Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Oh come on, your point was that because the UK is only a part of a larger group (10% came up) the number of people needed to elect one representative was high. High compared to what? Well, given that this entire thread, most of the 44k posts, is about the merits of Britain being in or out of the EU, you clearly meant high compared to having all representatives at Westminster.

You ask a question and I can't answer it off the top of my head. Sorry.. There is a danger though in assuming that the politics of anything (state, union, local authority, empire) will continue in the same direction for ever. That never ever happens. There are pressures in Europe and I believe that now is the precise time we could have been benefitting from them. It seems that that is not going to happen. You think that is wonderful. Fair enough. We disagree.

No quote/example then. I repeated my point numerous times. The ability to elect and throw out a government is in no way comparable to electing a handful of MEP's. In future I suggest you read a post, re read it then get a third opinion on what it means. Please ask for clarification if unsure.

Oh you can answer it. There is no such EU treaty which shows why your previous post was no more than wishful thinking/self delusion. Pressures in Europe now partly brought about by Brexit … the response, more centralisation/EU.

Commission sets out Roadmap for deepening Europe's Economic and Monetary Union

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-5005_en.htm

Juncker reveals his vision for a United States of Europe

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/junker-reveals-his-vision-for-a-united-states-of-europe-k9q9p9l3w

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
??? why the focus on cars. i bet you have about your person at least one Chinese manufactured product and come in to contact with many daily, and use many US products and services too. the products comply with some EU regulations.

And have tariff on them when imported.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Uh oh, the nerdy gang has been on a recruitment drive at the school library.

It's a formidable signing from [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION], welcome [MENTION=33116]Garry Nelson's teacher[/MENTION], do you lot still play war games with your mates and make machine gun noises :lolol:

Hey, I thought we were the groovy gang?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
your example implies that its not possible for such sharp business practice or poor quality control occur within the single market. thats not true though is it.

No, but we know which court to turn to when it goes wrong. The thing with having rules and a level playing field is there needs to be an umpire.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
i outlined something on Irish boarder weeks/hundreds of pages ago, you just dont want to hear of solutions, only problems. like the current situation with powersharing, which has nothing to do with brexit but being made another problem to roll around in, as you've just demonstrated.

I liked your solution mate, just I didn't think you would get it past Pretty Pastafairy Football Genius, it involved staying in the single market and customs union didn't it?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It is the only progress we have made toward a vision of post-Brexit Britain in 20 months. Maybe they will just work there way through all the cinematic dystopias eliminating them one by one until we only have one left and have to settle for that.

Perhaps when we finally take back control, The UK border in the post-Brexit utopia might be like that in Total Recall, unless that vision is also eliminated as being too dystopian and far fetched? Arnie didn't have a horrid, red passport when he illegally entered Mars disguised as a woman, it appeared to be distinctly blue just how the Brexiteers like them, so perhaps that's one the cabinet will settle for.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Chuckle-Brother-BBC-Interview-Life-Story1.png

...repeat ad nauseam.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No quote/example then. I repeated my point numerous times. The ability to elect and throw out a government is in no way comparable to electing a handful of MEP's. In future I suggest you read a post, re read it then get a third opinion on what it means. Please ask for clarification if unsure.

Oh you can answer it. There is no such EU treaty which shows why your previous post was no more than wishful thinking/self delusion. Pressures in Europe now partly brought about by Brexit … the response, more centralisation/EU.

Commission sets out Roadmap for deepening Europe's Economic and Monetary Union

http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-17-5005_en.htm

Juncker reveals his vision for a United States of Europe

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/junker-reveals-his-vision-for-a-united-states-of-europe-k9q9p9l3w

There is a balance required, the EU would function better, and member states would benefit more, with more aspects being centrally set than are currently. There comes a point when all the sensible stuff has been centralised, we are nowhere near that yet, so no, no treaty is going to devolve decisions out to the member states at this point, it would make no sense.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
There is a balance required, the EU would function better, and member states would benefit more, with more aspects being centrally set than are currently. There comes a point when all the sensible stuff has been centralised, we are nowhere near that yet, so no, no treaty is going to devolve decisions out to the member states at this point, it would make no sense.

It would be interesting to find out if your definition of 'sensible stuff' matched up with Commission's definition (I doubt it would, centralising power is quite addictive). At least your pov is acknowledging the reality of where we would have headed had we stayed in though.

Brexit is an absolute farce. I work in aircraft MRO and no one knows what's happening with regards to EASA, trade deal etc etc the Government is leading us into the uknown for their own political gain yet no one is stopping them and saying how wrong this is. All CEOs in my industry are very concerned with everything related to Brexit. That includes top businessman in other industries too. People voted out on lies, why are we still going ahead with this. Cameron, Johnson etc should all be tried for leading this country into the abyss.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Absolute fake news put about by remoaningminnies and whinging left wing/ right wing snowflakes.

We have our country back..everything is worth it. The 26 European countries need us far more than we need them. We can trade with the empire again!

Airlines prices are released 11 months from date of return, that is in 5 months for June 19 - Some Airlines such as BA/VA plan to put them on sale sooner than the 11 months via third parties.

I can assure you, the airlines are growing more uneasy as the days pass.

But like you say, fake news.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It would be interesting to find out if your definition of 'sensible stuff' matched up with Commission's definition (I doubt it would, centralising power is quite addictive). At least your pov is acknowledging the reality of where we would have headed had we stayed in though.

I don't think we are likely to see the sort of federalisation that I would prefer anytime soon, the people are nowhere near ready for it. Brexit shows most of us still see our EU neighbours as them and not us, and I think this exists to a greater or lesser extent elsewhere in the EU. There will come a time though, when how we feel about people in another EU country will be the same as how we feel now, about people in another UK county.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here