Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
On the one hand good riddance to a smarmy prick who proved that he had absolutely no idea what he was doing. A chancing spiv who was all bluster with nothing to back it up. Should have gone months ago.

On the other hand, what a mess. Or rather, even more of a mess. There have never been a more clueless bunch of self serving knobheads in charge of our country.

A shambles, but whoever was going to be 'burdened' with dealing with Brexit would be faced with a really shitty job; hence all the talk of polishing turds!
The Government may well have their share of knobheads, but if Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott ever get the chance to run/ ruin the country , then we really will be in the shit.
Those damn' turds again!:eek:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Given the recent months I would hope, and it’s a desperate hope I concede, that both parties would have a seriously long hard look at themselves and the situation we are in, and put something sensible on the table. The current situation, from both parties, is a total ****ing mess and something has to change. This cannot carry on. And the British public should not let it carry on.

It seemed to me, that the solution just put on the table was something sensible.

It was a middle-ground option that seemed to address the NI border problem, the threat of huge loss of manufacturing jobs, whilst ending free movement and allowing us to negotiate our own trade deals. It wasn't good enough for those on the hard brexit side, and its not good enough for those on the no-brexit side, which suggests to me that it struck the right balance.

maybe, if May is strong enough (ha!) she can push this through. No better time to sack Johnson, either.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
2) What illegal funding are you referring to? The 600k attributed to the Leave campaign or the £9m of taxpayers money spent by Cameron and Osborne on flooding the country with pro-Remain leaflets, with no consultation.

the legality of the government spending on campaigning isn't questioned, nor explained.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good to see all sides coming together and listening to the opposing position.

...hahahaha only joking, as you were.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
It seemed to me, that the solution just put on the table was something sensible.

It was a middle-ground option that seemed to address the NI border problem, the threat of huge loss of manufacturing jobs, whilst ending free movement and allowing us to negotiate our own trade deals. It wasn't good enough for those on the hard brexit side, and its not good enough for those on the no-brexit side, which suggests to me that it struck the right balance.

maybe, if May is strong enough (ha!) she can push this through. No better time to sack Johnson, either.

it will be interesting if Labour see it as a sensible option and if so do they support or oppose for the sake of opposition. while both parties are split on europe the rump of both seem to want something fairly similar, a weak washed out exit in name to honor the referendum outcome. if they can agree around a plan, rebels from both sides dont matter much.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I agree. I now hope both sides can just agree and crack on

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Sensibly plan for WTO/No Deal and then tell the EU what the terms are. If they want to negotiate in good faith then OK. If not, then their choice. But we can cut back on our sharing of Five Eyes data etc. If they want to play silly buggers over Galileo etc.

So, how far does your 'sensible planning' go?

Do we build a border in NI?
Do we put in customs posts?
Do we start building lorry parks at all ports?
Do we start setting up customs facilities at all ports and airports?
Do we employ companies to start designing, building and testing the IT systems required for WTO rules and tariffs?
Do we start employing and training the huge number of staff to administer all of this?

After all, we will want the EU to think we are serious about this :facepalm:

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It wouldn't surprise me at all if May goes this week with most of her big guns lining up to stab her in the back.

Then we will have a GE, labour will probably get in and then we will have Kier Starmer negotiating from exactly the same position as we have now, as it isn't blatantly obvious that the Labour Party does not want brexit and certainly doesn't want to come out of the customers union and will not comment on the Northern Ireland issue( which we all know corbyn's ira sympathies)

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It wouldn't surprise me at all if May goes this week with most of her big guns lining up to stab her in the back.

Then we will have a GE, labour will probably get in and then we will have Kier Starmer negotiating from exactly the same position as we have now, as it isn't blatantly obvious that the Labour Party does not want brexit and certainly doesn't want to come out of the customers union and will not comment on the Northern Ireland issue( which we all know corbyn's ira sympathies)
1 - We've all been thinking that daily, for months.
B - I don't believe we have to have a GE due to leadership change.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
1 - We've all been thinking that daily, for months.
B - I don't believe we have to have a GE due to leadership change.

and
iii. there is nothing to suggest Labour could win a majority or even be the largest party.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I imagine this is the first of a few as the reality of the situation hits home.

He should have been sacked after openly lying, unfortunately he has gone on his terms.

The country should never forget why we are in this mess and that’s Boris/Gove/Davis who will blame everyone else.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

May won't sack Johnson, because she needs to keep her enemy closer still, as the saying goes.

A vote of no confidence in Theresa? A leadership challenge?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely there needs to be another election, if ever there was a lack of confidence in a government it is now. This government is a shambles.

Given the shambles we are in actually a good idea

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If a GE is called - smiling Nigel will be back at the helm of the purple party and his rhetoric this time will be even further off the scale.

But now that 'no deal' has been revealed as a total sham, I wonder what his approach would be ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given the shambles we are in actually a good idea
and a hung parliament would make things better?

There won't be a GE, that would require turkey's having to vote for Christmas.

All this 'enemies close'; seems a bit of a red herring to me, politicians aren't going to rock the boat to the point of capsizing because they can't guarantee they won't drown as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here