View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
529. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

368 69.57%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

161 30.43%
Page 4763 of 4763 FirstFirst ... 376342634663471347534760476147624763
Results 47,621 to 47,628 of 47628

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I quite liked ' desperate angst' haha. Theatrical much? Its good to see after the initial reports clearly suggested quite a lot of xenophobia, and racism connected with the vote, the Brexiteers 'Fall back position' is now, I was just against the EU bureaucracy.
    One Leave debater on here once suggested that the proof that no one voted Out for because of racism was an opinion poll that showed zero numbers of respondents citing 'Because I am a racist' as their reason for voting as they did. People with 'poor' reasons for voting out - xenophobia for example - will inevitably respectable-sounding ones.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln Imp View Post
      One thing that amuses me about Brexit supporters is the way they like to claim that people are calling them 'old, thick, right-wing, racist'. A good example above. Nowhere in the post being responded to did I remotely suggest any of these things. (I plead guilty to the charge that I think they are wrong.) Such comments don't represent my fall-back position or my final retort and just for the record I have gone through life with virtually no sense of entitlement at all.
      It's a long thread but as far as my clouded memory serves I don't think you ever have called any leaver those things. Indeed you tend to put up a decent argument. I think GT49er was being somewhat generic in his statement. If you happen to have a few hours to kill this afternoon I suggest you go back over some of the old posts in this thread and you'll see that in particular Clamp, Man of Sussex, HT, Mental Lenny and Plooks have used those insults directly - some of them on many occasions. On a number of occasions a rather vile name has also been used. I guess it just shows they believe they're losing the debate and can't prevent us leaving the EU
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."

1 Not allowed!
      I quite liked ' desperate angst' haha. Theatrical much? Its good to see after the initial reports clearly suggested quite a lot of xenophobia, and racism connected with the vote, the Brexiteers 'Fall back position' is now, I was just against the EU bureaucracy.
      Being against the EU bureaucracy is a good enough position for me.
      1) Annual cost of European Parliament = £1.3bn. ( Annual combined cost of Commons and Lords = £462m )
      2) Annual cost of MEP ( 754 ) = £1.79M ( Annual cost of MP = £590, 000 / Peer = £130,000 )
      3) MEP salary = £80k ( British MP = £66K )
      4) Over 4000 EU officials earning six figure salaries.
      5) Protectionism.( In particular Public Procurement ) Fraud and corruption abounds, costing the EU anything between 179bn Euro and 990bn Euro a year.( Results of study commissioned by European Parliament.....pretty narrow estimate! )
      6 ) Accountability. Cannot get a set of accounts signed off for years and years. The auditors realise the level of criminality involved and wash their hands of it.
      All this cost and there are no proper debates. No one can introduce a Private Members Bill. All they do is act as a rubber stamp for the unelected European Commission and its proposals. The present model is discredited. It is dedicated to ever closer union but has amassed power at the expense of member states and created dangerous levels of unemployment in its Southern members. Forget xenophobia and racism, this is the type of bureaucracy that I and millions of others can do without.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Yeah Millions now. Thats the point.
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      It's a long thread but as far as my clouded memory serves I don't think you ever have called any leaver those things. Indeed you tend to put up a decent argument. I think GT49er was being somewhat generic in his statement. If you happen to have a few hours to kill this afternoon I suggest you go back over some of the old posts in this thread and you'll see that in particular Clamp, Man of Sussex, HT, Mental Lenny and Plooks have used those insults directly - some of them on many occasions. On a number of occasions a rather vile name has also been used. I guess it just shows they believe they're losing the debate and can't prevent us leaving the EU
      I pop in to this thread from time to time to observe the great big food fight. One thing that I've noticed is that he will CONSTANTLY beat that particular drum. It's just another way of creating their own 'bloody metropolitan elite' shaped chip on shoulder.
      With all due respect we should be beating teams like Brighton.

1 Not allowed!
      Yeah Millions now. Thats the point.
      Ok...I will re-phrase it...." this is the type of bureaucracy that I can do without "
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mo Gosfield View Post
      Being against the EU bureaucracy is a good enough position for me.
      1) Annual cost of European Parliament = £1.3bn. ( Annual combined cost of Commons and Lords = £462m )
      2) Annual cost of MEP ( 754 ) = £1.79M ( Annual cost of MP = £590, 000 / Peer = £130,000 )
      3) MEP salary = £80k ( British MP = £66K )
      4) Over 4000 EU officials earning six figure salaries.
      5) Protectionism.( In particular Public Procurement ) Fraud and corruption abounds, costing the EU anything between 179bn Euro and 990bn Euro a year.( Results of study commissioned by European Parliament.....pretty narrow estimate! )
      6 ) Accountability. Cannot get a set of accounts signed off for years and years. The auditors realise the level of criminality involved and wash their hands of it.
      All this cost and there are no proper debates. No one can introduce a Private Members Bill. All they do is act as a rubber stamp for the unelected European Commission and its proposals. The present model is discredited. It is dedicated to ever closer union but has amassed power at the expense of member states and created dangerous levels of unemployment in its Southern members. Forget xenophobia and racism, this is the type of bureaucracy that I and millions of others can do without.
      Makes me sick looking at these figures. I don't know how any one can say this is value for money, yet every year they create new rules and more ways to extract money from member countries.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Appreciate that it's not just about money and that there are many flaws in the EU's internal structures. Notwithstanding this our GDP: $2.565 trillion (nominal; 2017). If leaving the EU loses us 0.1% of that then it pays for quite a few Eurocrats. And of course the Treasury's estimate put the forecast losses far, far higher than 0.1%.