Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Oh come on! You can write down a deal and ask them if it is realistic! You can at least write down something and put it to the people instead of just an option of remain and something undefined.

Again, a deal is subject to negotiations with two parties, how are you proposing EU treaty law is circumvented ? Have you already forgotten the UK asked the EU to make a deal on citizens rights prior to handing in our notification and they flatly refused saying not only will they only discuss it after notification is given but they wouldnt conclude it separately as they emphasised in their own guidelines nothing is agreed until everything is agreed

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
This deal answers the #1 reason that most leavers (whatever they say) voted for namely control of the UK border.it also gets our fishing rights back and distances the ECJ as it limits jurisdiction to EU concerns. It also gets us out of the CAP so I say do it.

Then we have 2 years of steady as she goes during which we can explore the opportunities offered by global partnerships.

Whatever we think of TM she’s done an epic job here. History will judge her kindly.

Yay Remainers telling leavers what they did or didn't vote for yet again .... If what you say is accurate most leavers would be supporting this deal ... but the opposite is true according to all available polling evidence.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Yay Remainers telling leavers what they did or didn't vote for yet again .... If what you say is accurate most leavers would be supporting this deal ... but the opposite is true according to all available polling evidence.

Indeed, considering free movement is actually ending Its almost as if immigration wasnt really the number 1 obsession of leave voters given the polling.......funny that!

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

At the vote immigration was the key point. Polling showed this. Now people appear to have changed their mind. I wish I could be bothered to go back through the thread to find people’s reasons for voting. It seems most have changed their mind.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At the vote immigration was the key point. Polling showed this. Now people appear to have changed their mind. I wish I could be bothered to go back through the thread to find people’s reasons for voting. It seems most have changed their mind.

I don't believe that EU migration was ever an issue here- (except, perhaps, the strain on public services with large numbers in short periods for some places). Immigrants (or ex-pats overseas as we call them with a more cuddly phrase) have done a lot of good for us. Many folk still can't see it that way.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The point is that it clearly shows that you have shown absolutely no regard for the initial referendum result, although you seemingly had no reservations prior to it when you thought you would win, perversely a month before the referendum you commented on the Greek referendum saying:

They are a democratic country. They could have said no. They would have gone back to the drachma and carried on. They would have been poorer by leaving yes, but that was a choice they have. And it is our choice also, albeit in different circumstances.

But less than 24 hours after our own referendum you were hoping for a reversal of the result and now trying to tell me that you are only supporting a peoples vote for fair and logical reasons, you might be kidding yourself but you're not kidding 17.5 million Leave voters.

Wow, you’re a bit of a stalker with a lot of time on your hands. I’ve never had a stalker before.

Yes, the Euro was a nonsense for the Greeks, and a few others. i agree with what I said..... They lied to get into the Euro and have made their people suffer since.

You can’t freeze democracy, if the elected government or the people move on from Brexit, then we move on.

Brexitremists don’t seem happy with Mays version of Brexit. I have some sympathy given we are starting th breakup of the U.K. but that was always on the cards. Where are you on it?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

One of the largest polls was carried out immediately after the referendum and does not have immigration as the key point and the poll is in line with what people were arguing for/against prior to the vote.

Leave-vs-Remain-podium-rankings-768x989.jpg

Nearly half (49%) of leave voters said the biggest single reason for wanting to leave the EU was “the principle that decisions about the UK should be taken in the UK”. One third (33%) said the main reason was that leaving “offered the best chance for the UK to regain control over immigration and its own borders.” Just over one in eight (13%) said remaining would mean having no choice “about how the EU expanded its membership or its powers in the years ahead.” Only just over one in twenty (6%) said their main reason was that “when it comes to trade and the economy, the UK would benefit more from being outside the EU than from being part of it.”

https://lordashcroftpolls.com/2016/06/how-the-united-kingdom-voted-and-why/

It may suit your worldview to claim immigration was the overriding factor but the polls at the time and the polls now on the deal, considering free movement is ending say you are wrong.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Bullshit. You could have done the decent thing and put forwards a reasonable proposal that the eu had said was not unrealistic. It didnt have to be officially negotiated.

EU treaty law says you are wrong no matter how hard you scream bullshit. I will take EU treaty law concerning international negotiation protocols over what you think is possible.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Riiiiight. Sounds like excuses to me. You could so easily have at least drafted a plan to put to the people! Instead you lot did nothing.

Im not surprised in the least to hear actual EU treaty law does sound like excuses in your internal thought process.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Riiiiight. Sounds like excuses to me. You could so easily have at least drafted a plan to put to the people! Instead you lot did nothing.

Worryingly I partly agree with you. The organisers of the referendum should have had a plan if the vote went leave. Now remind me who those organisers were ? Ah, a staunchly remain government and PM !!! So you can direct your ridiculous drama queen act towards remain not leave.

It still doesn't negate the fact it is EU law that prevents the EU discussing anything before Article 50 is triggered but you seem to be of an opinion that the laws of your beloved EU should be broken ..... how hypocritical.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Right and I suppose a football agent has NEVER had a word in a players ear about a deal before getting permission from their club. You can do all sorts of unofficial stuff.

Holy cow, you are special…..what makes you think the discussion between a football agent and their clients are so similar to the defined legal process regarding European negotiations as laid out in an international treaty that it deserves comparison.
There really is no way you can be this constantly dumb, post after post after post without substance assistance……..does make me laugh though how you are a representative of remainers now.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I never said they were the same. But it is an example of a rule not being followed to the letter of the law.

yes you did ......You literally offered football agents as a comparison
you should try and remeber what you have said

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah, Cameron was a right prick about it.
There are many bullshit EU rules and I say if a rule is bullshit, change it, don't rum away from it. Also, I don't think that eu law forbids a plan being looked over by people, you know, in their spare time and giving an off the clock "looks ok to me" statement.

So let me get this right :

UK PM : Hi EU, we think the law about having to trigger Article 50 before any considerations is shit. Can it be changed ?

EU : Why on earth does that worry you ?

UK PM : Erm .... well .... keep this to yourselves but we're thinking of leaving.

EU : So what's in it for us to change the law ?

UK PM : Hmmm .... er ..... welll ..... ah, got it, it will satisfy our current holder of the Top Village Idiot post.

EU : No then

UK PM : OK, whatabout you give our plans a quick shifty over your glass of Merlot while you're watching Dutchenders this evening and then give us the nod they are OK ?

EU : Oh do fvck off !

Plooks, you really are a simpleton. I actually feel sorry for the intelligent remainers having you on their side. You're like that kid that ALWAYS gets picked last when deciding footie teams and seeing the team captain roll his eyes when he's realised he's lumbered with you. :lol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So let me get this right :

UK PM : Hi EU, we think the law about having to trigger Article 50 before any considerations is shit. Can it be changed ?

EU : Why on earth does that worry you ?

UK PM : Erm .... well .... keep this to yourselves but we're thinking of leaving.

EU : So what's in it for us to change the law ?

UK PM : Hmmm .... er ..... welll ..... ah, got it, it will satisfy our current holder of the Top Village Idiot post.

EU : No then

UK PM : OK, whatabout you give our plans a quick shifty over your glass of Merlot while you're watching Dutchenders this evening and then give us the nod they are OK ?

EU : Oh do fvck off !

Plooks, you really are a simpleton. I actually feel sorry for the intelligent remainers having you on their side. You're like that kid that ALWAYS gets picked last when deciding footie teams and seeing the team captain roll his eyes when he's realised he's lumbered with you. :lol:

Makes triggering article 50 when we did even more stupid.

We were no where near ready, at least get preparations for no deal underway before you trigger it?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
More links with Banks and Bannon surfacing. You’ve only got to look at the high profile leavers and who they are connected to in order to think something light by be quite right.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
These last couple of days I have heard a number of MPs and political commentators saying that 'no deal' isn't still an option in the timescales

Shirley not.

Someone really should break this to Two profs, Ppf, melias shoes, Baker lite, BigGully, Larus etc, etc (I have tried for the last year, but they won't believe me) :lolol:

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Makes triggering article 50 when we did even more stupid.

We were no where near ready, at least get preparations for no deal underway before you trigger it?

I don't disagree with you but Plooks idea that we could ask them to have a gander off record is just stupid in the extreme !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here