View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
584. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

413 70.72%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

171 29.28%
Page 5212 of 5930 FirstFirst ... 4212471251125162520252095210521152125213521452155222526253125712 ... LastLast
Results 52,111 to 52,120 of 59300

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Professors View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Barmier.Davis phoned him Saturday night with the details and just got laughter in reply.I thought it would be the Gnome,but perhaps he's busy filling petrol bombs in the Bogside with his pals.
    You’re talking to yourself.
    "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      Actually this thread doesn't seem too bad. A distinct lack of name calling and belittling.
      Early days..page 8..look how long the other thread is

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LamieRobertson View Post
      Early days..page 8..look how long the other thread is
      Sure, but I wasn't saying it won't descend into the usual binfest, but Stat was saying it already has.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Sussex, Sussex not by the sea and actually nearer to Sevenoaks than the coast

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Dick Swiveller View Post
      What surprises me is that people are surprised at this mess. I have said a few times that I was leaning towards remain but willing to be convinced before the referendum. It was clear that it would never be an amicable split but wanted to see what the perceived benefits would be to weigh against the losses. All I got was lies and rhetoric from both sides and so stuck with my instinct that the benefits of remaining outweighed leaving. Did people really think that we could do the equivalent of a cheating husband who demands a divorce and wants to keep the pets, kids, car and house and still get sex from his ex whenever he wants? As well as alimony?

A second referendum is highly unlikely and not sure what a GE would do to make matters better. But I do subscribe to the view that the 52-48 has long since gone after this debacle. Anyone convincing themselves that some leavers haven't change their mind are deluded. I live with one for starters. Like many, she had concerns about immigration but not "at all costs" like a few on here. We are now stuck with a government pulling itself apart, an opposition trying to make itself sound popular without actually saying or committing to anything. And I'm not sure where the Lib Dems are other than having a party conference at the local pub's back room. And all of them trying to put their own spin on what the 52% of people who answered a very basic question actually meant.
      Another contender for pinning to the top of the thread.
      2 - 0 and Arsenal are all over the place!
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Norman Potting View Post
      Another contender for pinning to the top of the thread.
      Very top would get my vote

0 Not allowed!
      What surprises me is that people are surprised at this mess. I have said a few times that I was leaning towards remain but willing to be convinced before the referendum. It was clear that it would never be an amicable split but wanted to see what the perceived benefits would be to weigh against the losses. All I got was lies and rhetoric from both sides and so stuck with my instinct that the benefits of remaining outweighed leaving. Did people really think that we could do the equivalent of a cheating husband who demands a divorce and wants to keep the pets, kids, car and house and still get sex from his ex whenever he wants? As well as alimony?

A second referendum is highly unlikely and not sure what a GE would do to make matters better. But I do subscribe to the view that the 52-48 has long since gone after this debacle. Anyone convincing themselves that some leavers haven't change their mind are deluded. I live with one for starters. Like many, she had concerns about immigration but not "at all costs" like a few on here. We are now stuck with a government pulling itself apart, an opposition trying to make itself sound popular without actually saying or committing to anything. And I'm not sure where the Lib Dems are other than having a party conference at the local pub's back room. And all of them trying to put their own spin on what the 52% of people who answered a very basic question actually meant.
      Well said.

Richard Osman has it right, too

https://twitter.com/richardosman/sta...04459695894528

Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      When people are rude to you, they reveal who they are, not who you are.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TomandJerry View Post
      Unless they make a new bill and approve and pass it through parliament, it will
      Yes, or repeal.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.
      Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Herr Tubthumper View Post
      You’re talking to yourself.
      Unfortunately that’s what this thread has turned into
      Pretentious,moi?
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Did people really think that we could do the equivalent of a cheating husband who demands a divorce and wants to keep the pets, kids, car and house and still get sex from his ex whenever he wants? As well as alimony?
      This sums it up neatly. I voted to leave but I had what I thought were realistic expectations: the 'have our cake and eat it' policy was obviously completely bonkers but it's what's driven our whole approach to the negotiations. If we'd said,"we want to leave the SM/CU but will keep free movement" we may have got somewhere (I'm just using those examples as shorthand, I'm fully aware that it's more complex than that) but we made no attempt to negotiate.

And the Irish issue was clearly a major problem and there seems to have been no attempt to really tackle it. The obvious solution to me was to keep NI in the customs union and have the border in the Irish Sea but May thought sucking up the DUP was more important than trying to solve a thorny Brexit issue.
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      Yes, or repeal.
      Whatever it is, it would have to be made into law, and then all other 27 EU country's would have to accept it