Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
What? Why is it any different? Oh, yes, I remember you are all for restricting the movent of people.

Now I wonder how flying internally within the USA and internally within the EU could be different ? Hmmm .......

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Has any else noticed that our first extension of EU membership (full fees, no input) has had it's name changed from 'Implementation' to 'Transition'.

It couldn't be that we are finally seeing a bit of forward planning, and realise they may need names for further extensions to membership down the line. After all, if we leave it at Implementation we've really only got Post Implementation Support (phase 1) left haven't we :lolol:

Should we have a poll to name the next extension(s) to EU membership ?

It’s to be called

Further
Undecided
Conversations on
Keeping
European
Diktats

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
You now admit that this kind of thing happening under no deal would make the UK fail as a country. Well, at least we agree on that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Don't be ridiculous.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Blimey. You and JC back at the same time. Have you been away together?

Afraid not.The only seagulls I came across were these noisy shitehawks!

turkgull.pngturkgull.png

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Why should moving within a visa free freedom of movement area be any different?

Go on then ..... go and get a return flight to Paris. Good luck in not showing your passport at both ends on each leg of the journey.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Go on then ..... go and get a return flight to Paris. Good luck in not showing your passport at both ends on each leg of the journey.

Can I join in? I’m going to Prague next weekend and won’t be needing my passport.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Can I join in? I’m going to Prague next weekend and won’t be needing my passport.

BUT you would if you were flying to and from the UK to Prague. Of course you knew that the conversation started about passport checks on Eurostar coming in after Brexit when in fact they are already there ..... but you're feigning ignorance to the background of the posts no doubt.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
When the Tory right wing press can't admit backing Brexit was backing the wrong horse, they announced they'd rather back Corbyn instead.

https://nam-dev-cdn.awspreprod.tele...abbage-leader-has-damned-us-miserable-defeat/

They've run out of ideas and run of people to blame
A good right wing ranter is Letts. As he says, hardly anyone wants the miserable Brexit we're on course to get. His mistake, probably intentional, is to say that what the people want is a proper high octane Brexit. Little evidence of this. The combined results of dozens of polls haven't shown a majority for Brexit (all varieties from Norway to No deal) since March 2017. Remain remains measurably ahead.

Hence the venom of the No Vote on the Deal shouters.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why should moving within a visa free freedom of movement area be any different?

free movement is about the rights you have in the member nations. passports and borders are covered by Schengen which UK (and Ireland) are not in.
one would think you understood the institutions you wanted to remain in.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
free movement is about the rights you have in the member nations. passports and borders are covered by Schengen which UK (and Ireland) are not in.
one would think you understood the institutions you wanted to remain in.

Free movement - of capital, goods, services *and* labour - is the basis of the single market, not the EU.

One would think you understood the institutions you want to leave.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
BUT you would if you were flying to and from the UK to Prague. Of course you knew that the conversation started about passport checks on Eurostar coming in after Brexit when in fact they are already there ..... but you're feigning ignorance to the background of the posts no doubt.

Funny everywhere I've been in the EU and that is most countries I have had to show my passport both ends. In other words queue up to get in

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Funny everywhere I've been in the EU and that is most countries I have had to show my passport both ends. In other words queue up to get in

Because we're not in Schengen and you're coming into the Schengen zone from outside. Once you're inside, it's the same as it is for everyone else. Did a train trip including Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia & Italy a few years ago and only had to show a passport on landing at Berlin.

The queues are much shorter for EU citizens than third-country residents, btw.

By the by, do you know why the UK is not in Schengen?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Because we're not in Schengen and you're coming into the Schengen zone from outside. Once you're inside, it's the same as it is for everyone else. Did a train trip including Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovenia & Italy a few years ago and only had to show a passport on landing at Berlin.

The queues are much shorter for EU citizens than third-country residents, btw.

By the by, do you know why the UK is not in Schengen?

It wouldn't be one of the cherries that was picked by the last 40 years of UK governments of all political hues to ensure that we had the best deal in the EU, was it?

(Obviously before the pig shagger came along and decided to give up the last 40 years of negotiations in order to keep himself in power?)

Well, that went well didn't it :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here