Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I've got this vision of you as the Titanic sinks still saying that it is unsinkable. Are you familiar the character Dr Pangloss in Voltaire's Candide? (You are though spot-on with regard to one thing: it's because Worthing is indeed in a time-warp that so many around here voted Leave.) This is Project Fail - not all the evidence is pointing that way but it is accumulating at a scary rate.

Wrong boat mate.I left the sinking ship,along with the clever people,in June 2016!

eu.jpg

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Oh goody.Conspiracy time-wondered when it would leak over from the Trump thread.Please tell me when you get the crayons out!:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

dopeytwat.jpg

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
but that wasn't even the criticism. it was UK business not investing, there has been a problem since around 2008 with companies sitting on billions of cash. this has nothing to do with Brexit, neither does the productivity problem in the UK

There is some logic to your argument. Clearly we can't go back and correct the mistakes of the last decade (more is the shame), but this does sound like something government should really be focusing on now. There are going to have to be some tough choices, no government can do everything and they really should be looking to stop obsessing over things that have delivered nothing but division in the last decade.

A stable economy, along with a taxation regime that ensures that multi-nationals and the mega-rich pay their fair share, would be a good starting point.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Oh goody.Conspiracy time-wondered when it would leak over from the Trump thread.Please tell me when you get the crayons out!:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

View attachment 90746

There's conspiracy theories and there's open investigations by the electoral commission into why Arron Banks was the biggest contributor by far into the Leave.EU funds.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ukip-backer-arron-banks-faces-leave-cash-inquiry-52z0f2wxs

It will also look at whether Better for the Country Limited (BFTCL), a company that lists Mr Banks, 51, as a director and has its registered office at the same address as Leave.EU, was acting as an “agent” when it donated £2.3 million to five registered campaigners. BFTCL was not registered as a permitted participant in the EU referendum.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
https://order-order.com/2017/11/03/pestos-brexit-conversion/

Self-confessed metropolitan elitist Robert Peston says he has become sympathetic to the will of the British people and the cause of Brexit.

Peston’s new book WTF is not exactly an ode to the cause of Leavers, but the ITV pol ed does admit:

“Please don’t throw me out of the family, I now fear that those that did were on the right side of an important argument and the right side of history.”

In an interview with Iain Dale Peston said:

“When I discovered it wasn’t just me but my entire circle were out of touch with millions of people I genuinely felt ashamed… this was the only opportunity millions of people were ever going to have to say to the people who run this place ‘you’re not listening to us’, it was a massive wake up call to everybody… I take my hat off to them, they have thrown all the cards up in the air… it was the right thing to do.”

Everyone comes round in the end…

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I actually think things will start to swing our way from now on and the EU will find things very tough and cave in eventually.They've had their time by threatening us basically and we will come out all guns blazing wether it's a walk away or not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Self-confessed metropolitan elitist Robert Peston says he has become sympathetic to the will of the British people and the cause of Brexit.

Peston’s new book WTF is not exactly an ode to the cause of Leavers, but the ITV pol ed does admit:

“Please don’t throw me out of the family, I now fear that those that did were on the right side of an important argument and the right side of history.”

“When I discovered it wasn’t just me but my entire circle were out of touch with millions of people I genuinely felt ashamed… this was the only opportunity millions of people were ever going to have to say to the people who run this place ‘you’re not listening to us’, it was a massive wake up call to everybody… I take my hat off to them, they have thrown all the cards up in the air… it was the right thing to do.”

So Robert is no deal still a catastrophe, or will it be utopia as indicated by the likes of Lord Lawson etc.

http://www.qmul.ac.uk/media/news/items/hss/195310.html

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Reality kicking in for Merkel with all the extra billions she will have to stump up for her european dream. No wonder see wants to rape us

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Peston hasn't come round to Brexit - he is simply saying that he understands why millions of people who felt let down and ignored by politicians and the establishment voted as they did on June 23. He implies he would have done the same in their position - that for them, telling the establishment to take a jump was the right thing to do. When I said more or less the same thing on here after a weekend in one of the most firmly Leave-voting towns in England during the Albion's promotion run in I was roundly denounced by NSC's Brexit fundamentalists. Peston isn't saying that Brexit will deliver the goods any more than I am.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

I expect a lot of the more honest Remain voters will end up feelng ashamed or at least admit they were wrong.. rightly so.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I expect a lot of the more honest Remain voters will end up feelng ashamed or at least admit they were wrong.. rightly so.

I would have thought that any figure from the world of politics who was out of touch with millions of people should feel ashamed. Why remain voters should apologise for them is unclear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here