Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I was born European and British. I remain that. I am not running, people who are giving up HALF their identity are runny away.

Of course you have. You constantly bitch about the UK, the housing, the education, the old people etc and you LEFT the UK rather than stay and try and improve the things you bitch and grizzle about. THAT's running away.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Still looking forward to the "Red, White and Blue" Brexit great deal for Britain. Any news on this?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
How is it running away? The UK wants to help 60m (ish) people. The EU wants to help and order of magnitude more. I will go where I can effect and improve the lives of the most of my fellow people.

You don't half talk some old bollocks. So what magnificent tasks are you going to complete to 'improve the lives of the most of' your 'fellow people' ?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Looks like the Tories are going to nominate 10 new peers for the House of Lords in an attempt to shore up their position. No doubt all pro-Brexit, another example of how this weak government are yet again trying to undermine democracy, desperate times for them....

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Not cast them off by leaving them. Defend their, and our basic rights, like free education, free movement and free healthcare.

So you're going to do nothing in other words.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
I am doing more than the brexit brigade who are casting off hundreds of millions of people as they think it might, possibly, be better for themselves. It is pathetic, weak and lazy.

I voted Brexit. The only time I have ever voted and the more people like you whinge and whine, I'm even more happy I voted Brexit.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
. It is pathetic, weak and lazy.

As is avoiding actually answering a question. So I'll ask you again - what EXACTLY are YOU doing to help all these people you speak of ? Running for office ? Doing charity work ? Joining a campaign group to try and change something ?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
A fair point in many ways. But some of us framed Brexit as a 'lose-lose' from the outset and saw this (or something very similar) coming. As for your 'behind the scenes' comments, I think you might well have a point and I suspect that the 27 national governments might well 'have a view' which might yet influence outcomes although I'm not sure how. But let's be honest here: the Brexit campaign massively overplayed this card. In this respect the position of the Irish government is interesting as if you look at their trade pattern then the UK is their 'most significant other' but it hasn't stopped them playing hardball over the border issue.

Trouble is every twist and turn of a predictably complicated and difficult negotiation process is being jumped on and in many cases willfully misinterpreted to suit preconceived positions/score points. I prefer to wait until a final deal is actually agreed (if we get to that point) before giving a view.

I think the Brexit campaign were replying in kind responding to the rather hysterical project fear lines about leaving the EU meant end of trade/no access to the single market etc The Irish and the EU are certainly playing hardball it will be interesting to see if this continues as the deadlines draw closer and real economic damage (bad for the EU overall probably worse for the UK and catastrophic for Ireland + other individual EU countries) is on the cards. This is also why saying a no deal scenario was an option and preparing for it if pushed too far was important. If the other sides believe we will cave in, come what 'may' we would always get bullied and end up being mugged off.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
You mean like free movement. I would like to change it, now go and ask the EU for the answer. This is the core of the problem, the EU don't listen. It's not us leavers that are the problem. End of story.

Strange how you mention free movement, probably without even thinking about it, you could have mentioned so many other things the EU do, but you choose free movement.
I know the main reason this country voted leave and it's a crying shame.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Typical remainer.Realise they have lost the argument and are talking utter drivel,so resort to personal abuse.I have tried to stay polite,but you really are a 'chopper'.You consider over a million votes a very small majority?No wonder you believed all Osborne's rubbish,you yokel.:hilton:

I didn't believe either side, because unlike you I have the ability to think.
I just knew our MP's would make a total mess of it.
It's utter cretins like you that have shit between your ears that cannot see what a joke the whole thing is.
Your post makes you out to be about 13, am I right, or do you have special needs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here