Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
I don't want a league table, but Europe has suffered terrorism in the past from ETA and the RAF, and if you included with the EU, and therefore include the IRA there have been many attacks resulting in death, injury and damage

That was in the past, I was referring more specifically to today's terrorism and how the EU are supposed to be dealing with it . all this sh*t suddenly arriving on our doorstep is hardly a record worth boasting about and one that hardly sends out a message that Europe is safer under the control of the EU. especially when it's clear Merkel and immigration play a fundamental part in it's build up.

Lets face it mate what can the EU possibly be proud of under it's long and outdated empire, nothing apart from bankruptcy, corruption, divided societies, misery riots and terrorism. a complete and utter failure in my eyes..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That was in the past, I was referring more specifically to today's terrorism and how the EU are supposed to be dealing with it . all this sh*t suddenly arriving on our doorstep is hardly a record worth boasting about and one that hardly sends out a message that Europe is safer under the control of the EU. especially when it's clear Merkel and immigration play a fundamental part in it's build up.

Lets face it mate what can the EU possibly be proud of under it's long and outdated empire, nothing apart from bankruptcy, corruption, divided societies, misery riots and terrorism. a complete and utter failure in my eyes..
Self deleted.
Incorrect post

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Record numbers of EU staff have quit the NHS, the crisis is not far off breaking point, having to pay for health care will soon be a reality unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Outside Brighton central library there's an interesting installation called "Before I die I want to..." The title is repeated across all four sides with blackboard spaces for people to finish the sentence in their own way. In the middle, on the side facing the street, in the most prominent of places, someone has written "...feel safe in the UK". I felt a little shame.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Of course it is.:facepalm:
Youtube must be constantly spending time staging these false happenings then.

I think you have misunderstood. I deleted my own post , "self deleted", because I posted something that I then realised was incorrect, "incorrect post".
Wasn't taking issue with your post.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Outside Brighton central library there's an interesting installation called "Before I die I want to..." The title is repeated across all four sides with blackboard spaces for people to finish the sentence in their own way. In the middle, on the side facing the street, in the most prominent of places, someone has written "...feel safe in the UK". I felt a little shame.

Do you know why this (anonymous ?) person did not feel safe in the UK?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do you really think we never did any of this stuff entirely well by ourselves up to 1974?

Do you really think hundreds of EU bureaucrats having to discuss these things (no doubt over agreeable lunches) saved us cash?

What a lot of bollocks.

Do you really think we didn't pay the pensions of the people that did this for us, up to 1974?

We can argue about whether the EU is value for money, but you can't argue that the people in it's employment have not done anything for you or me, or that they are not entitled to a pension which we should be partially responsible for.

Doing something once for 28 states, is lower cost than doing it 28 times, once for each state. If you want to argue about whether we could do it all for ourselves for less than the EU contribution, then you have a case, but I bet it is a lot closer than you think if you take into account all the savings to UK consumers.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So the EU supporters on here are quite happy to pay a huge amount of money with no accounting what for,to an organisation that has no idea why it is raising a bill,other than for spite.But you are quite happy for a country which owes many Billions of Euros to the countries it pillaged and ravaged not to pay any back.Some of you even seem happy that it doesn't pay it's dues towards an organisation that has kept Europe safe since the last round of severe unpleasantness from the Germans.(NATO,not the EU).Please hand in your passports on the way out!

I think we might be wise to keep our mouths shut about reparations for historic pillaging.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Do you really think we didn't pay the pensions of the people that did this for us, up to 1974?

We can argue about whether the EU is value for money, but you can't argue that the people in it's employment have not done anything for you or me, or that they are not entitled to a pension which we should be partially responsible for.

Doing something once for 28 states, is lower cost than doing it 28 times, once for each state. If you want to argue about whether we could do it all for ourselves for less than the EU contribution, then you have a case, but I bet it is a lot closer than you think if you take into account all the savings to UK consumers.

are you really in the believe that the EU centralises bureacracy and we dispense with the offices and responsibilities they have oversee? no, they provide an additional layer, employing people to determine and create new regulations, while member nations maintain the old offices, now with additional staff as they need to not only administer their own legislation and regulation but integrate and apply the EU version in addition. this is why business, that should like EU, constantly berate the increase in bureacracy, they have apply two lots under the current system, even if they do not trade in the EU.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Some of them have been approving the car you drive, to make sure you have half a chance of surviving a crash, some of them have been organising drug trials so you can get treatments for cancer, some of them have been crafting the law that protects your consumer rights across the EU, or your health and safety, or your environment. There are others in the patent office and things like that which you may not have had a direct need for, but we need people in these bureaucratic roles, whether they work for the UK government or for 28 governments. Saves a bit of cash though if we do these things once for 28 nations though as opposed to 28 times.
There are a million and one ways in which the EU bureaucrats have benefitted you, all that legislation that Farage got you all het up about was mostly stuff to protect you in one way or another.

You can add the millions of pounds funding economic develop, regeneration, education etc provided by the European Social and
Regional Development funds. Maybe also H2020 research funding which means that we are at the cutting edge of technology developments in everything from medicine, defence, artificial intelligence etc. Working on projects which receive this development funding and have contributed to 100s of new businesses created I know at first hand that the government hasn't got the first idea how to fill the gaps soon to be left, to be honest I doubt ministers even know anything about how they work, they change portfolio so often and tend to focus on what makes them look good. Still with us out of the EU we will be free of corrupt MEPs; some of them have more than one job.....no more of that nonsense.

D

Deleted member 22389

You can add the millions of pounds funding economic develop, regeneration, education etc provided by the European Social and
Regional Development funds. Maybe also H2020 research funding which means that we are at the cutting edge of technology developments in everything from medicine, defence, artificial intelligence etc. Working on projects which receive this development funding and have contributed to 100s of new businesses created I know at first hand that the government hasn't got the first idea how to fill the gaps soon to be left, to be honest I doubt ministers even know anything about how they work, they change portfolio so often and tend to focus on what makes them look good. Still with us out of the EU we will be free of corrupt MEPs; some of them have more than one job.....no more of that nonsense.

It makes it sound like the EU gives us free money, what about the billions that we have already paid in to this system. This country has been short changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
On the basis that a generation is 25 years, then nothing approaching this has happened since the Maastricht treaty

Maastricht treaty will be just a blip in history I fear Brexit will prove to be far more profound for our children and their children

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It makes it sound like the EU gives us free money, what about the billions that we have already paid in to this system. This country has been short changed.

How much have we paid and how much have we been short changed by?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39335904

If Brexit is such a good, solid idea why the bedwetting?

Here's the brexit headline as news at 10

monkeys.jpg

It'll be OK, what can go wrong? We're only exiting the biggest market in the world because of fearmongering and lies. It'll be fine. Britain has spoken.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Basically this boils down to Tories threatening "show Brexit in a good light or else". Disgusting.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It really isn't.
Have you actually read that article? It basically says "we don't know the figures". Because of rebates being paid and the seriously worrying notion that there are no records of how much we get back. You couldn't make it up. Another example of making decisions without knowing the most fundamental and vital facts. A mess.

"We can be pretty sure about how much cash we put in, but it’s far harder to be sure about how much, if anything, comes back in economic benefits. “There is no definitive study of the economic impact of the UK’s EU membership or the costs and benefits of withdrawal”, as the House of Commons Library says".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here