Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
If I choose to regard piggy insults as racist,it is perfectly within my rights to do so

Agreed, but perhaps you don't strengthen your stance by then posting a piggy insult of your own, a few times now, in the form of that picture of Milliband. You don't quite know what you're doing, do you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Perhaps the NSC clairvoyants club could tell all the Remain press who were banging on about a no deal 'disaster' for months or the numerous groups lobbying against this scenario plus the UK and EU sides that have invested big money in 'no deal' contingency planning that there is nothing to worry about ..

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/en...c-to-cope-with-no_uk_59f873f2e4b09b5c2568f822

Have they? None of those 3,000-5,000 extra HMRC staff were being recruited prior to the new financial year starting in April and since that article in October of last it's reported today that HMRC's headcount has gone down by over 3,000 and is down by even more than that since Article 50 was invoked last year 69,789-65,287.

(I was thinking of 'Taxman' by The Beatles, but as Apple have removed the rights on Youtube this is more appropriate to sum up the shambles of this 'planning'.)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I don't "report people ". I once reported DR for pretty foul racism on one specific post. The kind of ignorant racism that is more common on here, I simply ignore.

Still lying I see Nibble .... just can't stop yourself can you ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Field Marshal Lord Bramall is hardly your usual loony left. 94 years old and was at Normandy. Will he also be considered an 'enemy of the people'?

But is he a homosexual? Doubtless the Daily Mail will keep us up to speed on this important aspect.

(I suspect we'll probably just have to settle for him being a dissident collaborator. Or weasel loon.)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
But is he a homosexual? Doubtless the Daily Mail will keep us up to speed on this important aspect.

(I suspect we'll probably just have to settle for him being a dissident collaborator. Or weasel loon.)

Despite the fact he received £100,000 compensation and a personal apology from Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe on behalf of the Metropolitan Police, I'm sure The Daily Mail can point out 'Operation Midland' were erroneously investigating him to smear him accordingly.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

EU bullies v Italy. Bit quiet on the old news front about Italy isn't. Why is that? Now we don't want the EU put a bad light do we.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What has it come to where the level of f***witerry on the UKs Brexit is so great that our normal 'extremist loons' (to use a certain posters parlance) can't even get excited about Italy :lolol:

Come on kids, at least make an effort

EU bullies v Italy. Bit quiet on the old news front about Italy isn't. Why is that? Now we don't want the EU put a bad light do we.

Finger right on the pulse, as always :smile:

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Despite the fact he received £100,000 compensation and a personal apology from Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe on behalf of the Metropolitan Police, I'm sure The Daily Mail can point out 'Operation Midland' were erroneously investigating him to smear him accordingly.

The Mail will be digging up dirt on him in time for tomorrow's paper

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

What bullying have The EU done to Italy then? I'm by no means an avid follower of Italian politics, but as I understand it basically the 2 populist parties wanted to appoint a finance minister who advocates leaving the Eurozone as a plan B scenario, when neither party campaigned on this footing in the election and The Italian President, as per Italian Constitutional law, has vetoed the appointment, a temporary Government has been appointed as a result and new elections will be held later in the year, when the Eurozone position will be clearly pointed out. If The Italian President is to be impeached for doing this, as is being suggested, it goes to The Italian Constitutional Court to hear, or so I read. Unless there's a secret bullying plot afoot I missed, I'm not sure what The EU did here. :shrug:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
What bullying have The EU done to Italy then? I'm by no means an avid follower of Italian politics, but as I understand it basically the 2 populist parties wanted to appoint a finance minister who advocates leaving the Eurozone as a plan B scenario, when neither party campaigned on this footing in the election and The Italian President, as per Italian Constitutional law, has vetoed the appointment, a temporary Government has been appointed as a result and new elections will be held later in the year, when the Eurozone position will be clearly pointed out. If The Italian President is to be impeached for doing this, as is being suggested, it goes to The Italian Constitutional Court to hear, or so I read. Unless there's a secret bullying plot afoot I missed, I'm not sure what The EU did here. :shrug:

I don't pretend to be an expert in matters Italian but my working assumption has always been that without membership of the EU the economy would be a basket case. I then unearthed this one statistic:

1 in 8 jobs in Italy depends on EU exports

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Mail will be digging up dirt on him in time for tomorrow's paper

The homosexual reference was apropos of the Mail's coverage of the 'Enemies of the People', those sober judges pilloried for arriving at a legal conclusion that didn't tally with that newspaper's prejudices.

D

Deleted member 22389

I don't pretend to be an expert in matters Italian but my working assumption has always been that without membership of the EU the economy would be a basket case. I then unearthed this one statistic:

1 in 8 jobs in Italy depends on EU exports

Fine, but I have family in Southern Italy. Before the Euro they where we'll off, but once the Euro was introduced everything became more expensive, and it's been downhill ever since.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Fine, but I have family in Southern Italy. Before the Euro they where we'll off, but once the Euro was introduced everything became more expensive, and it's been downhill ever since.

To be honest, it still doesnt seem to be anything to do with the EU or the Euro.

'Despite these important achievements, the country's economy today suffers from structural and non-structural problems. After strong GDP growth in 1945–1990, the last two decades' average annual growth rates were below the EU average with Italy being hit particularly hard by the late-2000s recession. The stagnation in economic growth, and the political efforts to revive it with massive government spending from the 1980s onwards, eventually produced a severe rise in public debt. In addition, Italian living standards have a considerable North–South divide: the average GDP per capita in Northern and Central Italy significantly exceeds the EU average, while some regions and provinces in Southern Italy are dramatically below.'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, it still doesnt seem to be anything to do with the EU or the Euro.

'Despite these important achievements, the country's economy today suffers from structural and non-structural problems. After strong GDP growth in 1945–1990, the last two decades' average annual growth rates were below the EU average with Italy being hit particularly hard by the late-2000s recession. The stagnation in economic growth, and the political efforts to revive it with massive government spending from the 1980s onwards, eventually produced a severe rise in public debt. In addition, Italian living standards have a considerable North–South divide: the average GDP per capita in Northern and Central Italy significantly exceeds the EU average, while some regions and provinces in Southern Italy are dramatically below.'

Judging from this post the problem is clearly Italy’s. At the very least they need to redistribute some of their wealth down south. I imagine it’s in some Italian’s interest to blame the EU though.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Like they never had problems with the Lira.
It might be true that things have been downhill since that time, but it does not mean that the Euro caused the decline.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Like they never had problems with the Lira.
It might be true that things have been downhill since that time, but it does not mean that the Euro caused the decline.

I agree although far from an expert on this one.
Economically, politically or both, Italy and Greece have been basket cases for years, although there is an argument that the Euro has not helped them, they both seemed a bit more secure when they had the Lira and Drachma.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I agree although far from an expert on this one.
Economically, politically or both, Italy and Greece have been basket cases for years, although there is an argument that the Euro has not helped them, they both seemed a bit more secure when they had the Lira and Drachma.

The biggest problem for both countries fiscally, is the black market economy, reckoned to be about 20% to 25% of GDP in both.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The biggest problem for both countries fiscally, is the black market economy, reckoned to be about 20% to 25% of GDP in both.

Quite. As I say, Italy should look a lot closer to home if they want to point the finger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here