Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
[MENTION=11191]Pretty pink fairy[/MENTION]
[MENTION=17469]melias shoes[/MENTION]
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION]

off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others, but they don't seem to post so much these days :lolol:

(melias shoes is a recent convert having been 'Canada deal all day long' until I explained to him what the Canada deal entailed and how long it took :facepalm:)

It's because I'm bored. You having a hissy. You ask people what they want. They tell you. You rip into them like the remainer that you are. I don't particularly blame you for that. After all you want to stay. I've told you what I want.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They have also got rid of a lot of long term leases on major offices over the last 10 years as a result of cutting back on administration and austerity

think you'll find thats a result of a decades long aim to push government departments out of expensive central London office and to regional offices with increased employment. the only reason they were kept on at all was "just in case" future government reversed that policy, so government was leasing lots of empty, very expensive space.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Or just maybe they could join the modern business world and use remote working thus making huge savings on leases. I know central and local government are generally run by simpletons but there is really no need for huge office blocks and expensive leases anymore.

It's not just government. I remember working for a London-based company about 10 years ago. Their lease was up and they had to find a new property. I told the FD that, rather than look for a big central London building that would hold 150 people, they should get a couple of smaller offices on the fringes of London and get people working from home two or three times a week - it would have saved massively on their biggest overhead. Naturally, he didn't listen and moved into a massive new building (even more expensive than the previous one), with (I think) a 20-year lease.

Hundreds of companies will do the same thing - it's the big swinging dick syndrome.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And what's wrong with having a Minister for suicide prevention?

Two days after mental health day, and I read comments like yours.

We have a Minister for Health. Mental health is just as important as physical health, but has been so neglected by that department a now requires a catch up ministry. Shameful by the government.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It's because I'm bored. You having a hissy. You ask people what they want. They tell you. You rip into them like the remainer that you are. I don't particularly blame you for that. After all you want to stay. I've told you what I want.

Of course you did, and then I 'ripped into you' by explaining what it was you said you wanted

I'd take the Canada model all day long.

So the 7 years it took to negotiate it (and the the Canada deal still isn't fully operational), mainly goods based with very little on services, a hard border in NI and new border checks at all borders to ensure all British goods meet EU regulatory standards in which we would have no say (And WTO to replace all other EU trading agreements with the rest of the world) ?

And 6 months to put it in place. Good luck with that

I can see that you have put a lot of thought into this :lolol:

Just goes to show that dealing with the eu is a waste of time. 7years ffs. Still not implemented. Just as Well we're leaving then.

And now you want 'no deal'. That went well then :lolol:

Last edited:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Of course you did, and then I 'ripped into you' by explaining what it was you said you wanted

And now you want 'no deal'. That went well then :lolol:

You need to get a hobby or something. Perhaps this is your hobby. Sitting there at your pc/tablet all day everyday. All in the vain hope that you can stop this. Go out and enjoy yourself.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Give it a ****ing rest Sky! "Eurostar could be disrupted and Britons could lose Netflix and Spotify if there is no deal" **** off you scaremongering twats!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Give it a ****ing rest Sky! "Eurostar could be disrupted and Britons could lose Netflix and Spotify if there is no deal" **** off you scaremongering twats!

The Netflix and Spotify things sound a bit silly, but can you explain how you think Eurostar could possibly NOT be 'disrupted' by the new requirement to passport check every arriving passenger??

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You need to get a hobby or something. Perhaps this is your hobby. Sitting there at your pc/tablet all day everyday. All in the vain hope that you can stop this. Go out and enjoy yourself.

I don't think he thinks he can stop this. He merely thinks that anyone who has tried to explain how Brexit will work in our favour have been shown to be wrong, which is annoying to say the least. It isn't terribly usful to respond to this with various different types of scorn. There are some on here whose line sems to be 'ha ha, you lost, everything will be great and, er if it all turns out to be horrible, I don't care'. School playground stuff. Oh well.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

The Netflix and Spotify things sound a bit silly, but can you explain how you think Eurostar could possibly NOT be 'disrupted' by the new requirement to passport check every arriving passenger??

Disruption will be something we will have to adapt to, for Christ sake people should be checked coming into or out of a country.

Jan 30, 2008
Disruption will be something we will have to adapt to, for Christ sake people should be checked coming into or out of a country.
YEP ,but the do gooders just want anyone to stroll into and out of the country but fortunately that's coming to an end real soon, FALL IN LINE AND LET'S CHECK YOUR PASSPORTS
regards
DR

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

You seem to be having an argument with yourself. On the one hand you say that Sky are scaremongering tw**s for reporting that Eurostar could be disrupted and on the other you say that it's a jolly good thing and something we should get used to. You can't have it both ways surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here