Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How does that stack up with "taking back control of our borders"?

No idea - feel free to find any post I've made with those words. It wasn't why I voted to leave ..... as I've indicated time and time and time and time again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No idea - feel free to find any post I've made with those words. It wasn't why I voted to leave ..... as I've indicated time and time and time and time again.

Who cares what you've said? Taking back control of our borders has been one of the mantras of Leave for the duration of Brexit, and for it to be suggested we might not choose to police those borders is therefore ludicrous.

It means that any crap from anywhere can enter the UK supply chain, avoiding quality controls, duty etc,

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
In the ERG plans the UK is going to maintain agricultural regulatory alignment post Brexit with the EU so that agricultural products are going to be able to freely move between NI and SI. However unless NI is going to be treated differently to the rest of the UK (cant see that going down well) then agricultural products are going to have to be able to freely move across every border.

Given Gove’s announcement today that the “farmers to see funding cut post-Brexit after Gove shakeup” this will likely mean that agricultural products will become increasingly cheaper in the EU and these cheaper products will be free to move into the UK.

Bad news for British farmers! :hilton:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
:lol:

41556922_1350984715033109_3351144805320097792_n.jpg

Jan 30, 2008
Who cares what you've said? Taking back control of our borders has been one of the mantras of Leave for the duration of Brexit, and for it to be suggested we might not choose to police those borders is therefore ludicrous.

It means that any crap from anywhere can enter the UK supply chain, avoiding quality controls, duty etc,

MIGHT, COULD, MAYBE, bore off zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
regards
DR

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
On the assumption that Chapper's post is correct then I find it disgusting. Live exports should be banned world wide. Strangely the EU hasn't banned them either. But then we're talking about an organisation too scared of Parmesan producers to ban the vile treatment of the cows used in the production. Or Fois Gras production because it would upset the French. Or that refused to ban fish discards until predominant British chefs put pressure on them. The EU are about as animal friendly as Saddam Hussein was to the Kurds.

Yet, the Prime Minister who dealt with this inhumanity is vilified as a war criminal!!!! Hypocrisy abounds???

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010

They just don't get it do they. I've wanted to leave the EU for as long as I can remember. I didn't need a campaign because once it was called it was done and dusted as far as I was concerned. Nothing to do with immigration or taking control of our borders. I just wanted out end of. Lock,stock and barrel as far as I'm concerned but looks like we're going to get that chequers deal.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yeah well done to our Tory MEP's for giving this wannabe dictator their vote today. SHAME ON THEM

The EU. Don't do as we say then you get punished. What sort of shit hole organisation is this. That is bullying a country on a massive scale.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The EU. Don't do as we say then you get punished. What sort of shit hole organisation is this. That is bullying a country on a massive scale.

Shutting down the press, violations of International human rights, compromising the judiciary. With values like this perhaps they should leave the EU, but hang on, they don't want to...

Even the Austrians didn't vote for them today, just far right wing parties and the Tories (yes we are that desperate)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's a vile organisation that's already destroyed Europe and virtually all the smaller countries have no hope of ever leaving it.They want to make it as hard as possible to leave and that really sums up the whole hideous EU project.
The sooner it crumbles the better for Europe !!

What has destroyed Europe in the past, has been the sort of Nationalism that you seem to espouse.

D

Deleted member 22389

Shutting down the press, violations of International human rights, compromising the judiciary. With values like this perhaps they should leave the EU, but hang on, they don't want to...

Even the Austrians didn't vote for them today, just far right wing parties and the Tories (yes we are that desperate)

Every country should be free to decide who they let in, true?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here