Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So the vote has been pulled ...... more delays making the new referendum even less likely ( good ! ) ..... and no deal still a possibility. And before Watford starts with his preaching, no deal is a possiblitiy if no decisions are made. There was an interesting article on the BBC website over the weekend that highlighted no deal could happen by default ..... regardless of the technical challenges ...... 109 days to sort a solution !

It won't happen by default, because there is now a clear way out, by cancelling A50 and starting again. If it happens there will be people to be held accountable.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The rumour is the vote will be delayed, what for? It’s pointless delaying it. Nothings going to change.And I hope the EU play hard on their no further negotiation stance.

A vote to leave the EU would have been defeated in Parliament, but not if you have a referendum result saying do it first. She has to either put it to us, or put something better in front of Parliament.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
why do you say that ?
regards
DR

Because it is writ large in every bombastic post you make.

That and the fact you have to constantly resort to your comfort blankets of 'Leave means Leave', 'You lost, get over it' - crappy slogans that even the most moronic of Leavers realised were nonsensical, about a year ago.

:thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
because it is writ large in every bombastic post you make.

That and the fact you have to constantly resort to your comfort blankets of 'leave means leave', 'you lost, get over it' - crappy slogans that even the most moronic of leavers realised were nonsensical, about a year ago.

:thumbsup:

you keep living in denial , leave means leave, IT'S WHAT WAS VOTED FOR, FACT :bigwave:

regards
DR

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The rumour is the vote will be delayed, what for? It’s pointless delaying it. Nothings going to change.And I hope the EU play hard on their no further negotiation stance.

But Labour tell us there's a much better deal to be had. Where is it exactly?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
have you? i mean with verifiable sources? because i have heard from people involved in trade that, while concerned, dont think its a massive issue and the ports will continue to function.

I would like you to show the verifiable sources for your statement.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Based on this thread I reckon we could make a decent action figure out of PPF. One of those one's where you pull a string and it spouts out a couple of lines.

"Coming to a Poundland near you, the PPF action figure! Pull his (or her) string to hear one of three CLASSIC catch-phrases:

'Leave means leave!'
'Priceless!'
'Regards DR'

Be sure to pick yours up! Coming March, 2019!

Batteries sold separately, accessories not included""

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i was hoping for some sensible input, not jibes. tariffs would default to the existing EU, paperwork defaults to the existing system for dealing with non-EU. time taken to process everything would increase. most of this is other forum talk, i dont know if they know or speculate like WatfordO. one person i know personally in the transport industry says lorries backed up everywhere wont happen, because goods simply wont go out if thats likely - no haulage firms is going to put blokes and lorries on the road knowing they'll be stuck in Kent/Calais for days.

And those firms might well go under, if the choice is, get through even if it takes three days, or close the business, what would you do? If I have sold shit and need it delivered, I am pulling it from the firm that wont try, and putting it with the ones that will do their best.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
GE called, Jezza gets the nod.

Decides no better deal can be had, so changes mind about 2nd vote.

We stay in Europe and have Jezza for the next few years as PM.

By Christ I'm excited by all this.

We need a Poll on this time next year. In/Out, Red/Blue/Other, May/Jezza, Fooked/Partially Fooked

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Time for no deal. Just get on with it. No deal at least gives us certainty and will almost certainly mean the EU comes back with a better offer at some point in the future.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here