Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really, you don't acknowledge that your post were posted as events that were happening at the time, not projections, I have more ?

You have more? well, why don't you astonish me shitface?

Or better yet, stop the diversion tactics and answer the question that was put to you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So if you want to stick to BoE figures to discuss then I am more than happy, there are always challenges in any economy very rarely do the planets align for perfect performance, not even in Gemany but just take a minute to look at what YOU and you mate The Clamp have posted and then give me an actual BoE figure or statement that supports those post, it's called credibility and you guy's have none, zilch, nada, zip.

Herr Tubthumper:

The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising
The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly.
Do you really and genuinely think the current chaos of the U.K. economy is merely some re-adjustment
Britain on the brink.
The German economy continues to expand at a robust pace and research team at BNP Paribas expects GDP to grow by 1.8% during 2016." (good enough for Germany not good enough for the UK)

The Clamp, too many to mention.

Experts are predicting a recession.That was my simple, succinct point. (I love this one)
Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.
Our economy is crashing
There'll be a huge crash and people will lose homes, cars, marriages and livelihoods
I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed

You forgot to mention my prediction Germany would win the 2014 World Cup.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Or better yet, stop the diversion tactics and answer the question that was put to you.

Don’t bother. Even if you asked him what he wants for breakfast he’ll only answer with his stock response about inflation and unemployment :lolol:

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You have more? well, why don't you astonish me shitface?

Why do you get so tetchy, the question was answered and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] seems to have admitted that we have growth and he has reluctantly acknowledged this but has posted up some more data trying to disqualify the positives, that to me seems quite reasonable if he lends the same scrutiny to Germany's, France's and say the Spanish economies too.

However this is totally out of character for HT his usual dirge of flawed and bias rhetoric towards the UK economy has been nearly his only response to anything relating to the UK economy, just take a look at his posts, although you will find them utterly accurate :lolol:

That's the point really.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Why do you get so tetchy, the question was answered and [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] seems to have admitted that we have growth and he has reluctantly acknowledged this but has posted up some more data trying to disqualify the positives, that to me seems quite reasonable if he lends the same scrutiny to Germany's, France's and say the Spanish economies too.

However this is totally out of character for HT his usual dirge of flawed and bias rhetoric towards the UK economy has been nearly his only response to anything relating to the UK economy, just take a look at his posts.

That's the point really.

I see.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
So if you want to stick to BoE figures to discuss then I am more than happy, there are always challenges in any economy very rarely do the planets align for perfect performance, not even in Gemany but just take a minute to look at what YOU and you mate The Clamp have posted and then give me an actual BoE figure or statement that supports those post, it's called credibility and you guy's have none, zilch, nada, zip.

Herr Tubthumper:

The U.K. economy is tanking, the pound is collapsing, unemployment rising
The way the country is collapsing around your ears you'll all be living in 3rd world conditions very shortly.
Do you really and genuinely think the current chaos of the U.K. economy is merely some re-adjustment
Britain on the brink.
The German economy continues to expand at a robust pace and research team at BNP Paribas expects GDP to grow by 1.8% during 2016." (good enough for Germany not good enough for the UK)

The Clamp, too many to mention.

Experts are predicting a recession.That was my simple, succinct point. (I love this one)
Financial experts admit they thought it would happen quicker but they also all agree it is happening. Undeniably.
Our economy is crashing
There'll be a huge crash and people will lose homes, cars, marriages and livelihoods
I wouldn't be surprised if article 50 never gets filed

If we deleted every post from this thread that contained exaggeration, failed prediction, or hyperbole, it would run to about ten pages, and I doubt those pages would be filled with Big Gully comments.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This was discussed and if this is then deemed as legit leaked paper then perhaps it's worth further discussion but you asked what was going right which was countered by what exactly is going badly and you post a graph for 15 years into the future, it was only leaked a couple of weeks ago, if it is the economic implications that concern you hasn't the lack of overall economic trauma shown that this might not ever happen.

Was it a bit too 'facty' for you. Do you prefer feelings and opinions?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Was it a bit too 'facty' for you. Do you prefer feelings and opinions?

No I really really like facts, probably why I am a little wary of projections, did you know with the power and resources of the Bank of England they had to change their November 2017 prediction of GDP Growth for the UK in January 2018, so even with the absurdity of a 15 years projection which was only leaked a couple of weeks ago why would you deem yourself a 'facty' type of person against anyone else, your view is just as driven by opinion and feelings as anyone else.

Jan 30, 2008
So you will trust the government over brexit unless it forecasts something that doesn't fit your narrative? I see.

Anyway, answer the question. What's going positively well with Brexit?
the fact that we're still leaving the EU which seem to be a problem for you GRIZZLERS to grasp, it's about time you realised that and stopped torturing yourself over it, in years to come people will wonder what all the fuss was about ,THEY REALLY WILL!!!
regards
DR

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If we deleted every post from this thread that contained exaggeration, failed prediction, or hyperbole, it would run to about ten pages, and I doubt those pages would be filled with Big Gully comments.

No it wouldn't, feel free to do your worse, I am sure a few of you are doing it now, but I am not really 'anti' anything in particular so I am less likely to be so driven by political dogma.

Your guy's previous posts can be great reading but you carry on as if everything you have ever posted came true and your future projections deserve applause (as long as it's negative) , it's quite funny, take you for instance only last weeks you claimed the UK's economy was broken, seemed harsh to me but you countered 'compared' to say France, so I posted growth figures for both and it didnt seem to suggest that at all, you never replied and I doubt you think any differently anyway it's your 'anti' Brexit Eurotunnel vision, see what I did there.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
the fact that we're still leaving the EU which seem to be a problem for you GRIZZLERS to grasp, it's about time you realised that and stopped torturing yourself over it, in years to come people will wonder what all the fuss was about ,THEY REALLY WILL!!!
regards
DR

We are just waiting for the Tories plan for Brexit. Then we can decide which level of private health cover to take out.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
No it wouldn't, feel free to do your worse, I am sure a few of you are doing it now, but I am not really 'anti' anything in particular so I am less likely to be so driven by political dogma.

Your guy's previous posts can be great reading but you carry on as if everything you have ever posted came true and your future projections deserve applause (as long as it's negative) , it's quite funny, take you for instance only last weeks you claimed the UK's economy was broken, seemed harsh to me but you countered 'compared' to say France, so I posted growth figures for both and it didnt seem to suggest that at all, you never replied and I doubt you think any differently anyway it's your 'anti' Brexit Eurotunnel vision, see what I did there.

On this subject, do you have any future projections to show the upside to Brexit? Just to provide some balance.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Do you mean exclusively economic or a personal political preference or both, theres loads for both of us.

I guess anything, that affects at least a large minority of the population... in a measurable positive way.

Jan 30, 2008
On this subject, do you have any future projections to show the upside to Brexit? Just to provide some balance.
you're implying that the world will end when we leave when in fact you're just another grizzler , as I said you'll wonder what all the fuss was about, stop putting this country down :nono:
regards
DR

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
you're implying that the world will end when we leave when in fact you're just another grizzler , as I said you'll wonder what all the fuss was about, stop putting this country down :nono:
regards
DR

So it's a 'no' from you then?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here