Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly, I think this is the result of certain people finally realising that they are not going to get what they were promised and being incapable of understanding the reasons why.

You see it quite a bit on this thread.

I wonder who could possibly be responsible for promising them a completely undeliverable fantasy in the first place :shrug:

Cameron and Osborne ???

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
But what is the point of the comment? Why should an elected MP simply follow the people's vote if s/he profoundly believes that it is not in the constituents' interests.... It is a tricky call but surely we want our MPs not simply to do our will but to do what they sincerely think will be best for us? Taking the alternative to its logical extreme, we are left with populist politics.

Hmm, now I think you posted a comment earlier concerning the importance of politicians “leading” their constituents and not following them?

You know JC was tragically murdered BEFORE the referendum?

In this context it is entirely reasonable that in any debate relating to Brexit that it’s a fact that her constituents did not vote remain as JC passionately advocated. It may be a somewhat grim fact, however it is entirely relevant, unless of course you advocate censorship?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Did Anna Soubry manufacture the scene today too? You know, where they chanted that she was a Nazi and then followed her down the road.

Just seen it on the BBC website. Agree that's wrong not sure any laws broken though. I think anybody who's dared to support leave has been called that so not sure why they are saying it to Sourbry she's the last person you could accuse.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It’s not how I feel it’s how I think, there is a difference.

What are by the way are the positives concerning Jo Cox’s death?

I can’t think of any, help me out?

You don't want help. Your comment was heartless.
I used the word positive for the way forward from the referendum not a positive from a far right murder.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
You don't want help. Your comment was heartless.
I used the word positive for the way forward from the referendum not a positive from a far right murder.

Specifically what comment........feels like we are moving through the gears here, 1) strange, 2) unpleasant, 3) heartless.......what next?

As for positivity, are you sure you are on the right thread.......of course I’m the bad guy, an outlier of doom and woe on an otherwise uplifting thread absolutely soaking wet with contributions of joy and hope.

I like you, you’re funny.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Dominic Cummings is not the messiah, he is a very naughty............ ****ing ********

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Or maybe he was there for the reaction he got. He was in the 'situation like this' because that was probably his intention. Owen Jones put himself in that situation for maximum affect.
What was their purpose for being there? Probably the same reason that remainers have been there since day 1.
If you bother to do a bit of research on this group they appear to the usual far right nut jobs. They've only just become interested in Brexit and have very oddly adopted the uniform of fuel price protestors in France.

Original they are not.

Obviously not very bright calling that MP of all MPs a "nazi" and going after Owen Jones who can't be described as a strong supporter of remaining in Europe at all.

He's a supporter of Corbyn who hate the EU as much as Rees Mogg.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Can someone let me know if today's a day for Brexiters to complain about being called a bunch of xenophobic thugs, or a day for Brexiters to defend a bunch of xenophobic thugs? It's difficult to keep up. Gets confusing.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Owen Jones? So what. He puts himself in the firing line. Going on twitter with his swivel eyed left wing views blocking anyone that slightly disagrees with him.

As I've said I haven't a twitter account and have no idea as what was said. I wouldn't subscribe to that rubbish ever.

Sounds like you do know a bit about Twitter to me.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Fact de jour...

Dover Port

1993 - 2750 lorry movements per day 2000 customs officers

2018 - 12500 lorry movements per day 200 customs officers

How long does it take to train a customs officer?

Come on people, we just need to believe more.....

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't think there are generally many laughs generated by Brexit, but an exception has to be watching Liam 'the easiest deal in history' Fox trying to squirm his way through the most god-awful mess in recent history and a god-awful mess that he did more than his fair share to create. Priceless*.

*although of course we'll all be paying the price for many years to come

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't think there are generally many laughs generated by Brexit, but an exception has to be watching Liam 'the easiest deal in history' Fox trying to squirm his way through the most god-awful mess in recent history and a god-awful mess that he did more than his fair share to create. Priceless*.

*although of course we'll all be paying the price for many years to come

He needs to return to his career as a GP, a complete waste of space....

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
No she's not. They voted to leave in her constituency. She should stand by that result.

This is neither a moral imperative nor a constitutional one. Edmund Burke (conservative political philosopher) established that MPs are not delegates but have a higher duty to consider the overall public interest beyond that of their constituents. When an MP uses the 'my constituents voted for X so I am supporting it' line they are usually being disingenuous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here