View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
636. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

449 70.60%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

187 29.40%
Page 6989 of 7209 FirstFirst ... 598964896889693969796986698769886989699069916992699970397089 ... LastLast
Results 69,881 to 69,890 of 72087

0 Not allowed!
    Any leavers vote for this?

NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We are told on NSC that they all voted for the same thing - so it's all of them, or none of them.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).

0 Not allowed!
      Cabinet really pulling together at this challenging time

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...exit-deal.html

Mr Gibb's full leaked email

This is a challenging time for the Government.

Number 10 worked incredibly hard and deliberately starved out the Downing St weekend grid [of media appearances] to give the launch of PM’s NHS plan – its biggest ever cash injection – the best possible coverage.

But because of briefings and articles by ministers in Sunday papers, attention was diverted elsewhere. To add to our frustration, No 10 had no warning of two ministerial op-eds [articles] and there was a briefing on a policy change we did not approve.

I’d like to say it was out of the ordinary but it isn’t. More and more interviews and briefings appear that have not been approved or are even on the No 10 grid.

There is a clear process for doing this and it must be adhered to.

Let me remind you that all Government special advisers work for the Prime Minister as well as your own Secretary of State.

Your duty is to promote the Government’s message, not just your own minister’s.

I am sorry to start the New Year on a sour note but this situation cannot continue.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      "I am sorry to start the New Year on a sour note but this situation cannot continue."

*Barber copies to clipboard*

Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Hemed, Towell ( 1 further year option ).

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post

The husband of a Viscount's daughter tweeting a letter from a Lord about a 'sovereign Brexit on WTO rules' tally ho, what, what, what, free trade deals with Burundi, spiffing etc.

I remember Owen Paterson telling Dermot Murnaghan on Sky News at the end of 2016 saying we need to 'get cracking' with Article 50 and there'd be a deal because German car manufacturers would insist upon it and when pressed as to why insisted 'because there has to be!.

Now it's 'No deal? No problem, ya, we're Briddish!'

A Brexit backing Tory toff says something and some people still believe it.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!

1 Not allowed!
      The human cost of ending Freedom of Movement.

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      According to greater legal minds than mine, the U.K. has no legal obligations to pay a penny to the EU on Brexit.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...enny-say-lords

I get the need for pragmatism though, so the £40bn of U.K. Taxpayers money that is due for return is probably tied up in the negation somehow, but we won’t see that money returned until 2054.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8023516.html

The EIB money plus our stake in EU assets is sizeable and should not be conflated with the payment we are making to the EU. We owe them nothing legally speaking. Sorry.
      Are you truly expecting that in a no deal situation, we would pay nothing, and we would be getting our share of the EU estate?
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Members

"Jesus Christ! That rabbit's dynamite!"

0 Not allowed!
      I see BoJo is borrowing money from Lynton Crosy's firm, interest free.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's an interesting story, but Poland signed up to the EU laws in the same way that football clubs sign up to FA laws. It isn't the 'EU' who are is taking punitive action, as such, as the vote in Parliament required all countries to agree, with Hungary already saying it would veto it. 28 different countries have got to agree such an action so the chances, as that article said, are very slim. The EU is not a faceless entity but a group of countries, so it cannot just unilaterally punish another country.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's an interesting story, but Poland signed up to the EU laws in the same way that football clubs sign up to FA laws. It isn't the 'EU' who are is taking punitive action, as such, as the vote in Parliament required all countries to agree, with Hungary already saying it would veto it. 28 different countries have got to agree such an action so the chances, as that article said, are very slim. The EU is not a faceless entity but a group of countries, so it cannot just unilaterally punish another country.

I don't think that the FA example works with regard to punishment, the FA does fine clubs arbitrarily, other clubs do not have a veto on the punishment meted out.

Regarding Poland I think its unlikely that they will be stripped of voting rights but then thats not the problem, in the eyes of Poles “the EU” is imposing its will on a democratically elected Govt. The same applies to Hungary.

This situation for Poles, who will have memories of their times living under Communism will not make the EU popular. The same situation but for different reasons spplies in Greece and Italy. I note Spain, Portugal and France are all in breach of EU budget rules but they are not bring fined (probably the right decision), yet Italy are being given a kicking for their proposed budget.

No doubt there are technical whys and wherefores that support “the EU” however that wont matter to the masses, they see a high handed remote unelcted institution interferring with countries internal workings, and/or grievance at inconsistency to how they are treated in comparison with other countries, particularly France and Germany.

Of all the EU country’s we know how this plays out better than most.