Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Isn't the EMA just a mickey-mouse local organisation that has to submit all information,along with national bodies,to the World Health Orgaisation.The WHO also does type-approval,and testing of new drugs as I understand it,and as we are a member no Wild West for pharmaceuticals could possibly exist.Or will the 'experts' on here tell us the WHO is just a waste of our money.
As I'm on the subject of wasting money,I see we have had to chip in over £1.5 billion to the European Development Fund to waste on the Commissioners vanity projects.If they want holidays abroad,why can't they pay for them?Oversight and inspection trips,my backside!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Are you suggesting, for your 1.5, that the UK simply accepts another body’s recommendation? Or have I misunderstood?

i'm saying its an option. it already happens to some degree, they dont re-run early stage trials for every drug if they've been conducted to a suitable standard elsewhere.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I doubt whether the government is as inept as you say, I suspect that there is an army of highly skilled civil servants that will unpick most regulation and deliver positive outcomes within time frames that don't adversely effect stuff.

I do agree that it is a valid position to challenge costs and implementation times if you think these exists, but that wasn't how HT instigated this debate.

Again, you are guessing about something you know nothing about and your suspicions are completely misplaced. We haven't recruited them yet as we don't know what they have to do yet as no decisions have been made. And you wouldn't want all that bureaucracy in place twiddling their thumbs wasting money, would you ?

Still, the Government will know what to do, won't they.

Tick, tock

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Isn't the EMA just a mickey-mouse local organisation that has to submit all information,along with national bodies,to the World Health Orgaisation.The WHO also does type-approval,and testing of new drugs as I understand it,and as we are a member no Wild West for pharmaceuticals could possibly exist.Or will the 'experts' on here tell us the WHO is just a waste of our money.

The WHO does neither of those things.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't be so hard on yourself ....

So let’s summrise your morning. You’ve waded into a debate with your usual bluster and calling it fake and scaremongering. You offer absolutely nothing to back up your thoughts. You offer no thought about alternatives. You don’t ask any questions or try to understand the issue. When pressed you say the government will sort it out. And finally you use a line even a 10 year old would deem immature.

Oh, and as for trusting the government to sort it out we could have some common ground here as the government ministers who know something about this are indeed pushing for a “soft”,-Brexit and a roll for the EMA....ie my number 1).....which turns your argument back on itself. So, remind me, what was your point?

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Brilliant - I didn't realise that we mirrored all the EU jobs with our own BRITISH team. You should have mentioned it earlier

Stupid! I said nothing about all. But there will be quite a lot of re-deployment that can be done.
I apologise for having a positive attitude, and while not for a minute denying there will be some difficulties I am looking to things that can be done, rather than endlessly bleating about doom, Armageddon and the end of civilisation as we know it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Stupid! I said nothing about all. But there will be quite a lot of re-deployment that can be done.
I apologise for having a positive attitude, and while not for a minute denying there will be some difficulties I am looking to things that can be done, rather than endlessly bleating about doom, Armageddon and the end of civilisation as we know it.

I'm not knocking your positive attitude, I'm knocking the fact that you are making assumptions about things of which you have no knowledge or experience. It's like letting BensGrandad choose the team for Monday :)

(And thanks for calling me stupid - very positive)

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
So let’s summrise your morning. You’ve waded into a debate with your usual bluster and calling it fake and scaremongering. You offer absolutely nothing to back up your thoughts. You offer no thought about alternatives. You don’t ask any questions or try to understand the issue. When pressed you say the government will sort it out. And finally you use a line even a 10 year old would deem immature.

Perhaps, but it riled you ;)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm not knocking your positive attitude, I'm knocking the fact that you are making assumptions about things of which you have no knowledge or experience. It's like letting BensGrandad choose the team for Monday :)

(And thanks for calling me stupid - very positive)

Your assumption that I was saying all could be achieved by re-deployment was what I was calling stupid. And actually, your assumption that I have no knowledge is a pretty dumb assumption too. As for experience, please provide us all with a list of people with experience of leaving the EU. Good luck with that!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The WHO does neither of those things.

I bow to your superior knowledge,but they seem to be the final authority,so who needs the EMA?

who.jpg

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I find it odd that you claim nobody has been abused for having an ITALIAN mother-how did you manage to choose that particular nationality?Why someone should specifically target medical drugs for cancer,knowing a fellow poster has it,if not intending to cause distress,to the extent of continuing after they had that information again.Groovy gang at their worst again.

The only recent comments on a posters family member were in reference to someone having an Italian mother, you claimed abuse about a family member, I could see none. If I missed something, please quote the offending post.
We all have people we love who are affected by Cancer, we are all entitled to a view on the effects that Brexit could have on future treatment for this, and other medical issues.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Your assumption that I was saying all could be achieved by re-deployment was what I was calling stupid. And actually, your assumption that I have no knowledge is a pretty dumb assumption too. As for experience, please provide us all with a list of people with experience of leaving the EU. Good luck with that!

Nobody has experience of leaving the EU. However, I am one of probably many thousands (or possibly 10s of thousands) who have experience of implementing large scale projects with Large Corporates and Government departments. From that experience I can say with a high level of confidence that we will not leave the EU on 29/3/19 and probably not on 29/3/21 (If the EU grant us a further 2 years membership we have asked for). The fact that you believe this is going to happen is what leads me to believe you have little or no knowledge of this area.

We may well change the name of what we have but we will still be paying membership fees and having member benefits and shirley no one is naive enough to fall for that, are they :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Nobody has experience of leaving the EU. However, I am one of probably many thousands (or possibly 10s of thousands) who have experience of implementing large scale projects with Large Corporates and Government departments. From that experience I can say with a high level of confidence that we will not leave the EU on 29/3/19 and probably not on 29/3/21 (If the EU grant us a further 2 years membership we have asked for). The fact that you believe this is going to happen is what leads me to believe you have little or no knowledge of this area.

We may well change the name of what we have but we will still be paying membership fees and having member benefits and shirley no one is naive enough to fall for that, are they :lolol:

I think for some, a transitional arrangement is preferable to retained membership, even if everything remained the same, just because it would mean cancelling the exit was no longer an option. It could mean we pay full fees without the rebate for two years though, extending membership might be cheaper.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Asking Two Professors for the Source for his jpeg 'facts'.

Is there an echo in here .... in here... in here ... :lolol:

I think any person with a single brain cell will realise the WHO are not the last line in authority for the entire world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here