Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
But then we all knew it would be a shambles and yet you lot still voted for it. You wanted britian the suffer this.

Go on then .... show me your post highlighting this 'fact' BEFORE the referendum.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah, because I am going to waste my life scrolling back through all this to find somthing. We knew, face it, you want Britain to burn.

So you claim you knew it but can't provide the evidence. OK Plooks, we believe you ..... not !

EDIT - and I don't want Britian to burn. I just see through the EU story that the only way we can thrive is being part of their corrupt club.To use your favourite word ..... you're delecting.

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So you claim you knew it but can't provide the evidence. OK Plooks, we believe you ..... not !

EDIT - and I don't want Britian to burn. I just see through the EU story that the only way we can thrive is being part of their corrupt club.

But to be fair, as you have openly said, you have no idea of how we would survive outside of the EU. I think your exact words were 'I'm not an economist, ask the experts'.

I did, and that may be one of the reasons I'm not sold on your plan?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
But to be fair, as you have openly said, you have no idea of how we would survive outside of the EU. I think your exact words were 'I'm not an economist, ask the experts'.

I did, and that may be one of the reasons I'm not sold on your plan?

I can't remember exactly what the question was you posed but it was very specific and sure as hell wasn't "how we would survive outside of the EU".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm not in a position to start a debate (think JRM for the last 2.5 years) but I believe that it was in answer to 'how long would it take us to recover economically from a no deal'

I can look it up tomorrow :thumbsup:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Ok. So, how much better will the UK do outside of the EU? Because all I am seeing right now is a load of uncertainty. How will the GDP and stabdards of living change over the next decade? How better off will the nhs be?

Even the experts can't predict those things with any accuracy for a year ahead let alone for a DECADE ! We will at least be able to spend the money we send the EU currently how we wish rather than it being passed to French farmers under CAP, Cyprus to piss up on unneeded roads schemes or for the EU to keep moving between it's two HQs.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Even the experts can't predict those things with any accuracy for a year ahead let alone for a DECADE ! We will at least be able to spend the money we send the EU currently how we wish rather than it being passed to French farmers under CAP, Cyprus to piss up on unneeded roads schemes or for the EU to keep moving between it's two HQs.

I think you will find that the vast majority of economic experts say that we won't recover from the impact of 'no deal' within 10 years and, possibly, far longer.

But, of course, you may know better and they may be employed by project fear.

I'm outta here, the pudding menu has turned up

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The one good thing about the Brexit events at the tail end of last week is that nothing else is going on in the world (apart from the tragic events in California)...I turn the radio on and its all about the big B ...I turn the box on to watch the news and its all about the same...amazing

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

But we get some not inconsiderable benefits for that money, to say that by not paying it we will be better off is too simplistic. Fair enough to criticise some of the expenditure, but in the blunt assessment of whether is what we pay worth it, it is irrelevant.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I love it that the Welsh leader blamed everyone apart from the turkeys who voted for Christmas!

Bloody hell. I guessed that sheep might have been enfrachised, but surely turkeys don't get a vote in Wales. Nobody believes that, do they? Well, OK, you're a leaver so..............

It's probably because of Brexit............................

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
If you start taking advice from a racist, sexist, homophobic climate change denier I think you know you are on the wrong side.

He's talking sense on Brexit though. That deal has got to fail. As she once said No Deal is better than a bad deal. That deal is useless. I'd rather have no deal.
Anyway who's taking g advice? I just read it. You should too.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
This. Abbott was the worst PM in Australian history, and there's some pretty stiff competition for that accolade. If you agree with Abbott on any subject you're probably wrong

Staggeringly, he says that the UK can exist outside the EU and survive on WTO rules alone, like Australia. I should find it amazing that a former Australian prime minister doesn't know that Australia is a member of TWO trading blocs - ASEAN and the Cairns Group, but nothing surprises me about Abbott; he makes David Davis look like Talleyrand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here