Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe its your silver bullet then. Though it would bring down the Tory government, but Brexit at any cost. Surely its worth it, isn't it?

I'm really not bothered about about the Tory government - all our governments have been as bad as each other. BUT yes, Brexit should happen AND we should have handed back Northern Ireland to Eire many many years ago.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm really not bothered about about the Tory government - all our governments have been as bad as each other. BUT yes, Brexit should happen AND we should have handed back Northern Ireland to Eire many many years ago.

OK...

So Ireland United
JC in power

Now what about Scotland, let them go... They can join the EU and we can get the Americans to help us build a wall. I've heard they have some good designs. The contract would be a sweetener for a great trade deal, as our trade with the US is really poor and we have a huge deficit currently, don't we?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
OK...

So Ireland United
JC in power

Now what about Scotland, let them go... They can join the EU and we can get the Americans to help us build a wall. I've heard they have some good designs. The contract would be a sweetener for a great trade deal, as our trade with the US is really poor and we have a huge deficit currently, don't we?

JC would be equally as bad as May. Scotland should be able to go if they wish. The rest of your post is just stupidity.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We are leaving the EU I am a remainers but accept the result it's how we leave and what a mess we appear to be making of it

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
A good reminder link, well posted.
A few cloud cuckoo land remainers on here(clamp Herr T) who think Brexit wont happen should read your link and take some lessons from the Irish, they appear to know full well we are leaving the EU, the single market and the customs union…….I wonder why this truth is so hard for some to comprehend.

As they appear to know full well we're leaving The EU, the single market and the customs union, perhaps our Government should take some lessons from the Irish and invest in infrastructure and staff recruitment etc as well. Only a year to go/tick tock etc,etc

It's very strange, because 3 months ago our Government dropped plans for a lorry park at Stanford and The Road Haulage Bill has been put on ice rather than in front of parliament as well. Still, I'm sure it's all part of a cunning plan and HM Government and fully functioning, fully staffed Whitehall departments know exactly what they're doing though.:thumbsup:

Tally ho and Rule Britannia etc.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
JC would be equally as bad as May. Scotland should be able to go if they wish. The rest of your post is just stupidity.

JC would be the perfect storm for Britain with Brexit

Yes I am poking fun a bit, but seriously if Scotland were to go and they wanted EU membership we'd need a hard border too.

Then there's Gibraltar, I guess just give that to the Spanish. Its small fry

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As they appear to know full well we're leaving The EU, the single market and the customs union, perhaps our Government should take some lessons from the Irish and invest in infrastructure and staff recruitment etc as well. Only a year to go/tick tock etc,etc

It's very strange, because 3 months ago our Government dropped plans for a lorry park at Stanford and The Road Haulage Bill has been put on ice rather than in front of parliament as well. Still, I'm sure it's all part of a cunning plan and HM Government and fully functioning, fully staffed Whitehall departments know exactly what they're doing though.:thumbsup:

Tally ho and Rule Britannia etc.

it odd isn't it? if we look at things rationally for a moment, the actions do not support the supposed narrative that hardline brexiteers have taken control. the evidence is of ultra cautious, wait and see, lets not do anything until we are sure what needs to be done. prehaps May, a reluctant leaver is not got her heart in it. maybe Hammond isnt releasing the funds. things that could have been done, reports, analysis, implementation plans dont seem to be forthcoming. entire sub-departments exist in Whitehall just to strategise and produce white/green papers on every subject under the sun, but there's nothing - what are they doing, sitting around waiting for ministers? odd.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The fact that you go to the trouble of pointing out that Kamm is a leader writer for the Times and that the Times backed Remain at the time suggests you don't fully read the posts you reply to. You're right that Kamm supported the Iraq war. So did many. And so did, enthusiastically, that hero of Brexit, the joke-a-minute liar, the man who prefers smutty jokes to solid information, our nation's ambassador to the world, Boris 'dogging' Johnson. Defend him all you like.

Gawd you can be particularly obtuse at times. Yes you quoted him like he was some significant source … I was merely expanding on your description of him to show his view of Boris are hardly a surprise considering his political allegiances.

Boris doesn't need defending.The two-term Mayor of our great capital city, a key player in delivering a successful Brexit vote (saving the nation), Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs … a winner, who still finds time to hold out the hand of friendship to all those Remain voters who accept democracy and believe Britain can prosper outside the EU. (excludes most remainers on this thread obviously). What a guy.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Gawd you can be particularly obtuse at times. Yes you quoted him like he was some significant source … I was merely expanding on your description of him to show his view of Boris are hardly a surprise considering his political allegiances.

Boris doesn't need defending.The two-term Mayor of our great capital city, a key player in delivering a successful Brexit vote (saving the nation), Her Majesty's Principal Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs … a winner, who still finds time to hold out the hand of friendship to all those Remain voters who accept democracy and believe Britain can prosper outside the EU. (excludes most remainers on this thread obviously). What a guy.

More of the bleeding obvious.

He's not A-list but I would have said that Oliver Kamm is a significant source, in the same way that, say, Danny Finkelstein (a Conservative peer) is significant. More significant than me for sure. And, I'm sure you'll agree, you.

Your second paragraph is clear parody. Well done for laughing at yourself.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!

Bravo! But a small correction if I may: Her Majesty's Unprincipled etc..................

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

I don't think we will starve if we leave the EU, just be poorer, weaker and eventually rejoin the EU anyway, only this time without the same veto's and rebate.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Our great capital city voted to remain by a large margin. Boris doesn’t represent it

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
More of the bleeding obvious.

He's not A-list but I would have said that Oliver Kamm is a significant source, in the same way that, say, Danny Finkelstein (a Conservative peer) is significant. More significant than me for sure. And, I'm sure you'll agree, you.

Your second paragraph is clear parody. Well done for laughing at yourself.

You do yourself a disservice .. I have as much interest in Kamm's views on Boris as I do yours.

Bravo! But a small correction if I may: Her Majesty's Unprincipled etc..................

Thankyou. I have to go slightly OTT when prodding the Impster so he notices the sparkling humour.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I don't think we will starve if we leave the EU, just be poorer, weaker and eventually rejoin the EU anyway, only this time without the same veto's and rebate.

You do surprise me. Good luck trying to persuade the electorate we should rejoin the EU without our veto's or rebates, give up the pound for the Euro etc

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Our great capital city voted to remain by a large margin. Boris doesn’t represent it

Boris has that x factor that appeals beyond party lines. Which is why he could win in a 'Labour city' twice. Using your criteria he does represent the majority view in the UK though.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Boris has that x factor that appeals beyond party lines. Which is why he could win in a 'Labour city' twice. Using your measure criteria he does represent the majority view in the UK though.

London is the Remain City.

You can have your leader, Boris , the public school Eton toff, a proud member of the Bullingdon Club. He is a another great example of those spearheading Brexit, those who will profit themselves whilst those poorer off suffer.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
London is the Remain City.

You can have your leader, Boris , the public school Eton toff, a proud member of the Bullingdon Club. He is a another great example of those spearheading Brexit, those who will profit themselves whilst those poorer off suffer.

Well nearly 40% living in London are foreign-born, projected to reach over 50% quite soon.

Public school , toff ... has MoS hacked your account?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris has that x factor that appeals beyond party lines. Which is why he could win in a 'Labour city' twice. Using your criteria he does represent the majority view in the UK though.

He did have something, I have friends in London that would never vote Tory but voted for Boris. Problem with Boris now is a lot of people are realising the guy is a chameleon, its hard to know what he really represents. As a foreign secretary he has been horrendous, completely unsuitable

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well nearly 40% living in London are foreign-born, projected to reach over 50% quite soon.

Public school , toff ... has MoS hacked your account?

Not sure why you are bringing in birthplace, perhaps because you see someone who is born abroad as part of the problem? But it’s reassuingly not the case for Londoners, less than 40% foreign-born but 60% voted for remain. Very healthy. A progressive city. Also Brighton overwhelmingly Remain.

And MoS is ok

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here