Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"To restore competitiveness, we must begin by deregulating the labour market"
- Liam Fox

That's our minimum wages, paid holidays, maternity and paternity rights, hours regulations, safety at work he's talking about "de-regulating".

Leave voters, this is why people don't like you.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
So in the wake (and wake is not a bad word to use about the slow death of the UK's reputation) of Mrs May's extraordinary performance yesterday there is now a concerted Tory voice choir of EU Shaming. What a surprise: the hard-core Breixteers and the May-ites are singing from the same hymn sheet - anyone would think that there's a party conference around the corner.
It's hard to think that the whole thing wasn't stage-managed - although stage-management requires a competence not often demonstrated by the government.

Two years and it seems like we are still as far away from the Easiest Deal in History as we were when we started this whole sorry saga...…..

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Think it may at last be dawning on the Brexiteers the balls up they were fooled into voting for.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"To restore competitiveness, we must begin by deregulating the labour market"
- Liam Fox

That's our minimum wages, paid holidays, maternity and paternity rights, hours regulations, safety at work he's talking about "de-regulating".

Leave voters, this is why people don't like you.

As usual you don't think much beyond the simplistic do you. "Regulations, good :), deregulation, bad :(". "Evil Brexit voters hate workers, Remainers and the EU care about workers".

You don't dislike people because they want to deregulate, you dislike people because you don't think about anything with any real thoroughness, if a soundbite can make things sound like they justify your "morally superior" position, then a soundbite is good enough for you. All you care about is this caricatured style of politics and it's unintelligent and boring.

Deregulation is a strategy which aims to remove institutions of labour market regulation and reduce legal intervention in the relationships between employers and individual employees to a minimum. This includes removing not only regulations derived from state intervention, but also those resulting from the activities of collective organisations of labour, trade unions, notably collective bargaining.

Advocates of deregulation point to various features of labour market regulation in Europe, including strong unions, stringent employment protection and generous welfare provisions as an explanation for high unemployment levels compared with lower levels prevailing in the relatively deregulated labour markets of the United States. However, for instance, the 1995 World Employment report of the International Labour Organization (ILO) refers to deterioration in labour market performance in all OECD countries since the first oil shock of 1974 ‘irrespective of differences in labour market regulation’, and points to ‘rising inequality and falling wages in the less regulated United States labour market and high unemployment in the more regulated European setting.’

The EU has followed a policy of liberalisation and deregulation of markets in order to open them up to competition. Accordingly, this policy has been followed in the case of sectors such as transport, energy, postal services and telecommunications. The rationale for this is to enable consumers to benefit from lower prices and new services, which are usually more efficient and consumer-friendly, thus helping to make the EU economy more competitive. However, trade unions and employer representatives are wary of liberalisation and deregulation of sectors, fearing that this could have a negative impact on labour standards, pay, working conditions and employment in general. Overall, EU policy attempts to find a balance between opening up markets and ensuring a high level of good quality employment.
https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/observatories/eurwork/industrial-relations-dictionary/deregulation

Regardless of what either of us think about what levels of regulation should be (I would tend towards less, I'm sure you would tend towards more), I think it's fair to say that if you are fighting to improve wages and reduce inequality then you are well motivated. Likewise if you are trying to reduce unemployement and improve value for consumers, then you are also well motivated.

Why do you find it so hard to get your head around the fact that other people who have different political (or economic) views from your own are not evil? It's you on the liberal left who completely toxify all debate with this kind of lazy, cheap, self righteous thinking. It doesn't further discussion, in fact it's designed not to. "They're just evil". That's your argument in a nutshell.

It's pathetic.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Ah yes. Avid undemocratic loon.. Macron fanboy/future of Europe shows his true colours once more.

Great stuff. All the old lines, and right on cue too.

To say that someone who agrees with Macron on this cannot be patriotic is as intelligent as saying that someone who agrees with the following cannot be an Albion supporter.

"...running away... is not the solution. The mindset should be that we are all part of this Europe, so let's try to solve the problem. We should all try to take care of each other." David Wagner.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
"I will point out however, that we’ve gone from being the biggest empire on the globe to an annoying f***g piss head who’s just glassed the landlord, needs to leave, wants to stay friends with everyone, but won’t pay his f**g bar tab".

https://tuckered.co.uk/2017/09/22/brexiters-are-thicker-than-a-90s-yellow-pages/

This is the "round up" of that blog post.

"Yes, the majority have spoken! Well sorry but the majority are thick ****ing c*nts.

If for some insane reason you actually like this shite then please consider a small donation (or a ****ing massive one if you're rich). Facebook have killed the reach of my page and as a result I make bugger all, plus borderline alcoholism is quite expensive."

Why you chose to quote something like this as though it's a source of good quality thought provoking information I don't know.

I don't suppose you have anything intelligent you want to bring to the discussion?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
As usual you don't think much beyond the simplistic do you. "Regulations, good :), deregulation, bad :(". "Evil Brexit voters hate workers, Remainers and the EU care about workers".

You don't dislike people because they want to deregulate, you dislike people because you don't think about anything with any real thoroughness, if a soundbite can make things sound like they justify your "morally superior" position, then a soundbite is good enough for you. All you care about is this caricatured style of politics and it's unintelligent and boring.

https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/observatories/eurwork/industrial-relations-dictionary/deregulation

Regardless of what either of us think about what levels of regulation should be (I would tend towards less, I'm sure you would tend towards more), I think it's fair to say that if you are fighting to improve wages and reduce inequality then you are well motivated. Likewise if you are trying to reduce unemployement and improve value for consumers, then you are also well motivated.

Why do you find it so hard to get your head around the fact that other people who have different political (or economic) views from your own are not evil? It's you on the liberal left who completely toxify all debate with this kind of lazy, cheap, self righteous thinking. It doesn't further discussion, in fact it's designed not to. "They're just evil". That's your argument in a nutshell.

It's pathetic.

Sorry I didn't get past your first insult. Which was quite early on. Gave up after that.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
This is the "round up" of that blog post.

"Yes, the majority have spoken! Well sorry but the majority are thick ****ing c*nts.

If for some insane reason you actually like this shite then please consider a small donation (or a ****ing massive one if you're rich). Facebook have killed the reach of my page and as a result I make bugger all, plus borderline alcoholism is quite expensive."

Why you chose to quote something like this as though it's a source of good quality thought provoking information I don't know.

I don't suppose you have anything intelligent you want to bring to the discussion?

No, it's poorly written crap but it did exactly what I wished.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No, it's poorly written crap but it did exactly what I wished.

It's a shame you never wish to further meaningful discussion or try to understand where other people might be coming from even if you disagree with them.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Sorry I didn't get past your first insult. Which was quite early on. Gave up after that.

That's a shame.

I guess that means you won't need to deal with any of the substance of what I was saying.

That's too bad, very convenient, and it proves my point, but too bad. It's my fault, not yours.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
An unelected politician so far up his own arse. What with the cake instagram which I've no doubt some of you were wetting yourselves over, is he really supposed to be in charge of EU negotiations.

Thank Christ we're leaving.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily. What does that tell you? If being in the EU was so great then this wouldn't be a concern. If you are in any kind of relationship and you want to give the impression that leaving will be difficult and painful, then that doesn't sound like a very secure relationship does it? Not only that but that kind of way of behaving, in a human relationship, we would probably consider abusive and controlling.

The way the EU has conducted itself with Brexit reminds me of that final scene in the movie "The Beach", where the leader of the group is so hell bent on keeping their utopia together that she is willing, out of desperation, to do the unthinkable. Nothing matters more than keeping the group together, even sacraficing one of them savagely. Well the result of that is that all members of the group see it for what it really is. The result? They all run away as fast as they can. The very act of desperately trying to keep things together at all costs destroys it, by exposing the reality of what that really means when push comes to shove.

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
An unelected politician so far up his own arse. What with the cake instagram which I've no doubt some of you were wetting yourselves over, is he really supposed to be in charge of EU negotiations.

Thank Christ we're leaving.

Here we go again about un-elected leaders - he takes his cue from the leaders of the 27 members of the EU who are elected!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
If you look at the EU's attitude it has always been that they want to discourage others from thinking they can leave easily. What does that tell you? If being in the EU was so great then this wouldn't be a concern. If you are in any kind of relationship and you want to give the impression that leaving will be difficult and painful, then that doesn't sound like a very secure relationship does it? Not only that but that kind of way of behaving, in a human relationship, we would probably consider abusive and controlling.

The way the EU has conducted itself with Brexit reminds me of that final scene in the movie "The Beach", where the leader of the group is so hell bent on keeping their utopia together that she is willing, out of desperation, to do the unthinkable. Nothing matters more than keeping the group together, even sacraficing one of them savagely. Well the result of that is that all members of the group see it for what it really is. The result? They all run away as fast as they can. The very act of desperately trying to keep things together at all costs destroys it, by exposing the reality of what that really means when push comes to shove.

What a load of bilge. Desperate Leavers trying to shore up defences that are getting a daily battering as more and more people become aware of the evidence about why Brexit is a very bad idea.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough

It's pathetic.

An excellent post analysing the attitude of The Clamp, and cohorts like Herr Tubthumper. It is interesting to know what is behind their assumed and unmerited superiority. Their inclination to insult brings this thread down to a tawdry level, and I am sure puts some people off from posting and debating what is a hugely important topic.

Maybe it is a deep insecurity inside that they cannot deal with, hence needing the protection of a superior air, or maybe it is just intellectual laziness. Either way, there are a lot of people like this on social media and elsewhere, mostly from the "left" or "liberal" positions. What they don't realise is that their style just drives others further away from their views by default, and persuades nobody. Kind of counter-productive? But then, maybe their goal is not to convince other, but make themselves feel more secure.

D

Deleted member 22389

An excellent post analysing the attitude of The Clamp, and cohorts like Herr Tubthumper. It is interesting to know what is behind their assumed and unmerited superiority. Their inclination to insult brings this thread down to a tawdry level, and I am sure puts some people off from posting and debating what is a hugely important topic.

Maybe it is a deep insecurity inside that they cannot deal with, hence needing the protection of a superior air, or maybe it is just intellectual laziness. Either way, there are a lot of people like this on social media and elsewhere, mostly from the "left" or "liberal" positions. What they don't realise is that their style just drives others further away from their views by default, and persuades nobody. Kind of counter-productive? But then, maybe their goal is not to convince other, but make themselves feel more secure.

Thumbs up from me.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What a load of bilge. Desperate Leavers trying to shore up defences that are getting a daily battering as more and more people become aware of the evidence about why Brexit is a very bad idea.
Lol
You will find that most brexiteers are passionate and proud to be British and have a backbone while most leavers are anti British and actually prefer the EU organisation because they don't like change and have zero backbone.
What's great about the EU?remember the EU isn't a country it's a glorified "middle man" that barks orders and receives and distributes monies !!
It doesn't listen and has no interest in any immigration or internal issues that countries have and in a way it's like a modern day dictatorship.
I find it so interesting to see why people from the left love the EU and why Anti EU people are called racists etc....Not sure why we have so many brainwashed students and liberals as these types really do need sorting as they're the most naive and gullible types you'd ever meet.
We're leaving and these pointless relentless remain poundings need stopping fast !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here