Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great work Tories.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So the vote has been pulled ...... more delays making the new referendum even less likely ( good ! ) ..... and no deal still a possibility. And before Watford starts with his preaching, no deal is a possiblitiy if no decisions are made. There was an interesting article on the BBC website over the weekend that highlighted no deal could happen by default ..... regardless of the technical challenges ...... 109 days to sort a solution !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
May needs to go now, she is part of the problem.

The rumour is the vote will be delayed, what for? It’s pointless delaying it. Nothings going to change.And I hope the EU play hard on their no further negotiation stance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN Tories intended to vote against the deal.

:lolol:

No wonder she’s pulled it. So, what next? EU say this is the final deal. May has a deal which has **** all support. Cabinet openly saying over weekend second referendum is an option. Even someone as pig-shit thick as [MENTION=14132]Two Professors[/MENTION] can see what the common sense pragmatic route it.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So the vote has been pulled ...... more delays making the new referendum even less likely ( good ! ) ..... and no deal still a possibility. And before Watford starts with his preaching, no deal is a possiblitiy if no decisions are made. There was an interesting article on the BBC website over the weekend that highlighted no deal could happen by default ..... regardless of the technical challenges ...... 109 days to sort a solution !

As if :lolol:

Parliament would pull it before that date and, even if they didn't, we would be back in the EU under 'emergency measures' within the week. Even your friend JCFG has stated that.

But, if I am wrong and we 'fall' into no deal, what will happen with the first lorry off a ferry at Dover on 30th March ?

Very simply, how will we decide where it's from, what it's cargo is and whether we should charge a tariff or not, or indeed, whether we should even let it in ? Who will decide that, and once they've decided, how do we make the relevant charges and record our results, pen and paper ?

(Not forgetting that Russia has already stopped all our negotiations within WTO last month)

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
As if :lolol:

Parliament would pull it before that date and, even if they didn't, we would be back in the EU under 'emergency measures' within the week. Even your friend JCFG has stated that.

But, if I am wrong and we 'fall' into no deal, what will happen with the first lorry off a ferry at Dover on 30th March ?

Very simply, how will we decide where it's from, what it's cargo is and whether we should charge a tariff or not, or indeed, whether we should even let it in ? Once we've decided that how do we charge and record our results, pen and paper ?

Go on then, what are these 'emergency measures' ? I thought you agreed that the EU's final stance was as it is now and so why would they agree to any 'emergency measures' ? Revoking A50 would require an act of parliament. Two issues with that currently - 109 days with a Christmas break - a VERY short time to write and approve legislation. Also parliament is utterly divided, even if there was a vote to recind there's no guarentee it would pass.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Go on then, what are these 'emergency measures' ? I thought you agreed that the EU's final stance was as it is now and so why would they agree to any 'emergency measures' ? Revoking A50 would require an act of parliament. Two issues with that currently - 109 days with a Christmas break - a VERY short time to write and approve legislation. Also parliament is utterly divided, even if there was a vote to recind there's no guarentee it would pass.

So you think I am wrong. Fairy Muff. ('Emergency measures' was JCFG's term for keeping things exactly as present so he didn't have to admit it meant staying in the EU). I would just call it pulling article 50.

So what will happen with the first lorry off a ferry at Dover on 30th March ?

Very simply, how will we decide where it's from, what it's cargo is and whether we should charge a tariff or not, or indeed, whether we should even let it in ? Who will decide that, and once they've decided, how do we make the relevant charges and record our results, pen and paper ?

(Not forgetting that Russia has already stopped all our negotiations within WTO last month)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here