View Poll Results: Is Theresa May is out of her depth?

Voters
558. You may not vote on this poll
  • She doesn't know what she is doing

390 69.89%
  • She knows exactly what she is doing

168 30.11%
Page 5195 of 5333 FirstFirst ... 419546955095514551855192519351945195519651975198520552455295 ... LastLast
Results 51,941 to 51,950 of 53326
    Once Dolphin, Now Seagull Dorset Seagull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hate to say it but....we told you so. And we told you long before it went to the ballot. It was a pre-ordained disaster I'm afraid and you voted for it. So it is YOU who has made this happen. Take some responsibility you coward.
    You also told us the world was going to end when article 50 was triggered
    Pretentious,moi?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      I don't generally follow this mental thread - I assume that's an in joke? If not, who exactly would?
      No most remainers on this thread have been practically wishing it to happen
      portslade seagull..brighton till i die

0 Not allowed!
      How many letters gone to Graham Brady now
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by pb21 View Post
      Just because most people voted to leave, and some of those want a complete/hard brexit doesn't mean it's easy, or even possible.

IMO the hard brexiters are hoping for some kind of utopian outcome, and are living in a fantasy land. Gove may just be coming round to the realisation that you can't always get what you want.
      you're not adressing the question. we may have had more control over some areas than acknowledged by politicans, but to go as far as to say we could refuse EU law is to pretend the EU doesnt have any precedence or authority. can we enter into free trade? no, because we devolved all customs and trade law to EU, we cant refuse that law.

i'm over it now, but lets not lie about it, EU controls us and will continue to.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portslade seagull View Post
      No most remainers on this thread have been practically wishing it to happen
      Oh I see what you mean. Yes, it does seem that some want us to fail so that they can say they were right.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      i'm over it now, but lets not lie about it, EU controls us and will continue to.
      I would far prefer this than Boris, Mogg and Gove.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This was how it was always going to pan out.

People vote to leave, we as a nation can't afford to go it alone, so the government fudge it so it looks like we are leaving but actually we are leaving, but to trade with the eu, we have to keep all their laws, their standards, their borders, their rules basically, and now we have NO say in any of them.

So let's say tomorrow, the eu say, because of sustainability, the only people allowed to fish in UK waters are the French and Spanish boats....and we will have no say in April next year to block this ..as our veto has gone.

So well done mrs may and the conservatives...tremendous scenes.
      While this is all somewhat true, the negotiations taking place by this shambolic government aren't forever. The conditions will be able to be renegotiated by more competant governments in the future.

2 years is simply not enough time to carry out such complex negotations, with so much at stake, with European politics making it all the more difficult.

It was always going to be a de facto "keep it as it is" to begin with. The key thing is that we will be out of the EU, and future governments will be able to pull out of, or renegotiate conditions. Self-determination will surely prove to be a good thing over time... we may not be out of the EU shackles today, but at least now we have the key.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      While this is all somewhat true, the negotiations taking place by this shambolic government aren't forever. The conditions will be able to be renegotiated by more competant governments in the future.

2 years is simply not enough time to carry out such complex negotations, with so much at stake, with European politics making it all the more difficult.

It was always going to be a de facto "keep it as it is" to begin with. The key thing is that we will be out of the EU, and future governments will be able to pull out of, or renegotiate conditions. Self-determination will surely prove to be a good thing over time... we may not be out of the EU shackles today, but at least now we have the key.
      Out of interest, who do you think should have led the negotiations and would have got the 'good deal' you were hoping for?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by daveinprague View Post
      We were always able to.
      Quote Originally Posted by pb21 View Post
      Parliament has always had the ultimate say.
      Not true. If we didn't want to implement GDPR, we'd have been against EU rules.

If we want to nationalise rail and introduce a state railway monopoly again, that would be against EU competition rules
      Brevis esse laboro, obscurus fio

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      If we want to nationalise rail and introduce a state railway monopoly again, that would be against EU competition rules
      Not an area I know well but I thought the majority of countries in the EU ran state operated railways?

Isn't Britain of the most privatised models?