now.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Thanks. As you were ultimately unable to provide any coherent counter argument or evidence as to why my view was erroneous, I'm more than happy enough that I'm ultimately right. Thanks again now.

Jeeez, you're not waiting for a pat on the back from me too are you, it was just a political rant, are you unable to understand that most people do not share your political view, those that do will say well done, most will just sigh.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Jeeez, you're not waiting for a pat on the back from me too are you, it was just a political rant, are you unable to understand that most people do not share your political view, those that do will say well done, most will just sigh.

Most people like you, yes.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Just because I take you for a fool, it doesn't necessarily follow that I am a hard line Brexiteer it just means I think you are a fool :thumbsup:

The fool who, only last month, had to explain to you what 'no deal' was :lolol:

The next day, as I understand it we would be on WTO terms wouldn't we ?

Are you saying this will make our economy crash ?

If so I will counter that by saying I don't think it will .......

No, you can't fall out onto WTO terms. The only WTO terms that we currently have in place are our EU ones. We submitted our proposals 2-3 weeks ago which basically said that we would like the same as we had under the EU.

Within 3 days, the US, New Zealand and Brazil had said no. I haven't kept up to date with the current situation, but the other 164 members have 90 days to come back with any issues they have and we then have to negotiate from there, with any member who has raised issues.

(As a general rule, the WTO likes you to have borders and customs as well :))

But, on the bright side, we still have 7 months and 1 week to do it all

So, now I have explained it to you for a second time, which did you vote for, Chequers or no deal ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was, lets say a robust debate, you were all over it, it is obvious you had no intention of replying, you replied five days later ONLY when I reminded you to do so, so seeing you harangue a poster for not replying to you after an hour just made me laugh ......

Hmmmm. The reason I delayed my reply to [MENTION=293]chip[/MENTION] for 5 days until after the weekend was because 1)I needed time to think about his post, he raised some good points, and I wanted check a few things, and 2) I then had a long city-break in Liverpool, for the Everton game, with my mates. When I explained this you accepted it. After all, it’s not exactly a big deal. As an aside, you also apologised for your less-than-gracious post reminding me to reply to chip.

So, you accepted my explanation at the time. But, you now claim I obviously had no intention of replying. What changed? Or did you forget you’d accepted my explanation....which is a bit ironic given this particular exchange started with you stating I had a bad memory :wink:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It ceased to be the UK. Has not fight left anymore.

OK - just so we're clear - Brexiteers don't believe in the UK. The UK no longer exists. You've left the UK and as a remainer are a true supporter of the UK .... that longer exists ? Really, you couldn't make up your grasp of logic.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Well, it’s certainly been a week; first [MENTION=240]larus[/MENTION], [MENTION=21401]pastafarian[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] making absolute plums of themselves . Then [MENTION=5101]BigGully[/MENTION] came along today and topped them all :lolol:

Happy Friday everyone!

I see the idiots that voted Brexit, now they see the shit we are in, are just talking... well, shit really *tick*

Chequers plan or no deal?

What utter utter bullshit! The only people who constantly belittle the UK are the Brexiteers!!!
They have us leaving the EU as they think the UK is not strong enough to sort the problems in the EU out! The remainers, on the other hand, think the UK is strong enough to keep the EU in check and sort out the issues.

Lovely of you to pop back onto the thread with some constructive thoughts, I'm sure Brexit's going great and just as you'd hoped and there's absolutely nothing to worry about.

The thing is though, and let me put this as politely as I can, you strike me as the sort of person who, if you were appearing on ITV's The Krypton Factor back in the day, would excel at the 'Physical Ability' round and nail that assault course, but I feel you would struggle considerably at the 'General Knowledge', 'Intelligence' and 'Observation' rounds and finish a distant 4th out of 4, and would also, more likely than not, hear host Gordon Burns say the words:

in the 'Response' round, rather than:

Know what I mean? No offence.

Have a lovely weekend.

Get well soon/thoughts and prayers to you all .. hope you eventually manage to break the addiction and find something more productive to do with your time in the very near future x

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As a brexiteer I wouldn't expect you to grasp anything logical. Maybe if I put it on a bus or a rasict poster you will get it?

Ah, and yet you've not grapsed why I voted leave despite me stating it many times in this thread :facepalm: .... a clue for the more simple ... i.e. you - it was nothing to do with a bus or a poster !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here