Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
They have a company geared to start operations at the agreed date. This company was created some time ago, largely through private investment. They commissioned four cross-channel ferries, with a plan for four more by June 2019. The first four have all been sea-tested, all safety tests have been passed, staff have been recruited and everything is in place. Some people are assuming that nothing is in place. It is all in place.

Are you a director?

Strange, because that's not the noises that are coming from Ramsgate where no locals appear to have been recruited.

Add into this that the dredging of the harbour hasn't yet been started and all together it seems highly suspicious and a panic measure to appease when the realisation hits that IF this is all necessary we are beholden to the French and Danish ferry companies who got the major contracts...

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Usual vacuous mantra.
This country will soon need to come together and that will mean relegating such meaningless sloganising as this to the dustbin where it belongs. An added bonus is that without it you'll be speechless!

We will be fine, the sun will still shine, water will still run from the taps, food will be on the shelves of supermarkets, we are going to be the First Nation to step off the deck of a sinking ship,all will be good.Believe in yourself and your nation.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
So, after we have ripped up all trading agreements with the EU, we then have to rip up all EU WTO quotas and tariffs that we currently use for trading with the major economies and trading blocs in the rest of the world - the USA, Russia, China, India etc etc etc. (We can only use these while we are members of the EU).

And what, exactly is this WTO that we can simply revert to ?

Incidentally, 'these WTO that are working around the world'. You are aware there isn't a single country in the world trading on WTO defaults ?

Seriously what trade agreements do the EU have with China and the US?

As for including Russia in your invective........really you need to broaden your horizons, you weren’t thinking when you hammered that country in were you!

So, in these cases nothing will be ripped up, the EU is trading already on WTO terms.........you know the kind of terms working now all around the world.

Again I think you just need to think more.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
A collection of selective statements and misinformation. Yes trade can continue and for a fanatic like yourself this is all that matters, delays, high inflation, a lack of safe standards for imported goods, may be of concern to very many people.

Good, you agree trade can continue EXACTLY as it does now, and broadly speaking it will because capitalism will out, but to take your points.

Delays, not if the EU want to safeguard the interests of the Irish, and not if the Irish want to safeguard the interests of their citizens. If they want to starve and put pressure on food supply they can introduce delays......they won’t though.

High inflation, nope, once we leave the CAP we can import food on much better terms than we do now, sure we have a farming industry to safeguard but not the much wider interests of 27 other countries farming sectors. So because will not have to “protect” orange farmers in Spain, or Peach farmers in Italy, such foodstuffs should be cheaper.

Lack of safe standards, you sound like one of these people who are frit with the prospect of imported American food, yet have probably had numerous holidays there eating their chicken, steak etc. The US has a food problem for sure, but it’s about self control not it’s production.

More widely do you think the EU itself isn’t weak on safety standards? Try telling that to the US class action groups that will tear VW a new one on their claims, a legal position EU citizens that bought the same polluting VW cars don’t have........go figure.

Continuing in the EU is equally concerning, and to many more people as demonstrated by the referendum in 2016.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You should be concentrating with getting Brexit through parliament next week instead of assuming it is done and dusted!

Theresa the appeaser will have Her blueprint for surrender thrown and the the default position will be implemented on 29th March.
On our way.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
You won't be allowed to blackmail the country with the threat of a no deal disaster. At this point it is May's deal (something you voted for by the way) or remain.

I think you will find that we are legally bound to leave the corrupt EU on 29th March, that’s not blackmail skipper it’s the law.
There is more chance of Me getting a soapy titwank off Anne Widdicombe than May’s surrender getting voted through Parliament.
On our way.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yet again you are missing the point. The issue is more the zero tendering, zero due-diligence and secrecy surrounding this deal. The government have completely bypassed usual process and procedure. This is not good-governance and is clearly open to corruption.

A point so obvious, it's embarrassing for anyone to try and argue against it.

Brexit, although related, is a separate issue here, yet some people want to - wrongly - put it front and centre of the argument, as if it has meaning here. Talk about having to argue with apologists for overt corruption and theft of state funding.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you a director?

Strange, because that's not the noises that are coming from Ramsgate where no locals appear to have been recruited.

Add into this that the dredging of the harbour hasn't yet been started and all together it seems highly suspicious and a panic measure to appease when the realisation hits that IF this is all necessary we are beholden to the French and Danish ferry companies who got the major contracts...

There are no boats.
https://www.businessinsider.com/no-...pport-a-new-british-business-2019-1?r=US&IR=T

Jan 30, 2008
Italy are in the Eurozone, so have to abide by the euro rules. The UK vetoed the euro, so do not have to do so.
The UK profited from lending Portugal money, when they needed it. That has been paid back to us, in full, and with interest. That's what cooperation is.

What about all the other money we're prepared to give away to the EU for very little return , 39 Billion pounds for example???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here