Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Indeed no deal still means big bill, but Brexiteers have failed to grasp that.

If you mean the European Union (Withdrawal) Bill, then I think the term f***ing humongous is more accurate than big :lolol:

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
That may or may not be the case but I was responding to nicko31 wetting his pants believing the lords are preventing Brexit - they are not so his sad little hopes will be dashed.

I think we both know that is the case, but your 'sad little hopes' still alive and well ? :angel:

(I didn't have any sad little hopes, as I think it was fairly obvious from day 1 what would happen, so there was little point hoping one way or the other. And I haven't seen anything in the last 2 years to change that)

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The RCN is a trade union. The NMC is the registering body.

The RCN knows who's paying their subs and, well, that's it.

I'm an RGN and my registration is £120 quid. Why not just say to UK trained nurses that registration is free, only overseas nurses, who get a £4K signing on fee from a lot of trusts, should pay?

You'd get a lot more trained UK nurses who have left for childcare or whatever, returning if their fees were paid.

If we need trained nurses why are we asking them to pay to work?

If we want more UK trained nurses why have we got rid of the training bursary?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As I've just posted on the TSB thread, it appears there may be some senior IT people imminently becoming available.

If they are recruited and put straight onto the Ireland/Northern Ireland 'Technical' solution, do you think I should re-consider my views on the implementation timescales :lolol:

Tick Tock

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
As I've just posted on the TSB thread, it appears there may be some senior IT people imminently becoming available.

If they are recruited and put straight onto the Ireland/Northern Ireland 'Technical' solution, do you think I should re-consider my views on the implementation timescales :lolol:

Tick Tock

There's getting the new CDS for HMRC and Settled Status for The Home Office up and running and in on time as well, so there's plenty of overtime available for them if they want it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That may or may not be the case but I was responding to nicko31 wetting his pants believing the lords are preventing Brexit - they are not so his sad little hopes will be dashed.

If nothing else, Brexit is clearly exposing our democracy as being dysfunctional.
We are pursuing a course of action not wanted by a majority of Parliament, because a slim majority in an advisory referendum wanted to "restore" sovereignty to Parliament. The Lords, part of the parliament, is advised to be ignored by the Commons, because it is just advisory.
The government can only ensure it has a majority vote due to a Billion quid being handed over to the budget of a region of the UK in return for support from ten DUP MP's, a party that opposes marriages for homosexuals and Abortion, and has kept these illegal in Northern Ireland, in difference to the rest of the UK, but is opposed to a solution to the Eire/N.I border issue that results in different EU customs arrangement for Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK because it is so important to be no different to anywhere else in the UK. No one knows quite where this money will come from, but it isn't the magic money tree, as the PM has told us we don't have one.
The EU research group (Hardline Brexiteers) via the mouth of Rees-Mogg issue threats to the Lords and the PM, regarding their political futures, if they vote, or act with their own conscience of what they believe to be best for the UK, and anyone who pushes for the law to be followed in the process, is probably a traitor.

Meanwhile, whilst democracy may be going awry, we are leaving the bureaucratic monster behind and showing how a more relaxed approach to details works, we destroy the records of migrants we invited here from the West indies, then ask them to produce documents they were never given, and we create an app for migrants to register with, that doesn't work on apple i-phones.
Telling EU citizens living here not to worry, and they will be sorted, seems a bit hollow.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
If nothing else, Brexit is clearly exposing our democracy as being dysfunctional.
We are pursuing a course of action not wanted by a majority of Parliament, because a slim majority in an advisory referendum wanted to "restore" sovereignty to Parliament. The Lords, part of the parliament, is advised to be ignored by the Commons, because it is just advisory.
The government can only ensure it has a majority vote due to a Billion quid being handed over to the budget of a region of the UK in return for support from ten DUP MP's, a party that opposes marriages for homosexuals and Abortion, and has kept these illegal in Northern Ireland, in difference to the rest of the UK, but is opposed to a solution to the Eire/N.I border issue that results in different EU customs arrangement for Northern Ireland than the rest of the UK because it is so important to be no different to anywhere else in the UK. No one knows quite where this money will come from, but it isn't the magic money tree, as the PM has told us we don't have one.
The EU research group (Hardline Brexiteers) via the mouth of Rees-Mogg issue threats to the Lords and the PM, regarding their political futures, if they vote, or act with their own conscience of what they believe to be best for the UK, and anyone who pushes for the law to be followed in the process, is probably a traitor.

Meanwhile, whilst democracy may be going awry, we are leaving the bureaucratic monster behind and showing how a more relaxed approach to details works, we destroy the records of migrants we invited here from the West indies, then ask them to produce documents they were never given, and we create an app for migrants to register with, that doesn't work on apple i-phones.
Telling EU citizens living here not to worry, and they will be sorted, seems a bit hollow.

You remind me why the Tories have only held one majority government since 1997 and that only lasted 2 years. They are not really governing, just putting fires out, sometimes with petrol

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Sorry, the drawbridge has already been pulled up.

Funny that.Nobody told the two senior nurses from the Zimbabwe Nursing Council visiting Heartlands.Or Tier 2 visas being impossible to get for nurses.

nurse.png

Jan 30, 2008
Technically yes. But as custom dictates, due to the daft unwritten constitution, I didn’t think this was the case apart from very specific legislation? Ie the protocol/custom is that legislation should have Lords approval? Otherwise what’s the point of the Lords?

I guess I could Google this but I can’t be arsed.
nice place for an afternoon nap to fill in the hours
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
you won't be laughing when the UK leaves the EU:)
regards
DR

You're right. But I wonder, after the short-term triumphalism how many of us will be laughing. I was up in the North East this week, a Brexit heartland and also one of the areas predicted to come out of the process pretty badly. It looked grim enough now and (trying not to be a southern patronising git) I wondered what it might look like in a few years time. If by some miracle Brexit can deliver some net benefit to that part of the world then fair play. But who really believes this will be the case?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Funny that.Nobody told the two senior nurses from the Zimbabwe Nursing Council visiting Heartlands.Or Tier 2 visas being impossible to get for nurses.

Not impossible, but with a monthly limit of less than 2,000 in total for The UK it can be a bit tricky for anyone, not just The NHS, recruiting someone from outside The EEA or Switzerland on a Tier 2 visa.

Incidentally, I still read a few Batswana newspapers and there's another more fundamental problem with your idea of The NHS recruiting the 10,000 sacked Zimbabwean nurses - they're not sacked anymore. They've been unsacked and have all been back at work all week.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
BBC South East Today just revealed that neither David Davis or any of his Brexit ministers have yet to actually visit The Port of Dover.

Tick-Tock and all that.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
you won't be laughing when the UK leaves the EU:)
regards
DR

For once you have got something right, nobody will be laughing when we leave except the other EU countries, at us.
I am laughing but only at the people that believe that our Government can actually carry this farce out.
Amber Rudd is having a bad week, she is now not sure if we are going to stay in the customs union or not, Tories furious with her, she then changes her mind and says the complete opposite as she should have made herself clearer.
These negotiations should be held on the stage of The Whitehall Theatre, with Brian Rix interrupting and dropping his trousers.

Jan 30, 2008
TICK TOCK TICK TOCK, keep your chins up, the vote was to leave and that's what's happening, you can carry on kidding yourself , its just a few die hards who are buying into the fact we aren't:)
regards
DR

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Unemployment is at lowest level since 1975. significantly, just 25% of unemployed people have been jobless for more than a year. This is lower than at any time in the 80s or 90s, boom or bust. The equivalent figure is 44% France, 58% Italy and 72% Greece.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here