View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
626. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

440 70.29%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

186 29.71%
Page 6137 of 6768 FirstFirst ... 5137563760376087612761346135613661376138613961406147618762376637 ... LastLast
Results 61,361 to 61,370 of 67677
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I voted to leave primarily because of the insidious effects of CAP (judging by remarks on this thread, I stand alone among Leavers on here). Here's a good article explaining the problems with CAP and why the government has a great opportunity to put things right ... but probably won't.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ng-agriculture
    Would it not be better to push for a change in the CAP?
    Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Job opportunity for NSC Brexiteers! (Bloody hell, what is going on in this country??)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-disruption

And here's how to do the job properly

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3A1C&FORM=VIRE
      Guardian (i know, i know) live blog at the Brexit committee brought up an interesting issue regarding recruitment this morning, in it's interview with the NAO chief.

Morse says departments know they will have to recruit more staff to deal with Brexit, and in some cases quite a lot more people.

Will they be successful in getting qualified people? That’s another question, says Morse. He says a lot of other people are fishing in the same poll.

Morse suggests government departments could have difficulty hiring qualified staff to deal with Brexit.
      Also, and not that surprisingly, Grayling's department aren't ready

Morse says transport is inevitably going to be an area where, if there are risks that have not been addressed, “it will be highly visible and there will be very significant consequences”.

He says the Department for Transport is “quite confident” about getting everything done.

But he says he is worried they have “convinced themselves it is less risky than it actually is”.

Morse says Department for Transport is underestimating the risks of Brexit.
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CHAPPERS View Post
      Guardian (i know, i know) live blog at the Brexit committee brought up an interesting issue regarding recruitment this morning, in it's interview with the NAO chief.

Also, and not that surprisingly, Grayling's department aren't ready
      Just to show you that there's another anorak on the thread, the hearing is also being covered live on BBC Parliament channel!
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Garry Nelson's teacher View Post
      Job opportunity for NSC Brexiteers! (Bloody hell, what is going on in this country??)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...xit-disruption

And here's how to do the job properly

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...3A1C&FORM=VIRE
      That takes us close to Civil Contingencies Act territory - something I fully expect to shortly follow a *No Deal* March 2019.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      That takes us close to Civil Contingencies Act territory - something I fully expect to shortly follow a *No Deal* March 2019.
      All sounding rather sinister...…..
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      https://www.civilservicejobs.service...?jcode=1603914

Looks like a lovely civil service job ... read the job description in full
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      Heaven forbid ! You knew damn well he was talking about UK governments. Otherwise you could have quoted Putin as having a mandate with over 90% of the vote.

The idea that in a multi-party country using first past the post ( the US only really has two parties so of course there's a greater chance of the winner having 50% plus ) that any party would ever get 50% or more is utter fantasy. So the idea that you don't believe a government has a mandate until this point is .... well ..... stupid. Nothing would ever get done. For starters we wouldn't have the NHS.

It also shows you have no idea how our democracy works. Laws are passed by Parliament - not the government and not the people. To get a law through there has to be a 50% plus majority in the house. Just to remind you, all Brexit bills went through Parliament bar one, so there IS a mandate for what is happening. The hilarious part of it is that it was Gina Miller that ensured Parliament made the decision rather than the government. Of course you keep banging on about the vote only being about leaving, yet remainers have been at great pains to point out that the referendum was only consultative. The people WERE consulted and PARLIAMENT have decided what leave means ..... and passed the laws to carry it out.

I understand that a number of villages are now bidding on you !
      The current German government has around 66% of the vote, but carry on.
      aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch Westdene Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      The current German government has around 66% of the vote, but carry on.
      But not one single party ...... it's called coalition. Meaning no party in that coalition can necessarily implement their manifesto. I note you avoid entirely the point that in the UK Parliament implements law and always with at least a 50% majority ...... including all the acts for Brexit ..... but carry on.
      The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
      I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm."
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Westdene Seagull View Post
      But not one single party ...... it's called coalition. Meaning no party in that coalition can necessarily implement their manifesto. I note you avoid entirely the point that in the UK Parliament implements law and always with at least a 50% majority ...... including all the acts for Brexit ..... but carry on.
      What on earth is a 50% majority!? LOL! If you mean OVER 50% then also, no, this is not true. You only need over 50% of the seats in parliament, not over 50% of the vote being represented. VERY different. One is democratic, the other is pseudo-democracy.

0 Not allowed!
      And now the end is near....