Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Looking at the events of the last few days,Tusk,Barnier and other assorted corrupt bullies, even the most swivel eyed, UK hating, white European supremacist remainiacs MUST now realise Why the nation voted to leave?Surely?
Thank goodness that we’re leaving this shithouse outfit to fester in its fanny batter.
On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larus

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
That's a shame.

I guess that means you won't need to deal with any of the substance of what I was saying.

That's too bad, very convenient, and it proves my point, but too bad. It's my fault, not yours.

I’ll live with not having read your claptrap.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily. What does that tell you? If being in the EU was so great then this wouldn't be a concern. If you are in any kind of relationship and you want to give the impression that leaving will be difficult and painful, then that doesn't sound like a very secure relationship does it? Not only that but that kind of way of behaving, in a human relationship, we would probably consider abusive and controlling.

The way the EU has conducted itself with Brexit reminds me of that final scene in the movie "The Beach", where the leader of the group is so hell bent on keeping their utopia together that she is willing, out of desperation, to do the unthinkable. Nothing matters more than keeping the group together, even sacraficing one of them savagely. Well the result of that is that all members of the group see it for what it really is. The result? They all run away as fast as they can. The very act of desperately trying to keep things together at all costs destroys it, by exposing the reality of what that really means when push comes to shove.

Get a grip. You write swathes or utter huff n puff which when unpicked boils down to a dislike of foreigners having influence. You’re basically just a very wordy bigot. Tedious doesn’t begin to cover it so I’ll finish there.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Lol
You will find that most brexiteers are passionate and proud to be British and have a backbone while most leavers are anti British and actually prefer the EU organisation because they don't like change and have zero backbone.
What's great about the EU?remember the EU isn't a country it's a glorified "middle man" that barks orders and receives and distributes monies !!
It doesn't listen and has no interest in any immigration or internal issues that countries have and in a way it's like a modern day dictatorship.
I find it so interesting to see why people from the left love the EU and why Anti EU people are called racists etc....Not sure why we have so many brainwashed students and liberals as these types really do need sorting as they're the most naive and gullible types you'd ever meet.
We're leaving and these pointless relentless remain poundings need stopping fast !!

You might want to proof read your crap before you post.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Get a grip. You write swathes or utter huff n puff which when unpicked boils down to a dislike of foreigners having influence. You’re basically just a very wordy bigot. Tedious doesn’t begin to cover it so I’ll finish there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are calling me a racist.

One of us deserves a ban, me if you are justified, and you if you are not.

As an interested party, I'm going to turn that decision over to someone else.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are calling me a racist.

One of us deserves a ban, me if you are justified, and you if you are not.

As an interested party, I'm going to turn that decision over to someone else.

No, I'm not calling you racist. If I thought you were racist I would have used the word "racist". I said you don't like foreigners (the EU) having influence. As in you do not like people in the corridors of power of the EU, people who are not British politicians having influence over Britain. Very different thing. And I went on to call you a bigot, which is not the same as racist. Look it up. I cannot even believe I am defending my post against your ridiculous accusation, you utter baby.

Consider yourself corrected.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Oh dear. Shows how little you know. You make things up.

In a report I read, his popularity is lower than at any point under Holland.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/french-president-emmanuel-macron-job-approval-ratings-record-low-2018-9?r=US&IR=T

You obviously didn't read it in the report you linked to then which says

'Emmanuel Macron has become more unpopular than his predecessor Francois Hollande was at the same point in office.'

Holland(sic) managed to get ratings 20% lower than Macron is currently recording and knowing how you don't like people who 'make things up' :lolol:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily. What does that tell you? If being in the EU was so great then this wouldn't be a concern. If you are in any kind of relationship and you want to give the impression that leaving will be difficult and painful, then that doesn't sound like a very secure relationship does it? Not only that but that kind of way of behaving, in a human relationship, we would probably consider abusive and controlling.

The way the EU has conducted itself with Brexit reminds me of that final scene in the movie "The Beach", where the leader of the group is so hell bent on keeping their utopia together that she is willing, out of desperation, to do the unthinkable. Nothing matters more than keeping the group together, even sacraficing one of them savagely. Well the result of that is that all members of the group see it for what it really is. The result? They all run away as fast as they can. The very act of desperately trying to keep things together at all costs destroys it, by exposing the reality of what that really means when push comes to shove.

:lolol:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
"If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily."
Perhaps. But maybe a little more accurate to say they want to discourage countries (or more specifically a country) from 'leaving easily' and then cherry-pick the existing benefits of membership that they want to take with them. As an aside, I think that we don't need the EU's help in making leaving extraordinarily difficult - we are doing pretty well in demonstrating this by ourselves!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So, following last week's latest edition of Westminster's longest running farce, what's it to be

Chequers - Go back for an even 'softer' deal ?

'No Deal' (you know, the one we 'fall into' even though we haven't even started to agree tariffs and rules with the WTO, and don't have the Borders, Customs, Processes, systems or staff to implement them when/if we do manage to agree them :facepalm:)

Another vote ?

If only someone could have seen this coming last year before we started the the negotiations and told everyone, we could have done something about it

I really can't see anything beyond the three options

1/ Soft Brexit with No borders and regulatory alignment

2/ No agreement and WTO

3/ Withdraw article 50

Shirley, any negotiation now will only be minor fine-tuning on one of the above

MYSTIC-MEG_2882318b.jpg

Spooky Huh ?

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily."
Perhaps. But maybe a little more accurate to say they want to discourage countries (or more specifically a country) from 'leaving easily' and then cherry-pick the existing benefits of membership that they want to take with them. As an aside, I think that we don't need the EU's help in making leaving extraordinarily difficult - we are doing pretty well in demonstrating this by ourselves!

Are we really trying to cherry-pick the benefits of the EU though? The way I see it all we are trying to achieve is leaving in a position in which we (us and the EU) would likely already be in had we never joined, i.e. with thoroughly worked out (voluntary) arrangements to facilitate trade and other areas of (voluntary) partnership. These things would have developed (voluntarily) over time anyway, and they would have been uncontroverisial, they would have been trivial. They are only an issue now because they would show that you can have the same kinds of cooperation and partnership with other European countries on a voluntary basis, without the need to cede political decision making to a supranational institution.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Are we really trying to cherry-pick the benefits of the EU though? The way I see it all we are trying to achieve is leaving in a position in which we (us and the EU) would likely already be in had we never joined, i.e. with thoroughly worked out (voluntary) arrangements to facilitate trade and other areas of (voluntary) partnership. These things would have developed (voluntarily) over time anyway, and they would have been uncontroverisial, they would have been trivial. They are only an issue now because they would show that you can have the same kinds of cooperation and partnership with other European countries on a voluntary basis, without the need to cede political decision making to a supranational institution.

Yet here we are with F-all.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
'No Deal' (you know, the one we 'fall into' even though we haven't even started to agree tariffs and rules with the WTO, and don't have the Borders, Customs, Processes, systems or staff to implement them when/if we do manage to agree them :facepalm:)

https://trade-knowledge.net/comment...xit-goods-tariffs-to-the-wto-what-that-means/

On 24 July 2018 the United Kingdom submitted to the World Trade Organisation (WTO) draft new national schedules of tariffs and equivalent charges on UK imports of goods, to come into effect when the UK leaves the European Union. Their contents will become public in due course. For now they are confidential to WTO member governments (including the EU27), who have been given three months in which to offer comments through the WTO machinery. This article explains why the UK initiative is necessary, and the procedures which it sets in motion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I would suggest that Free movement between NI/Ireland is cherry picking the benefits of the EU.

The EU were always going to put the interests of it's members first and foremost. That's why they exist.

Following that they will co-operate and agree partnership deals with us, but their members will always come first and in any partnership, we are very much the junior partner.

I believe a lot of people didn't (and still don't) understand this :shrug:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here