Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I certainly don't felt ashamed of voting remain. I don't believe the country will fare well for decades. I expect rather more Brexiteers changing their names here tbh

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
By the way FTSE at a record high and service sector performing well. Two things that should have collapsed the day after the vote to leave. What's 16 months between friends eh !!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do people really think things are not changing. I bet there will be loads of examples of this. https://twitter.com/c_morrow40/status/926472753137545216

When are you going to stop posting unsubstantiated rubbish from fellow idiots on Twatter,you bell-end?

twitshit.jpg

Last edited:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
"If you want to be patronising about it, you could take the view that all this is down to the lies of the leave campaign and a mess of nastiness surrounding immigration. But from a more enlightened perspective, it might be more instructive to understand a lot of support for leave as the climax of years of decline, neglect and condescension – and something that is hardly going to be abandoned in a hurry."

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...t-theresa-may-economic-austerity-leave-voting Good stuff as per usual from John Harris.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
When are you going to stop posting unsubstantiated rubbish from fellow idiots on Twatter,you bell-end?

View attachment 90818

Is that recent? The reason I ask is that the current story says investors have withdrawn, yours says the financial package is in place? I think something may have changed to put them off.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
This is pretty breathtaking stuff. http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/n...t-exemption-sought-grimsby-seafood-736984.amp

Eurosceptic mp says that Grimsby should have special allowance to remain in the single market - one of the perks of Brexit. You know when people said it was turkeys voting for Xmas.

"Mr Vickers said the possibility of free trade status for northern Lincolnshire’s ports was a sign of post-Brexit optimism.

We couldn’t do that if we wanted to at the moment,” said the Eurosceptic Tory.

“But once we get control of our own economy again, that is one of the things that could be looked at and which could be very beneficial.

“That emphasises the freedoms and opportunities that could be opening up after Brexit.”

Does he have a bloody clue what the current status is?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Is that recent? The reason I ask is that the current story says investors have withdrawn, yours says the financial package is in place? I think something may have changed to put them off.

That is the most recent interview with Mr. McCormack,the boss,from the Northumberland Times on the 4th of November,after the Jolyon Yawn load of waffle.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I expect a lot of the more honest Remain voters will end up feelng ashamed or at least admit they were wrong.. rightly so.

I don't think this guy is admitting he was wrong, he just thinks that for someone with **** all to lose, it may have been the right thing to do. I have sympathy with the view, if you are under the wheel, a revolution seems like a good idea, but I believe they have chosen to spin the wrong wheel.
Those that think it couldn't get any worse for them, are mistaken.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Last edited:

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Employment agencies would get a far greater retention figure if they started treating recruits decently.Most seem to be staffed by people who have been forced to leave estate agencies because they're so vile,home care providers in particular.Whilst acknowledging severe staff shortfalls in some NHS areas,I read in our local health centre that 456 EU nurses left,but 924 non-EU arrived last month,so it hopefully will improve.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That is the most recent interview with Mr. McCormack,the boss,from the Northumberland Times on the 4th of November,after the Jolyon Yawn load of waffle.

On account of the guy being a Mr. Cormack, not Mr. McCormack, there not being a publication called the Northumberland Times as far as I can find, and the fact that the words you posted are identical to part of a report posted in May 2016 in the Cumberland News, would you provide a link?

may 2016 articlehttp://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk/business/DMACKs-500-job-tyre-factory-could-be-built-in-southern-England-not-Carlisle-506caf83-690c-493b-b99f-06847eb1d446-ds

It really makes more sense when you see that there were investors pre referendum, and now there are not.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Massive issues right now on the capital, major flu outbreak and things will be at breaking post this winter

And this isn't in the Independent and Grauniad every year,cos they can't afford to employ reporters?:yawn:
Talking of the Grudiana,some tasty stuff about tax avoidance coming out on them!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here