Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We have a 7.6 billion market already AND a Single Market with the EU. We're managing to run a trading surplus with the USA as it is. Germany manages to trade internationally without bleating that being in the EU is an impediment to doing global deals.

Good grief are all remoaners on this thread as thick as pig sh*t? 'We' have an export trade policy overseen/vetoed by 27 other countries that all have a say prioritising their demands.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When the economy was doing quite well not so long ago leavers were crowing that nothing is changing despite Brexit in fact we are doing well, leavers said we haven't left yet.
So now that growth has more or less stalled, house prices are plummeting and retail is really struggling with more large companies in real trouble or gone.
So which way round do you want it.
Don't say we haven't left yet and don't blame the beast from the east.

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
Good grief are all remoaners on this thread as thick as pig sh*t? 'We' have an export trade policy overseen/vetoed by 27 other countries that all have a say prioritising their demands.

You may like the demands of China, India and America and the EU a lot less, especially as the UK will be in a desperate negotiating position

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Companies booking loads of flights a week for different people,no problem.People flying four or five times a week would surely run into insurance problems from the health risks,which have been well known since the mid-2000's

What on earth are you babbling on about? You’re not making any sense. Think I preferred it when you lied; at least we understood you then even if we didn’t believe you.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What on earth are you babbling on about? You’re not making any sense. Think I preferred it when you lied; at least we understood you then even if we didn’t believe you.

I’m going to set up an ambulance-chasing law firm and advertise to cabin crew who have been ruined by having to do their job.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

It's his way of saying "yeah, you're right but I'll have to contradict you somehow". He can't admit he got a comprehensive answer to his utterly ridiculous question and he didn't like it.

I found his "must be a very successful events company if they're running events every week" comment utterly moronic too. I mean, what sense does that comment even make? May as well say "they must have a very successful canned peach factory if they're canning peaches every week" or "That cinema must be very successful if they're showing films every week".

He's an idiot.

D

Deleted member 22389

When the economy was doing quite well not so long ago leavers were crowing that nothing is changing despite Brexit in fact we are doing well, leavers said we haven't left yet.
So now that growth has more or less stalled, house prices are plummeting and retail is really struggling with more large companies in real trouble or gone.
So which way round do you want it.
Don't say we haven't left yet and don't blame the beast from the east.

House prices plummeting, no their not. Housing prices have cooled a little, but generally they are still going up and people are still buying, haven't you seen the number of sold signs around. New house building is still going on as well as another 450 homes approved for Peacehaven, not that I like it.

Retail job losses, that's more to do with companies not being able to compete with the likes of Amazon, when was the last time you and other bought something from the high street?

This country is not going in to recession like many remainers like to make out. A recession is what I experienced in the 90's when all of sudden the housing market collapsed, people got thrown out of their houses, millions of people lost their jobs, that's not happening.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
House prices plummeting, no their not. Housing prices have cooled a little, but generally they are still going up and people are still buying, haven't you seen the number of sold signs around. New house building is still going on as well as another 450 homes approved for Peacehaven, not that I like it.

Retail job losses, that's more to do with companies not being able to compete with the likes of Amazon, when was the last time you and other bought something from the high street?

This country is not going in to recession like many remainers like to make out. A recession is what I experienced in the 90's when all of sudden the housing market collapsed, people got thrown out of their houses, millions of people lost their jobs, that's not happening.

An economy doesn't suddenly go into a recession. It happens over time and if you know what to look for you can see it coming. If you don't know what to look for it can seem sudden when it happens. It's happening.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I have noticed something: why don't the people who wabtes to leave the eu not just leave the eu? Go and live somewhere else. That way everyone is happy.

I like the idea of partition we we imposed upon the state of India all those who want to leave can go as far away from mainland Europe as possable while the areas closes to Mainland Europe can remain in the sunny uplands that is the EU

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Theresa May has split her cabinet into two groups to consider options for customs arrangements post-Brexit.
One group will consider a "customs partnership" whereby the UK would collect tariffs on behalf of the EU.
The other group will look at "maximum facilitation" - a solution based on using technology to minimise the need for customs checks after Brexit

Where in the referndum campaign were either of this options tabled I am pretty sure they were never mentioned

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's his way of saying "yeah, you're right but I'll have to contradict you somehow". He can't admit he got a comprehensive answer to his utterly ridiculous question and he didn't like it.

I found his "must be a very successful events company if they're running events every week" comment utterly moronic too. I mean, what sense does that comment even make? May as well say "they must have a very successful canned peach factory if they're canning peaches every week" or "That cinema must be very successful if they're showing films every week".

He's an idiot.

The canned peaches like made me chuckle.

:lolol:

As I said, he feels compelled to reply regardless....

Can someone politely PM him and tell him he can stop?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I have noticed something: why don't the people who wabtes to leave the eu not just leave the eu? Go and live somewhere else. That way everyone is happy.

Some warped logic there. So a MAJORITY of people voted to leaving the EU and it is them that should leave ? Idiot.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

A customs union has a trade creation aspect (internally) and a trade diversion aspect (externally). The evidence is that since we joined the EU the trade creation impact exceeded the trade diversion. To leave a customs union runs the risk (which most people who are not thick anticipate will be a probability) of a net sacrifice of trade. It is a certainty in the short term, and, as Keynes once put it, in the long run we are all dead.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Theresa May has split her cabinet into two groups to consider options for customs arrangements post-Brexit.
One group will consider a "customs partnership" whereby the UK would collect tariffs on behalf of the EU.
The other group will look at "maximum facilitation" - a solution based on using technology to minimise the need for customs checks after Brexit

Where in the referndum campaign were either of this options tabled I am pretty sure they were never mentioned

Yes we await with the outcome with interest if no great confidence. Just a point: I think the May's Cabinet was 'split into 2 groups' pretty much from Day One! She can fudge but ultimately one suspects the thin veneer of unity will be torn apart.

D

Deleted member 22389

I like the idea of partition we we imposed upon the state of India all those who want to leave can go as far away from mainland Europe as possable while the areas closes to Mainland Europe can remain in the sunny uplands that is the EU

How about you accept the EURO then and also open your borders at the same time, then see how quickly migration passes through the rest of EU straight in to the UK.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Some warped logic there. So a MAJORITY of people voted to leaving the EU and it is them that should leave ? Idiot.

17 million people are not a majority. Those who didn't vote either weren't eligible (my Dutch friend for example) or were happy enough to go with the flow.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
How about you accept the EURO then and also open your borders at the same time, then see how quickly migration passes through the rest of EU straight in to the UK.

? So migrants will walk to UK then. These migrants you are talking about, where are they from exactly and where have they learned to walk on water? As there has been no talk of the UK joining the Euro really, a bit of a daft point.

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I've asked lots of them and on here, which sort of Brexit they want. I've given them the options but they still don't give me the definitive answer. Even the Brexit MPs don't understand the difference with EEA, Shengen and other such nuances, nor can they supply answers to the Irisih border and Gibraltar.

As for handing powers to Brussels, they really don't understand how democracy works.

So come on Brexiteers Norway, Swiss, Canada, Hard Brexit, Soft Brexit, Customs Union, Free Movement etc etc. Please tell us your preferences.

The European Court of Justice is nothing to do with the EU. It was started in 1952, based in Luxembourg, and one of the signatories was Winston Churchill.

It seems some of you see the word European and have a hissy fit.

It is not the European Court of Human Rights.

If you're going to try and lecture people it would be of benefit if you actually got things right. As well you know, I was referring to the Court of Justice of the European Union and in particular in relation to citizens rights after withdrawal. As I'm sure you know this court is in no way connected to the ECHR. It seems some of you see the word court and get your brain in all of a muddle in your desperate bid to derail us leaving the EU.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
17 million people are not a majority. Those who didn't vote either weren't eligible (my Dutch friend for example) or were happy enough to go with the flow.

Desperate .... or just tediously baiting again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here