Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
"A fair deal for the British tax payers, it means that in future we will be able to invest more in our priorities at home such as housing, school and our NHS" :thumbsup:

She says a lot of things that don't come to pass.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
first the budget for 2019-2020 would have been paid anyway as pre-existing obligations. same applies to pensions (and it highlights they are running unfunded pensions, which no one seems to care about). the other liabilities beyond the established budget are, we are told by the EU, for projects not yet paid for (?!?) or committed to which have not yet been begun or completed, part of the expected future budget (which will rise in the 2020). there's also some provisions against load guarantees and ECB or some such. we do not gain the benefits of projects to build infrastructure in Portugal or Bulgaria, other than the warm fussiness of helping raise the standards of Europeans. if those projects are in the UK, we'll still get those grants and payments. so there's no "penatly", unless they try to get us to pay for projects way off in the future after we've gone, which they dont appear to be doing.

This is the same for UK public sector employees, and state pension. The major part of the reason we need a ton of migrants working in the UK.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Still no sign of Mr Rees-Mogg today. Still, his super bestie is raging......................................

[tweet]939153868994125824[/tweet]

Just distancing himself from the result, he knows we won't do the type of Brexit he has been advocating lately, and that whatever we do will not be as rewarding as membership, so now he pretends he never advocated becoming a Norway type non member in any way.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Perhaps you were a very good little boy and never let alcohol touch your lips till you were 18,or maybe you are just plain thick.Plenty of schoolboys went to the pub,even with the seniors and teachers.Do you understand now?Probably not,but at least I have made the attempt.

I think I would rather admit to being a bullshitter, than plying teenage boys with drinks, your choice though.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I reckon it will be the Norway model.

Just distancing himself from the result, he knows we won't do the type of Brexit he has been advocating lately, and that whatever we do will not be as rewarding as membership, so now he pretends he never advocated becoming a Norway type non member in any way.

Where are you chaps getting your interpretation information from that is suggesting fridays agreement must be a Norway model?

Top EU geezer M Barnier`s understanding in his press conference after the agreement is the only option left is a free trade model such as Canada, you know that same thing us leavers have been prattling on about for ever, out of the EU and a bespoke free trade agreement.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The future free trade agreement between the European Union and Britain will have to be along the same lines as the one the EU has with Canada, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiation Michel Barnier said on Friday.

Barnier said that there was no other option, given Britain’s terms for a future relationship with the EU, after it leaves the bloc in 2019. Britain does not want to be part of the EU’s single market, customs union or be subject to rulings by the European Court of Justice.
“If you take that - what are you left with? Just one thing: a free trade agreement on the Canadian model,” Barnier told a news conference.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...britains-terms-eus-barnier-idUSKBN1E218W?il=0

If M Barnier recognises we are out of the single market, out of the customs union,free of the ECJ and obviously able because of that to end free movement how is it you are being informed after all this time that the Norway model is still realistic?
I rather think he has a better grasp on this than some of you.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yes plenty of the media along with you were guilty of race baiting and frothing at the bit, loads of conjecture before the facts on what was a sensitive issue murder. You may well be comfortable with race-baiting because you were not alone and well hey others were doing it as well anyway, so that`s ok then. Personally I would never want to be comfortable being a c### like that.
Sums you up really.

Rather a **** than a wanker

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think I would rather admit to being a bullshitter, than plying teenage boys with drinks, your choice though.

:lolol:

He was quiet last night; probably having dinner with Pele and Franz Beckenbauer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Where are you chaps getting your interpretation information from that is suggesting fridays agreement must be a Norway model?

Top EU geezer M Barnier`s understanding in his press conference after the agreement is the only option left is a free trade model such as Canada, you know that same thing us leavers have been prattling on about for ever, out of the EU and a bespoke free trade agreement.

BRUSSELS (Reuters) - The future free trade agreement between the European Union and Britain will have to be along the same lines as the one the EU has with Canada, the EU’s chief Brexit negotiation Michel Barnier said on Friday.

Barnier said that there was no other option, given Britain’s terms for a future relationship with the EU, after it leaves the bloc in 2019. Britain does not want to be part of the EU’s single market, customs union or be subject to rulings by the European Court of Justice.
“If you take that - what are you left with? Just one thing: a free trade agreement on the Canadian model,” Barnier told a news conference.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...britains-terms-eus-barnier-idUSKBN1E218W?il=0

If M Barnier recognises we are out of the single market, out of the customs union,free of the ECJ and obviously able because of that to end free movement how is it you are being informed after all this time that the Norway model is still realistic?

You don’t trust anything the EU say do you?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The French sticking the boot in ..,

From Liberation

" ....Juncker and Barnier had the decency to show the utmost diplomacy to a country that ended up on its knees at the end of the first stage of the negotiations ..."

Ouch

Maybe a bit upset that the gravy train might be a little dry in years come. I think I know who's the winner here and it's not France or Germany who will have to foot a much bigger bill in the future to keep the dreams alive

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You don't think that in the middle of negotiations, he may be thinking ahead and taking a negotiating position. You know, instead of kicking every issue into the long grass and then looking surprised when it comes back and bites us on the arse. I mean this NI one was right out of the blue wasn't it :facepalm:

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Maybe a bit upset that the gravy train might be a little dry in years come. I think I know who's the winner here and it's not France or Germany who will have to foot a much bigger bill in the future to keep the dreams alive

We’ve got loadsa money :lolol:

We bailed out the DDR and Greece. Covering the UK won’t be an issue.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It's been obvious most don't know what they're talking about for about 18 months :lolol: After spending endless months forecasting imminent doom, cliff edges, grounded planes, recession, future generations lives ruined, shroud waving about cancer I suppose now telling fibs about staying in the single market/cutoms union and the Norway model is to be expected.'Hard' Brexit would be terrible now they are saying this is 'Soft Brexit which is also terrible, May couldn't get the deal/no agreement to move on = diaster, shambles etc, May does get a deal = disaster, shambles etc.

There has been a lot of fudging of issues to get to the next phase. 'The Uk will maintain full alignment' being a case in point. As the (pro Remain) Times points out ... 'is important to note that the word “alignment” does not carry legal weight in European law so it is essentially a political fix that is unenforceable.'

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's been obvious most don't know what they're talking about for about 18 months :lolol: After spending endless months forecasting imminent doom, cliff edges, grounded planes, recession, future generations lives ruined, shroud waving about cancer I suppose now telling fibs about staying in the single market/cutoms union and the Norway model is to be expected.'Hard' Brexit would be terrible now they are saying this is 'Soft Brexit which is also terrible, May couldn't get the deal/no agreement to move on = diaster, shambles etc, May does get a deal = disaster, shambles etc.

There has been a lot of fudging of issues to get to the next phase. 'The Uk will maintain full alignment' being a case in point. As the (pro Remain) Times points out ... 'is important to note that the word “alignment” does not carry legal weight in European law so it is essentially a political fix that is unenforceable.'

Ever considered a career as Minister for Information ? You're wasted on here :lolol:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Those pesky dreams like peace (tick) and greater prosperity (tick). They can have them eh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here