Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 22389

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This was from 2007
https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/environment/picker-problems-at-strawberry-farms-1-78907

How about Europeans don't want to do the jobs either, because they can earn the same or money doing less strenuous work.

But if there's such 'grim European job news' I'd have thought they'd be swarming over here on their bikes looking for any work they could find like Norman Tebbit's Dad in the 1930s?

2007 though - That'd be when we had transitional arrangements on Romanians and Bulgarians and the quota for SAW visas had been reduced post A8 succession and was in a period of transition itself. Once those transitional arrangements were ended, along with SAW visas in 2014, there weren't too many problems. I'm sure the fall in Sterling, confusion over working rights in The UK and elements of the European media painting The UK as xenophobic #wouldhaveheppenedanyway over the last 2 years.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Except we, The UK, (just in case some of you forget where your loyalties lie) have said The EU`s backstop proposal which effectively keeps NI in The Customs Union and splits the UK with a border in the Irish sea is unacceptable, and yet here you all are supporting that split.
I believe in self determination, if Scotland choose to be independent via democratic means then so be it. The world moves forward increasingly with national groups seeking their own independence and self determination, the days of Empires are over even though the federalists wish and push for their own European Empire.
Dont fret
Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

Except we have agreed that there will be no hard border in Northern Ireland if nothing else is agreed, and the DUP won't have the idea of customs checks between N.I. and mainland UK. So in the absence of anything being agreed, it sounds very much to me like we are in the customs union and single market.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So apparently David Davis won't be resigning, the Brexiteers claim they've won on the backstop arrangement by having a hard date contained in it, but tomorrow when it's announced it'll be rejected by Dublin and The EU because of the hard date proposed. All going well then.

Except that there is no hard date in it, it just says it is temporary and is expected to end by December 2021. This is like any other Government target, likely to fail to be met.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Except that there is no hard date in it, it just says it is temporary and is expected to end by December 2021. This is like any other Government target, likely to fail to be met.

Correct. The speculation this morning before it was announced was there would be a hard date, hence David Davis agreeing with it. I see his opposite number has Tweeted a response to it all with rhetorical questions:

[tweet]1004706411874541568[/tweet]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

There is gonna be a lot of dead Brexiteers by the time we get anywhere near leaving the CU / SM

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Except we, The UK, (just in case some of you forget where your loyalties lie) have said The EU`s backstop proposal which effectively keeps NI in The Customs Union and splits the UK with a border in the Irish sea is unacceptable, and yet here you all are supporting that split.
I believe in self determination, if Scotland choose to be independent via democratic means then so be it. The world moves forward increasingly with national groups seeking their own independence and self determination, the days of Empires are over even though the federalists wish and push for their own European Empire.
Dont fret
Nothing is agreed until everything is agreed.

We've also agreed to pay the complete 'divorce' bill before we even find out whether we have a trading agreement :dunce:

Britain will be legally bound to pay its £39bn Brexit divorce bill before the details of a future EU trade deal are agreed, a minister has admitted.

Details https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-divorce-bill-uk-pay-eu-trade-deal-talks-david-davis-suella-braverman-a8364841.html

(Try using 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'Red, White and Blue Brexit' instead - much harder to pin down :thumbsup:)

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We've also agreed to pay the complete 'divorce' bill before we even find out whether we have a trading agreement :dunce:

Britain will be legally bound to pay its £39bn Brexit divorce bill before the details of a future EU trade deal are agreed, a minister has admitted.

Details https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-divorce-bill-uk-pay-eu-trade-deal-talks-david-davis-suella-braverman-a8364841.html

(Try using 'Brexit means Brexit' and 'Red, White and Blue Brexit' instead - much harder to pin down :thumbsup:)

:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brexit kicked even further down the road. It’s never going to happen is it?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Why don't you start a new thread, its highly relevant to you, but nothing to do with Brexit

If you don't think the struggles of German car manufacturers to have any sort of future sales because of their lies and arrogance has nothing to do with Brexit,then you are even dafter than I thought.If vehicle manufacturing and sales is so irrelevant,why do you keep harping on about British auto-manufacture?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As an aside, I was at the Philharmonie Berlin on Monday night; I thought of you :wink:

Well good for you,you culture-vulture.I'm afraid the thought wasn't reciprocated from my Irish themed bar,as the Fleetwood Mac tribute was far too good for distractions!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Well good for you,you culture-vulture.I'm afraid the thought wasn't reciprocated from my Irish themed bar,as the Fleetwood Mac tribute was far too good for distractions!

Classy

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If you don't think the struggles of German car manufacturers to have any sort of future sales because of their lies and arrogance has nothing to do with Brexit,then you are even dafter than I thought.If vehicle manufacturing and sales is so irrelevant,why do you keep harping on about British auto-manufacture?

You seem to be gloating about any negative news to do with German car manufacturers. I guess our weak consumer demand will have some influence

I'm just really concerned about the close to a million British people who are employed in a industrial of manufacturing cars on these shores. Its one of the great British manufacturing success stories of the modern era and I don't want to see it go belly up. If the Brexiteers got their way it would all been gone in a couple of years

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Unless I have missed it, has anybody seen Farage on TV lately, after today he may pop his mug up above the parapet but he seems to have gone into hiding, a sure sign that after cracking open the English Sparkling Wine, things are not going well.
Oh how I would love to see Farage and Cameron in a question and answer session.
Camerons disappearance since quitting as PM is a national disgrace a total w****** of a man and a hopeless PM.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Correct. The speculation this morning before it was announced was there would be a hard date, hence David Davis agreeing with it. I see his opposite number has Tweeted a response to it all with rhetorical questions:

[tweet]1004706411874541568[/tweet]

Difficult to see how UK proposal on customs aspects of IE/NI backstop will deliver a workable solution to avoid a hard border & respect integrity of the SM/CU. A backstop that is temporary is not a backstop, unless the definitive arrangement is the same as the backstop. #Brexit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here