Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Of course it will be disregarded, We have had a vote,remain did not get as many votes as Leave, what is so difficult to understand?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only a fool would dismiss 700,000 people giving up a whole day to demonstrate their opposition to a government policy.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You've answered a question with a different question. You stated remainers were still in a minority. If so the result won't change but the circumstances surrounding Brexit now all but demand it. Are you saying the 2017 General Election shouldn't have taken place because the 2015 one was perfectly adequate. At which point does a democratic vote become binding for all time?

I would say if you have a democratic vote, you should implement the outcome. A government was formed in accordance with the outcome of the 2015 election. The 2017 election was within the powers of the elected party. Them's the rules. With the Brexit vote, again I would say we should implement the outcome. Otherwise why did we bother having the referendum at all. It has become like the Scottish separation vote whereby Salmond and then Sturgeon continue to want to fly in the face of the majority who do not want independence by demanding referendum after referendum in the hope of getting a different result. It's done. The Remainers lost. We should all be putting everything in to 'fighting' the EU for the best deal we can rather than bickering between ourselves over whether or not to even accept the outcome.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I would say if you have a democratic vote, you should implement the outcome. A government was formed in accordance with the outcome of the 2015 election. The 2017 election was within the powers of the elected party. Them's the rules. With the Brexit vote, again I would say we should implement the outcome. Otherwise why did we bother having the referendum at all. It has become like the Scottish separation vote whereby Salmond and then Sturgeon continue to want to fly in the face of the majority who do not want independence by demanding referendum after referendum in the hope of getting a different result. It's done. The Remainers lost. We should all be putting everything in to 'fighting' the EU for the best deal we can rather than bickering between ourselves over whether or not to even accept the outcome.

You carry on with this sort of talk you’ll be outed as an uneducated, swivel eyed racist.
Be off with you..

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

So what should we be implementing - Chequers - - (probably with continuing membership of the CU by the time negotiations are complete) or WTO 'no deal' ?

Vastly differing outcomes with hugely differing impacts. Which was it that was voted for ? Or do we do whatever TM wants as her government were democratically elected to implement whatever they decide ? Otherwise why do we bother voting at all ?

Last edited:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Not sure why people are moaning about people's right to march against something they don't want. Brexiters can march as well can't they?

Are people against free speech or worried that they would lose a second vote?

Surely the 17 Million who voted for it as opposed to to the 16 Million people who voted against (who no one cares about because they LOST) will would vote it through again? :shrug:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Also we do play Newcastle twice a season though the players, crowd, venue, time of year and conditions- you may think of these as circumstances- change every time. As does the result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is getting a bit silly, but actually we play them once and the result stands. The points are awarded and cannot be changed. The second match of the season obviously stands in it's own right and will never change the points outcome of the first, so the points won in each match never changes after the event, They are set in stone and recorded forever.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

And this is why this is always going to be a circular argument. The question being asked was far too simple and is therefore not being implemented by May. Where was the bit about the Northern Ireland border or if people would still leave if it meant economic disaster. We know now that many claims on both sides were just plain false. But at least the post above makes more sense than your last effort. You still dodged the question though. I’ll capitalise and slightly rephrase it.

SINCE YOU BELIEVE REMAINERS ARE STILL IN THE MINORITY the original decision will still be implemented so where is the harm in just checking again, now that we know that stuff on the bus was bollocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Just back from the People's March in London, great atmosphere and well spirited throughout with people of all ages and all political parties. Not sure if it will make any difference but I had to show my kids and I care about their future.

Also great to have pictures going around the world putting Britain in a positive light, so much damage done by this completely incompetent government

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Not sure why people are moaning about people's right to march against something they don't want. Brexiters can march as well can't they?

Are people against free speech or worried that they would lose a second vote?

Surely the 17 Million who voted for it as opposed to to the 16 Million people who voted against (who no one cares about because they LOST) will would vote it through again? :shrug:

I’m certainly not moaning, people are fully entitled to waste their time as they see fit, people who voted to leave have no real need to have a march as they already have their desired result.what it does demonstrate though is that an awful lot of people have absolutely no regard for democracy and they simply want to keep voting until they get their way.
Not going to happen,

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You carry on with this sort of talk you’ll be outed as an uneducated, swivel eyed racist.
Be off with you..

I'll have you know I went to Varndean when it was a grammar school and I took no part in calling the Spanish boy in my class any rude names!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’m certainly not moaning, people are fully entitled to waste their time as they see fit, people who voted to leave have no real need to have a march as they already have their desired result.what it does demonstrate though is that an awful lot of people have absolutely no regard for democracy and they simply want to keep voting until they get their way.
Not going to happen,

Your Brexit arrogance is one of the reasons people marched today.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not going to happen,

If you support democracy so much, then a vote on the deal with an option to Remain, shouldn't worry one bit. After all, Leave won didn't it?
Have you any good reason as to why Leave wouldn't win again? You'd also get a chance to vote on the Chequers deal or no deal.
A three way voting slip. Marvellous scenes.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
If you support democracy so much, then a vote on the deal with an option to Remain, shouldn't worry one bit. After all, Leave won didn't it?
Have you any good reason as to why Leave wouldn't win again? You'd also get a chance to vote on the Chequers deal or no deal.

Remain cannot be an option, we are leaving the European Union.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton

And you honestly think your little dig about democracy is in no way totally hypocritical then?
A democratic vote has taken place and and leave won...end of!
You laughably try and argue that because you don't like the result any effort to derail the original result is 'Democratic' because you think your moral horse is higher?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And you honestly think your little dig about democracy is in no way totally hypocritical then?
A democratic vote has taken place and and leave won...end of!
You laughably try and argue that because you don't like the result any effort to derail the original result is 'Democratic' because you think your moral horse is higher?

It is high, and very high.

Vote Leave broke the law. That is an established fact. Lies were told and then laughed off as we didn't really mean it.

I have a great big moral high horse. Well said.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Perhaps we should play Newcastle again, now they are better informed how we play. Or despite Rafa's comments that they were the better team, they should just accept the result. Unfortunately for the Remainers, you snooze, you lose.

It isn't a sport mate. If you want to use that analogy we should have a home and away referendum every year.
But if you want to use a football analogy, it's more like we are we in contract negotiations to sign Sengalese International Ali Dia. We just want to ask the question, "Are you sure?" because it turns out the bloke who was recommending him isn't George Weah, he hasn't ever played for Senegal, he is looking shite in training and quite frankly everything we were told about him is bullshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here