Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m still here. Out of interest ( genuine question ) what do you actually think the final outcome/deal will look like. Do you think we will be in or out or something in between?

When you voted Brexit did you want immigration control or parliamentary sovereignty?

Sorry, In answer to your question, I thought it would be the softest of soft Brexits, or a withdrawal of article 50 and still do.

I can't imagine that anyone would really go for a no deal WTO exit. (Ppf isn't real)

There's no doubt what the EU would prefer. Single market, no borders, full payment with no reductions and full alignment to regulations with no concessions or input to regulations. Sadly, that's where I think we're heading.

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Thanks for entering into a debate without insulting people but I'm afraid that IMHO you are so out of touch with political reality that I don't believe any further discussion is worthwhile for either of us.

If people raise a serious point I'm happy to discuss it if they want to troll/point score or woefully misinterpret where we are/go around calling others stupid when they clearly don't understand the basics then they get an appropriate response.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I’m still here. Out of interest ( genuine question ) what do you actually think the final outcome/deal will look like. Do you think we will be in or out or something in between?

I answered your question so I'll try again.

Why did you vote Brexit ?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If people raise a serious point I'm happy to discuss it if they want to troll/point score or woefully misinterpret where we are/go around calling others stupid when they clearly don't understand the basics then they get an appropriate response.

All I will say is that if you believe a hard border between NI and the rest of Britain would work, why do you think TM didn't go for that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
See my response to HT it's not a hard border currently and wouldn't have to be after we leave.

I believe what you are suggesting is the very essence of a hard border, however we'll agree to disagree on the naming of it.

If this was possible why didn't TM go for this instead of no borders and all the EU legislative issues associated with it?

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I believe what you are suggesting is the very essence of a hard border, however we'll agree to disagree on the naming of it.

If this was possible why didn't TM go for this instead of no borders and all the EU legislative issues associated with it?

No harder than we have now. Checks happen today, did yesterday, did last month and did last year. You keep saying/implying we have agreed to no borders, full alignment/legislative compliance while ignoring the fact we have had a long standing free travel agreement with Ireland(pre dating the EC/EU) and the alignment specifically relates to NI and the peace deal. From what I have read and seen this covers twelve areas and only two major ones, energy and agriculture.The phrase legislative compliance is made up/your own.

:shrug:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
In order to proceed to trade negotiations we have agreed to no borders and compliance with all EU legislation.

You (and others) have been arguing on here that the agreement wasn't legally binding and was only a statement of intent. I think otherwise.

You now think that you have a solution to the NI/Ireland border problem that the government has missed. I think otherwise.

Maybe you know something that we have all missed.

We will find out one way or another over the next few months :)

Jan 30, 2008
In order to proceed to trade negotiations we have agreed to no borders and compliance with all EU legislation.

You (and others) have been arguing on here that the agreement wasn't legally binding and was only a statement of intent. I think otherwise.

You now think that you have a solution to the NI/Ireland border problem that the government has missed. I think otherwise.

even nearer to leaving the EU ,can't complain can we :laugh:
regards
DR

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
You mob keep saying it's "dangerous" to disregard the vote? What will happen? You didn't seem to do much about getting out of the EU before Wavey Davey held a sham referendum in a bid to stay in power, accidentally giving brief decision making power to the ill informed public (on both sides). So please, serious question: So why is it dangerous?

See link below.

Brexit really is bringing out the worse in the UK. Cameron opened a real pandoras box

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ling-for-her-to-be-hanged-as-a-traitor-brexit

It's certainly brought out the worst in you.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Well the EU are going to insist phase one is legally binding so sure that reduces opportunities for deviation. It hard to see anything but a soft and probably long drawn out Brexit,

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

The highlighted red section is just your interpretation and not factual imo.

I agree with your last sentence we will find out in the next 12/18 months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here