Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which way would would all the remainers have voted if a EU migrant took your job leaving you unable to pay the mortgage and look after your family? The reality of why thousands of British tradesman voted leave. We are not thick just want to go to work for a decent wage and get on with our lives. Our standard of living shouldn’t have to decline to improve a migrants. I don’t blame migrants I do blame cockwombe Blair for this mess. Thankfully ever since the leave vote things have vastly improved in the sector long may it continue.

Employment is at an all time high. There are lots of vacancies that cannot be filled, so where are the British people struggling to pay their mortgages because a European has got their job?
Please give examples rather than a general xenophobic post about them and us.

Quite.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Theresa May is not a racist, that is just ridiculous. Nothing wrong with those vans either, illegal immigrants should go home, they are not wanted here. How on earth could you argue otherwise.
The British public still overwhelmingly support the hostile environment on illegal immigrants even after windrush. You are out of touch with normal thinking.

View attachment 103111

I saw the hostile environment on tv, Chelsea versus Man City. It’s ugly, very ugly Not an environment I want to live in that’s for sure.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Theresa May is not a racist, that is just ridiculous. Nothing wrong with those vans either, illegal immigrants should go home, they are not wanted here. How on earth could you argue otherwise.
The British public still overwhelmingly support the hostile environment on illegal immigrants even after windrush. You are out of touch with normal thinking.

View attachment 103111

That poll is not a hostile environment but common sense. Neither is it racist, but it is hostile to destroy the landing records of the Windrush, and then to go after people when they couldn't produce two documents for every decade they'd lived here.
I can't do that myself, unless you count my NI card which would have to suffice for every decade since the 60s.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There's really no need, either. The people (the actual humans, as opposed to bots) who'd actually think it worth signing, have no doubt seen it already within their insular bubble.

I wonder when it's going to reach the 2.5m+ mark that a petition in 2016 reached calling for a second referendum? Still, best to leave the no deal anarchists in ignorance to sign it and think it'll make a difference.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

View attachment 103111

Lucky you, the nurse i recently had during an extensive heart check up had an appalling level of English comprehension. Fine at reading pre written questions on a form and putting a tick in a box, but no comprehension of the wider answers i was giving on the problems i was experiencing. I asked her to call her superior and explained i wanted her replaced because her English was so poor. I was expecting an argument but just received a shrug and a "sorry, i know" from her superior and she was replaced with someone who knew what the patient was explaining to them.

It seems to me that the number of leavers focusing on immigration issues is directly and inversely proportional to the chances of Brexit actually happening.

I'm sure that pasta has always told me it was all about parliamentary sovereignty ???

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
That poll is not a hostile environment but common sense. Neither is it racist, but it is hostile to destroy the landing records of the Windrush, and then to go after people when they couldn't produce two documents for every decade they'd lived here.
I can't do that myself, unless you count my NI card which would have to suffice for every decade since the 60s.

They are all part of the so called "hostile environment " policy. But i agree the policy which is for illegal immigrants is indeed common sense and not racist.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If you believe that, you'll believe anything. Many people have seen what a mess Parliament (not just the Tories) have made of this, and realising that leaving in the way that May is trying to do at the moment, is no what they voted for.
You seem to have disdain for others' opinions.
You can talk

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It seems to me that the number of leavers focusing on immigration issues is directly and inversely proportional to the chances of Brexit actually happening.

I'm sure that pasta has always told me it was all about parliamentary sovereignty ???

For me Parliamentary sovereignty was my number one reason, taking back control of our EU borders and ending free movement was incredibly important too- i would place that second on my list.
Hope this helps.
It wasnt a requirement to only be allowed to hate the EU on one issue.

D

Deleted member 2719

Leave or Remain, you think we're at a stage where online petitions are going to make a difference? Right ho.

Maybe, maybe not, but what it does do is keeps people like yourself in check with reality and not the Brighton bubble, which some may not like but it's true.
People have had enough of being a weak country and being dictated to, it's only the second petition I have ever done so not something I would typically do because I believe on getting on with it.

Incidentally, the other petition was a Pro Falmer petition, I only hope we get the same result.

Let me know when it passes 17 million unique votes from people eligible to vote in this country.

I have taken note Trig and will be posting every 1000 vote updates.

How about that for customer service PB!

Well that is the third time you have posted that on this thread in 4 days

Desperate? :lolol:

I was going to post every 1000 votes just for Trig, but for you, I will make an exception, every 200.

Don't thank me, call it an early Christmas gift.:kiss:

Attachments

• 249000.PNG
    249000.PNG
    58.2 KB · Views: 95

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He isnt wrong.

Cant say you havnt been warned.

He was a former fashion student at Brighton University apparently and a former Liberal Democrat activist too.

I can honesty say pasta, that as a former Brighton University student myself, and having been on the wrong end of many a post nightclub related violent incident on West Street in the 1990's that once resulted in an A&E admission to The RSCH, as well as being on the the right end and a whole lot else beside - I was never on the wrong end as a result of an altercation with a fashion student.

I've got to say pasta I'm not overly worried by his warning I'm afraid.

(Pro-Brexit Fashion student threatening violence :lolol: )

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
For me Parliamentary sovereignty was my number one reason, taking back control of our EU borders and ending free movement was incredibly important too- i would place that second on my list.
Hope this helps.
It wasnt a requirement to only be allowed to hate the EU on one issue.

There you go again. If only Blair, Brown and May had used the exit checks, available to them under EU laws. If only they hadn't cut police and border force numbers, and then you wouldn't have worried.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Maybe, maybe not, but what it does do is keeps people like yourself in check with reality and not the Brighton bubble, which some may not like but it's true.
People have had enough of being a weak country and being dictated to, it's only the second petition I have ever done so not something I would typically do because I believe on getting on with it.

Incidentally, the other petition was a Pro Falmer petition, I only hope we get the same result.

I was going to post every 1000 votes just for Trig, but for you, I will make an exception, every 200.

It’s still a pathetic number if given the 52% number or I guess the number we have in the country

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You forgot to post the link :facepalm:

Are you Two profs in disguise ? :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

View attachment 103111

you do have to provide proof of ID for all those actions. i wonder if the poll ask "would you accept a national ID card?" and what the response would be. so much of the immigration problem would be solved with a simple ID requirement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here