Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
You write very well for a 2 year old. :lolol:

:D On a serious note, I bitterly hate them at the best of times but Cameron and May really are scumbags of the highest order. if anyone still really doubts the self interest of Tories, they need examining. I can almost hear the leadership campaigns of Raab, Gove, Johnson etc etc being kickstarted right now...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
:D On a serious note, I bitterly hate them at the best of times but Cameron and May really are scumbags of the highest order. if anyone still really doubts the self interest of Tories, they need examining. I can almost hear the leadership campaigns of Raab, Gove, Johnson etc etc being kickstarted right now...

Look no further than Jeremy Corbyn for an example of self interest. Despite evidence that the electorate might not want Brexit anymore and despite most in his own party supporting one, he is flat rejecting a people's vote because it flies in the face of his politics (where barriers and tariffs go up to protect jobs and consequently cost them instead). Absolute tosser.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But why would Labour want to put themselves forward to be part of the biggest f*** up in recent history ?

The three options (soft Brexit, No deal, Remain) were obvious from the outset. I don't believe changing the negotiating team would have changed the EUs position or the outcome other than to give someone else to blame. TM knew it was a poisoned chalice but you can see why she stepped forward. It was her one opportunity to become PM and her ambition overruled her common sense.

What case could there possibly have been for Labour stepping forward to share the blame for a situation created by David Cameron ?

Because May would have presented it as a national emergency, a time for the good of the country that the parties would have to stand together, If Labour refused, they'd have been marked as the unpatriotic party on one hand, and the undemocratic one (denying the Brexit vote) on the other.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It is incredible that so many Politicians did not see that this sort of deal was all but inevitable from last December, when the agreement that there would be no border in Northern Ireland was made.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Anne-Marie Trevelyan PPS to the Prime Minister gone.

The resignation letters are flying around like a scene from Harry Potter.

Rats, sinking ship and all that - One almost has to admire here dogged stubbornness but like her predecessor, she is so entitled I genuinely think she believes she's doing a great job. It's incredibly sad but fascinating to watch history developing around your ears.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Look no further than Jeremy Corbyn for an example of self interest. Despite evidence that the electorate might not want Brexit anymore and despite most in his own party supporting one, he is flat rejecting a people's vote because it flies in the face of his politics (where barriers and tariffs go up to protect jobs and consequently cost them instead). Absolute tosser.

Wrong again. Labour have a clear policy which was decided at conference and doesn’t matter what JC wants

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lot of texting going on in parliament apparently - Penny Mordaunt, Sir Graham Brady, Chief Whip Julian Smith, a piece of paper handed to May by David Liddington - They must be all keenly following The Test Match score.:rolleyes:

Jan 30, 2008
good to see people standing up for what they believe in ……..LEAVE MEANS LEAVE, good to see the usual suspects getting into a frenzy over it ,
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So on that basis, even though there is nothing in place to extended our EU membership, you say they will do that until things are finalised.

On the same basis then, surely the WTO will let us use our current tariffs as a emergency until things with them are finalised? I don't see a lot of difference between the two scenarios.

The bottom line is, no one will stop importing or exporting from Britain. No one can afford to.

Also i think it is a very very bold claim to say no secret trade talks have began. How would you know this. I speculate that it may be happening, you seem to know 100% that its not. Interesting.

Agree completely that no one will stop importing or exporting from Britain. It would be disaster for both sides. That's why there won't be a 'no deal'.

We can't use our current tariffs with WTO as we don't have any. We currently, as members of the EU, use theirs.

There are no secret trade talks - trust me :wink:

I don't think we are going to agree on this, but thanks for the respectful exchange of views.

Last edited:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
good to see people standing up for what they believe in ……..LEAVE MEANS LEAVE, good to see the usual suspects getting into a frenzy over it ,
regards
DR

The usual suspects being the people who wanted Brexit - that are tasked with the job of delivering it, that have realised they are on the political Titanic, are the ones that are in a frenzy? Lets face it DR, even someone as ignorant as you can see this is a shitshow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here