Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't see the point of this. Remain will win this vote (because it did last time, and remain has got more popular since then), and anyway this message board doesn't reflect voting patterns of the country.

If we only posted things on NSC that had a point, it would be a very quiet board :wink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we only posted things on NSC that had a point, it would be a very quiet board
True. But in this instance, we have a meaningless poll and the main chat will be on the existing 54,000 post thread. Oh well, fill your boots. :shrug:

As I said in the main thread it's a we-lose situation whatever happens from here. I'd say anything but a WTO no deal as the least worst option.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And i'm not saying there will be.

How would you vote ?

(Try and keep all discussion on the main Brexit thread here and we'll see how long this poll is allowed to run)

Your poll options are completely flawed, and doomed to inevitable failure. I'd predict that 'no deal' would poll the highest of the three options, though the combined total for 'soft Brexit' and 'stay in' would be significantly higher. The nation would have indicated a wish NOT to accept 'no deal', yet the hard-liners would still clutch at a 'victory'.

Nothing solved.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think the problem with a three-way option like this is that it doesn't reflect every opinion. I'm not happy with any of them (despite being anti EU for 40+ years). My instinct is to vote Leave but I'm fully aware that a no-deal Brexit is an absolute disaster and May's convoluted option (disliked by Brexiteers, Remainers and the EU) is no go. Yet, I'd be loath to vote to stay in.

My choice would be exit from the EU negotiated by grown-ups but that doesn't appear to be on the cards. Norway and Switzerland can live outside the EU yet maintain agreements - perhaps we should employ some Swiss negotiators

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why should there be a 2nd vote. If it ends up as 1-1, is it best of 3.? Where do you stop?

We’ve actually already had 2 referendums on Europe, so another would be the 3rd.
And before anyone says that we didn’t know we were voting for the Eu then, we didn’t know much more this time

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
What is the point of this poll? You are talking about the one area in the south east that voted remain. We know what the results will say at the end.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
OK, for the last ****ing time, we might be leaving the EU, Germany is not, can you see the problem now?

Perhaps if I explain it slowly to you it might sink in.Let's begin:

In a country far,far away from here,the clever people called Aussies needed a machine to travel under the sea.As they do not design these machines themselves,leaving it to the venial peoples of the world,they requested quotations.These came from numerous venial countries,including Japan (or maybe China),Germany,France,Spain etc.,although the Spanish design sank but wouldn't come up again so was discounted.After much discussion,and mysterious movements of gold,the French design was chosen and orders placed.Even though this country was under the grip of a brutal soul-less empire,some free trade was permitted,so they signed a deal.One country in an empire that controlled everything,allowed to sign a deal with a country that was not in the empire,surely the age of miracles was upon us!

Right,enough of that.A country in the EU signs a trade deal with a country outside the EU,as we will be in April next year.What is so hard for you to understand??????

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I don't see the point of this. Remain will win this vote (because it did last time, and remain has got more popular since then), and anyway this message board doesn't reflect voting patterns of the country.

Indeed, most of England voted to leave, it's only really London and the surrounds and Brighton and a few other small pockets that voted to remain. Look at a map of voter results and London and Brighton really are not representative of the rest of the country.

Attachments

• map-uk-vote-brexit-download-map-uk-eu-referendum-results.png
    map-uk-vote-brexit-download-map-uk-eu-referendum-results.png
    80.4 KB · Views: 441

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Ho Ho Ho,what a comedian or comedienne,or however you identify,you or your carer are.I presume your avatar is what you really look like?

I don't think I'm that funny, but compared to certain half-wits on here I'm a complete f***ing comic genius :lolol:

Anyway, shouldn't you be at the pub (or did that clear out completely when you arrived ?)

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Your poll options are completely flawed, and doomed to inevitable failure. I'd predict that 'no deal' would poll the highest of the three options, though the combined total for 'soft Brexit' and 'stay in' would be significantly higher. The nation would have indicated a wish NOT to accept 'no deal', yet the hard-liners would still clutch at a 'victory'.

Nothing solved.

Yeah I don't think that Watford Zero thought that his poll would solve the Brexit lose/lose nightmare; I think he might of been doing it out of interest...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Why should there be a 2nd vote. If it ends up as 1-1, is it best of 3.? Where do you stop?

Haven't we already had two?

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
And i'm not saying there will be or should be :angel:

How would you vote ?

(Try and keep all discussion on the main Brexit thread here and we'll see how long this poll is allowed to run)

People seem to be giving you a bit of a hard time on this one! Anyway I voted and you'll never guess for which option. (In the Sky one that you've used, they allowed 2nd preferences but I don't think we have the software …………………..)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I don't think I'm that funny, but compared to certain half-wits on here I'm a complete f***ing comic genius :lolol:

Anyway, shouldn't you be at the pub (or did that clear out completely when you arrived ?)

Just had a quick birthday drink with an ex-colleague who had to go back to work,poor soul.Perhaps if you had any friends who lived in Great Britain you might get invited.....no,on second thoughts,probably not.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We’ve actually already had 2 referendums on Europe, so another would be the 3rd.
And before anyone says that we didn’t know we were voting for the Eu then, we didn’t know much more this time

I've seen this argument going round.

First referendum was 1975
Second referendum was 2016
It therefore makes sense to have the third referendum in 2057.

Happy now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here