Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure why people keep bleating on about these scenarios as we're leaving and I wouldn't pay them a penny in a divorce bill and go in the WTO :)
Remain and leave camps are irrelevant now and the sooner we crack on and leave the sooner we can start to get somewhere.The remain camp just can't accept the decision and politicians and big business are doing everything to disrupt the EXIT.

If we stayed in the EU this country would be drained of its recourses even sooner and it's already showing signs of big internal issues that never get addressed.

If we had a strong passionate leader we wouldn't be in this position :)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I don't see the point of this. Remain will win this vote (because it did last time, and remain has got more popular since then), and anyway this message board doesn't reflect voting patterns of the country.
Depends what you call popular?
Liberal brainwashing that never ends from the media....on this board it would always be stay being that Brighton is so far left :)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
This angry mob. They are they same people who have been called naive, racist, stupid and many more things. Now these people are being told that maybe their vote meant nothing. I would say they have a right to be angry. As for the public disorder, it's never a good thing but if you push people to far it's inevitable.

If there was a second referendum, and it was to stay that wouldn’t mean your vote/s to leave meant nothing; we are in the process of leaving after all.

However I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that there is going to be a cost associated with Brexit and that may have been overlooked/underestimated. IMO It would be foolish to leave solely on the result of the original referendum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Depends what you call popular?
Liberal brainwashing that never ends from the media....on this board it would always be stay being that Brighton is so far left :)
Do you need a definition of popular now? According to the recent Sky poll, remain has strengthened massively.

And why do you put smilies on all your posts even when inappropriate? Trivialising important topics makes you come across as vacuous.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This angry mob. They are they same people who have been called naive, racist, stupid and many more things. Now these people are being told that maybe their vote meant nothing. I would say they have a right to be angry. As for the public disorder, it's never a good thing but if you push people to far it's inevitable.

And once we're out, with no deal, are hit by trade tariffs by every major market, the economy tanks, those that keep their jobs see their working rights eroded by a government desperately trying to keep labour costs low, in order to do any trade at all, the NHS is on its knees, at the mercy of US speculators, and they can't even afford to enjoy a holiday (stood in the massive queues at European airports) because the value of the pound has crashed...?

Will they have a right to be angry then, when they discover they've been sold a lie?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Remind me who this strong passionate leader could have been.
Well a Margaret thatcher type would have been awesome but the bunch of wimps we have now are just embarrassing and are nothing but followers and not leaders.
Sad state of affairs that's lingering on and on.....:(

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Not sure why people keep bleating on about these scenarios as we're leaving and I wouldn't pay them a penny in a divorce bill and go in the WTO :)
Remain and leave camps are irrelevant now and the sooner we crack on and leave the sooner we can start to get somewhere.The remain camp just can't accept the decision and politicians and big business are doing everything to disrupt the EXIT.

If we stayed in the EU this country would be drained of its recourses even sooner and it's already showing signs of big internal issues that never get addressed.

If we had a strong passionate leader we wouldn't be in this position :)

Are you a Brexit soundbite bingo bot?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
One last thought on this is that 'you lost, get over it' is a pretty poor strategy from the Government, who could have spent the last 2 years really attempting to unite the country behind a positive outlook for the future.

No surprise, really, but they really don't care at all about bringing the majority together and offering any sort of positive vision for the future to the general population.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And once we're out, with no deal, are hit by trade tariffs by every major market, the economy tanks, those that keep their jobs see their working rights eroded by a government desperately trying to keep labour costs low, in order to do any trade at all, the NHS is on its knees, at the mercy of US speculators, and they can't even afford to enjoy a holiday (stood in the massive queues at European airports) because the value of the pound has crashed...?

Will they have a right to be angry then, when they discover they've been sold a lie?
We have enough issues internally already and that's during this so called boom period.Its time we created our own destiny instead of a bunch of anti British idiots in Brussels controlling us.
It's a long term strategy that will pay off :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Haha. I wish. They'll find someone else to blame it on.

Don't you think a huge part of the electorate will find it hard to forgive the party that foist this Referendum upon us, then made a hash of the negotiations? In particular I'm think of younger voters under 30 who will associate Tory government with austerity and incompetence, and won't recall a time when they sorted stuff.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Are you a Brexit soundbite bingo bot?

Naturally as I'm not scared of change like most remainers !!!
We have been a laughing stock for too long and we need to get this process moving ASAP as the lingering has been painful for all :)
Should have left sooner but weak leadership and bitter remainers have held things up too long.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We have enough issues internally already and that's during this so called boom period.Its time we created our own destiny instead of a bunch of anti British idiots in Brussels controlling us.
"Anti British idiots"? Eh? Is this the level of debate you're stooping to. Jesus Christ.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The argument that there shouldn't be another Referendum because we've already had one doesn't make sense when the Leave campaign has been revealed to be a pack of lies and everyone knows it.

There will be no £350 million a week for the NHS, we will not be getting a good deal from the EU, they really don't need us more than we need them, Turkey won't be joining the EU, while leaked plans for No Deal preparations for stockpiling food, medicine and fuel show there might have been a grain of truth in Project Fear.

That isn't to say that Leaving the EU is right or wrong, but it would be an acknowledgement that a Leave campaign heavy on lies and light on a road map was - at best - very misleading. Besides, the Leavers assert that many floating voters were influenced to vote Remain because of 'Project Fear', so if voters believe Project Fear IS bollocks there should be plenty of new votes going the way of Leave.

If the Tories crash out of the EU with no Second Referendum then their party will never be the same again and they may be looking at a very long time in the political wilderness.

If we do crash out, it won't just be the Tory party that will never be the same again, it will be the country. I cannot see the United Kingdom surviving this, a huge issue with the Irish border and it will tip the balance for the Scots to go it alone.

Brexit is a dodgy opinion poll that went wrong. Some are still chasing Unicorns though

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Remind me who this strong passionate leader could have been.

Judging by the torrents of abuse he gets on here,this chap might be the best choice.

The Moggfather.png

I'm coming round to the view that we should have a two question second referendum.
First question, should we stay or leave?
If the answer is stay then that's it, second question is irrelevant.
If leave, then the second question should be walk away with no deal or accept whatever the best deal the gonvernment can get?
But this referendum should not be now, it should be when the Government deide it has got the best deal it's going to get.

All in all, a right buggers muddle!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If we do crash out, it won't just be the Tory party that will be the same again, it will be the country. I cannot see the United Kingdom surviving this, huge issue with the Irish border and it will tip the balance for the Scots to go it alone.

Brexit is a dodgy opinion poll that went wrong

Anything that tips the sweaties over the edge is a Brucy Bonus-Leave now!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Do you have any reasons how it will pay off, or are we to just rely on good old British spirit and blind luck?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here