Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Inflation down, record employment wages on the up never been better

Wages growing slower than inflation and sterling lower, a double whammy for the hard working people in the U.K. The U.K. at the bottom of the growth table, and an international embarrassment in the way we treat “foreigners”. Yeah, well done

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I think as with most things it will be a fudge using clever language to satisfy both sides and will effectively be a soft border using some technology.

What technology though? As I said before, David Davis was waxing lyrical about a “tech-and-trust” approach at some dinner he was at not realising a VP from one of the big logistics companies was within ear shot. It was a bit embarrassing when the VP chap showed interest in this new and unheard of tech he was talking about.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh shut up you bleating bellends.

If we start offering another referendum we will get nailed to the wall.

Just look up " negotiating strategy" and stop going on about a rerun before we reach a settlement with the EU.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Wages growing slower than inflation and sterling lower, a double whammy for the hard working people in the U.K. The U.K. at the bottom of the growth table, and an international embarrassment in the way we treat “foreigners”. Yeah, well done

Faster than inflation in the last month. Don't let the good news ruin your hatred for anything positive though. Sterling back to 2016 levels against the dollar all good news

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Faster than inflation in the last month. Don't let the good news ruin your hatred for anything positive though. Sterling back to 2016 levels against the dollar all good news

:lolol:

I think is what one calls being very selective.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

They invested so much time and effort in project fear they have to keep pretending it all came true ... bless em. :mad: :dunce: :tantrum:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Getting back on track. I trust the EU will now play hard ball on EU citizen’s rights and ensure the ECJ has final say over them in perpetuity. British government simply can’t be trusted on this matter.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Oh shut up you bleating bellends.

If we start offering another referendum we will get nailed to the wall.

Just look up " negotiating strategy" and stop going on about a rerun before we reach a settlement with the EU.

Because the EU hasn't been able to predict our brilliant negotiation strategy to date :facepalm:

We've got them right where we want them after phase 1

larus

:lolol:

I think is what one calls being very selective.

Oh, the irony of a remainer.

It’s not just one set of figures. The figures for the UK econmy are, in general, quite good. Unlike the EU, we don’t still need QE. And you problem is you always reply from your position in Germany and not taking the state of the EU with it’s huge problems, such as Target 2 liabilities, or youth unemployment, or the rise of the right in Austria, France, Germany, populist politicians in Italy who want to abandon the Growth & Stability pact, etc., etc..

larus

Getting back on track. I trust the EU will now play hard ball on EU citizen’s rights and ensure the ECJ has final say over them in perpetuity. British government simply can’t be trusted on this matter.

And it was Labour who decided that the landing cards should be destroyed :lol:.

ECJ can swivel - when we leave, we’re out.

And, if they EU don’t play nice, then I hope the government tells them to stick the ‘divorce bill’. Then see Germany squeal about the budget deficit even more.

And Euro clearing is not a major business to the City, and there aren’t going to be tens of thousands of job losses. The reality behind all the public pronouncements is that it will be virtually business as usual for the City. A few thousand jobs created in the EU, but the real work still done here. I know you wants the believe the technoprats in the EU, but they are full of BS.

D

Deleted member 22389

It’s not just one set of figures. The figures for the UK econmy are, in general, quite good. Unlike the EU, we don’t still need QE. And you problem is you always reply from your position in Germany and not taking the state of the EU with it’s huge problems, such as Target 2 liabilities, or youth unemployment, or the rise of the right in Austria, France, Germany, populist politicians in Italy who want to abandon the Growth & Stability pact, etc., etc..

You forgot Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic who will not accept the EU's ridiculous migrant quotas system. Never a word from the remainers on this one either. They can tart the EU as much as they like,but 17M could see right through the bullshit.

larus

Yeah and you give a typical snowflake brexit response. "Oh look problems in the EU. Should we help? Nah, **** that, lets run and hide in our safe space"

I don’t think you can accuse Brexit voters of being snowflakes. We’re not the ones panicking. We’re the ones waiting for the eventual exit from the beaurocracy of the EU.
We don’t want to run away. We just want to be an independent, free trading, open country. It’s the EU who want to ‘punish’ us for leaving to deter other countries.

Anyway, just keep waiting until the EURO collapses - be that in a year or 10, but it will. Then you’ll be glad we’re out, although the effects will be much worse than Lehman brothers.

larus

You forgot Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic who will not accept the EU's ridiculous migrant quotas system. Never a word from the remainers on this one either. They can tart the EU as much as they like,but 17M could see right through the bullshit.

Sorry, my bad. I could have mentioned Greece, Spain, Portugal and their problems. Or the high level of polls which are showing Anti EU feelings. It just seems cruel to the remainers though to keep reminding them of the many, many problems with the ‘wonderful’ happy club :lol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think your time and energy would be best spent concentrating on your own country given the chaos it’s in. Don’t worrying about us, we’ll look after ourselves.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It is the definition of sbowflakeismsm: the eu has problems, can't take the fact that others have some say in what we do, don't want to fight to change things...so run off.

'Broflake' is the phrase you're looking for.

larus

'Broflake' is the phrase you're looking for.

Maybe Corbynflake describes you then. Corbyn, the guy who thinks Syria can be cured by UN resolutions, when Russia is linked to Syria and has a veto. And he wants to be PM :lol:.

Even now, with the shambles of May Labour can’t get ahead in the polls. Oppositions (genuine ones) usually have a substantial lead during a parliament, and this narrows closer to an election. But no, this guy is Micheal Foot reincarnate and you still support him.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here