Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Please don't ban him. he is all the leavers only hope

Just to clarify, I did not ban him, the system banned him, I issued a minor infraction, the infractions within a certain period of time add up if you are the sort to get them on a reasonably regular basis, for example, 3 minor infractions will tot up to a small ban (3 to 7 days maybe) as has obviously happened in this case.

We do have a rule about not discussing bans or even infraction bans, so I will not be entering into ANY dialogue or discussion with ANYONE over it, I just felt it right in this case to inform people and give a reminder on how the infraction system functions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Another amendment passed in the House of Lords to the Government’s Brexit legislation, limits will be placed on the use of Ministerial ‘Henry VIII’ powers.

The Tories can say goodbye re-writing laws behind closed doors.

A good day for democracy

Lol…. you and your thumbers ( [MENTION=33848]The Clamp[/MENTION] [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] ) obviously never actually read that amendment or what it was doing if thats the conclusion you all came to, you must feel like prize plonkers agreeing with that assessment of it, did you come up with those facts :lol: all by yourselves or were you all told what to think? (prime suspect……..twitter)

Most of the pop want a final say on any final deal

Knock yourself out, personally I would leave the question of accepting or not accepting the withdrawal agreement as we Leave up to Parliament, not sure what you think the public could add to the debate at that stage in the proceedings

2nd referendum.jpg

So you think we should leave, completely regardless of the outcome of any negotiations no matter what :rolleyes:

WTF, Yes of course we should leave regardless, the vote was to Leave, it wasn’t to Remain. I cant believe you are still struggling with this concept.
The negotiations are on our withdrawal from the EU, they are not negotiating us staying In or negotiating whether we should rethink about leaving or not.
The general democratic idea is to negotiate our withdrawal but NOT to try and deliberately make any withdrawal agreement unpalatable in order to change Leaving by the back door, although you are doing an astounding job in revealing this is precisely what some people are hoping to achieve.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
In the absence of technology that doesn't exist, Customs Union till 2023 at least and who knows will be in charge by then.

Suggest the Brexiteers buy some mattress protectors if not already done so

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In the absence of technology that doesn't exist, Customs Union till 2023 at least and who knows will be in charge by then.

Suggest the Brexiteers buy some mattress protectors if not already done so

Why are you so adamant these technologies cant ever exist by the end of the dec 2020 transition

All we are talking about is new technology for moving to fully electronic and paperless? Technology that automates goods in storage? Technology for centralised clearance of goods? Technology for customs declarations before you arrive and technologies for customs declarations before you depart.

Why do you think this is impossible? Do you really think for example the EU are incapable of coming up with the technologies mentioned above?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Why are you so adamant these technologies cant ever exist by the end of the dec 2020 transition

All we are talking about is new technology for moving to fully electronic and paperless? Technology that automates goods in storage? Technology for centralised clearance of goods? Technology for customs declarations before you arrive and technologies for customs declarations before you depart.

Why do you think this is impossible? Do you really think for example the EU are incapable of coming up with the technologies mentioned above?

I don't think it's possible because I spent 30 odd years working in the technology sector including significant time working with the Government and major software suppliers, so i have a little insight into technology, government and lead times, but carry on. I'm fully aware that there are areas where you have undoubted expertise, but this isn't one of them :smile:

PS. It's not the EU who need to come up with a solution, they're not leaving:facepalm:

Last edited:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't think it's possible because I spent 30 odd years working in the technology sector including significant time working with the Government and major software suppliers, so i have a little insight into technology, government and lead times, but carry on. I'm fully aware that there are areas where you have undoubted expertise. This isn't one of them :smile:

PS. It's not the EU who need to come up with a solution, they're not leaving:facepalm:

There you Leavers go again knowing what you are talking about! You lot make me sick. Far better to shoot from the hip and make it up as we go along. Nigel Farage didn't have time to know what he was talking about and he got us the referendum. David Davis doesn't know what he's talking about and he's in charge of the negotiations. See how far you can get and what you can achieve through ignorance? You Leaving moaning minnies could do well to take note. Enough of your petty point scoring: Brexit means Brexit. Let's get out and make a stand for knowing naff-all!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't think it's possible because I spent 30 odd years working in the technology sector including significant time working with the Government and major software suppliers, so i have a little insight into technology, government and lead times, but carry on. I'm fully aware that there are areas where you have undoubted expertise, but this isn't one of them :smile:

There you Leavers go again knowing what you are talking about! You lot make me sick. Far better to shoot from the hip and make it up as we go along. Nigel Farage didn't have time to know what he was talking about and he got us the referendum. David Davis doesn't know what he's talking about and he's in charge of the negotiations. See how far you can get and what you can achieve through ignorance? You Leaving moaning minnies could do well to take note. Enough of your petty point scoring: Brexit means Brexit. Let's get out and make a stand for knowing naff-all!

For starters I don’t claim to have expertise in these areas and have never done so.
But its duly noted according to your 30 years of experience these customs technologies I listed above are according to you impossible.
I see you also say The EU don’t need to come up with the customs technological advances listed because its us leaving not them.

Forgive me if I find your viewpoint strange as I thought this was common knowledge but The EU are indeed coming up with the exact customs technologies I mentioned themselves, that you are saying are impossible (retract facepalm) to enhance cross border customs arrangements as part of The Union Customs Code. It started in May 2016 and they have a transition deadline for full compliance in Dec 2020 even for new invented technologies...... which corresponds with our transition date.
Are you both really going to continue saying these technologies are impossible even when the EU have said they will be fully ready by dec 2020 ?
They do seem quite confident all will be in place and implemented by the time their transition period on its implentation expires.

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/union-customs-code/ucc-introduction_en

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I don't think it's possible because I spent 30 odd years working in the technology sector including significant time working with the Government and major software suppliers, so i have a little insight into technology, government and lead times, but carry on.

you seem to be, rightly, commenting on the inability of government to deliver IT systems. the actual technology required has been around some time. where there is a will and clearly defined scope, even government can deliver decent IT, they could have done it if they stopped fannying around.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For starters I don’t claim to have expertise in these areas and have never done so.
But its duly noted according to your 30 years of experience these customs technologies I listed above are according to you impossible.
I see you also say The EU don’t need to come up with the customs technological advances listed because its us leaving not them.

Forgive me if I find your viewpoint strange as I thought this was common knowledge but The EU are indeed coming up with the exact customs technologies I mentioned themselves, that you are saying are impossible (retract facepalm) to enhance cross border customs arrangements as part of The Union Customs Code. It started in May 2016 and they have a transition deadline for full compliance in Dec 2020 even for new invented technologies...... which corresponds with our transition date.
Are you both really going to continue saying these technologies are impossible even when the EU have said they will be fully ready by dec 2020 ?
They do seem quite confident all will be in place and implemented by the time their transition period on its implentation expires.

https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/union-customs-code/ucc-introduction_en

I have no experience of working with the EU on large scale implementations, however I'll try one last time

PS. It's not the EU who need to come up with a solution, they're not leaving (replace palm on face)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I have no experience of working with the EU on large scale implementations, however I'll try one last time

PS. It's not the EU who need to come up with a solution, they're not leaving (replace palm on face)

They need to agree on a solution if they want frictionless trade with their single country biggest export market that they run a big deficit with.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I think you are wasting your time trying to explain the impossible to these people.... All I know is that virtually every form of new computer system or technology instigated by British governments over the last 30 years or so tend to go tits up at the first opportunity, although the likes of Capita etc still plunder millions from taxpayers.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I caught the train down to St Ives yesterday.
It was a 2 coach overcrowded rattler that goes to Penzance, it's something to do with capacity on the line.
At each station was a poster saying that it will all change in December 2018 as work is taking place to allow more capacity, longer and faster trains.
Why is this possible?
Because it is mostly funded by The European Regional Development Fund.
The EU has plowed billions into infrastructure in Cornwall as it is deemed a very poor region of Europe which has really helped to make it easier to get here and attract a more visitors to a fabulous county.
Cornwall voted leave by a large majority mainly due to the fishing I think, but the fisherman seemed to have been stitched up on that, certainly before we leave and maybe even after we leave, they are furious but I have no sympathy for them.
Strangely the Cornish still think it was the right thing to do.
Extraordinary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here