Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's why if The Withdrawal Agreement is defeated next month, the Government will need parliamentary approval to proceed with no deal, because if they attempt to without it, they will fall. Just as a result of today's non-committal cabinet meeting, 3 Tories including Nick Boles, have indicated they'll resign the whip.They'll be quite a few more of them next month if they indicate they are, including from cabinet.
That only works if there is a vote of no confidence ( 2/3rds of MPs) and someone like Cable being able to form a Government of national unity of partyless and other MPs and so be in a position to write the Article 50 revocation letter.

Jan 30, 2008
I'm sure you can't because you really don't understand what no deal entails do you? Never mind Northern Ireland and everything else - Have a little think about what shortages of goods, acquisitive crime rising, panic buying etc will entail as the logistical supply chain grinds to a halt across the country.

But hey, if that's what you advocate.
IS THERE ANY TIME SCALE YOU CAN PREDICT FOR THIS MELT DOWN, are we going back to an ice age, will we be living in caves, will there be a zombie outbreak ???
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
That only works if there is a vote of no confidence ( 2/3rds of MPs) and someone like Cable being able to form a Government of national unity of partyless and other MPs and so be in a position to write the Article 50 revocation letter.

All bets are off if the Withdrawal Agreement is voted down and the Government attempt to proceed with no deal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A painful bout of shitehouseary from old Diggers.

[tweet]1074683987338190848[/tweet]

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I don't need to - an England game and a Premier League game, among others, got postponed during the riots in 2011 - as I've said, no deal will make that look like the Teddy bears picnic.

It has amazed me just how far the British public can be pushed by the establishment where as our nearest cousins who do not have the same class divide instead are more prone to civil unrest

A revolution not by force but through real democracy could change our society for the common good it's been long overdue to sweep away our class ridden society

Jan 30, 2008
It has amazed me just how far the British public can be pushed by the establishment where as our nearest cousins who do not have the same class divide instead are more prone to civil unrest

A revolution not by force but through real democracy could change our society for the common good it's been long overdue to sweep away our class ridden society
YES, THE SAME OLD ESTABLISHMENT WHO COULDN'T ACCEPT THE DEMOCRATIC RESULT TO LEAVE THE EU and have spent the last two years trying de rail it because they know best and everyone else was wrong , tossers !!!
regards
DR

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's frightening how much money is being wasted on a No Deal exit when it's quite clear that it will never happen, of course it could be explained if someone , somewhere was making a tidy bit of cash out of it, someone like say Mr Phillip May

All the big players will look to clean up on the stock market and the value of the Pound come March, trebles all round ! well, for a select few.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Equally we never charged the Roman, Saxon, Angle, Dute, Dane of Norman visitors we have had in the past sadly it's the ramblings of an old man

I genuinely believe the people that lap up this kind of jingoistic nonsense are mentally deficient.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
IS THERE ANY TIME SCALE YOU CAN PREDICT FOR THIS MELT DOWN, are we going back to an ice age, will we be living in caves, will there be a zombie outbreak ???
regards
DR

The NPoCC report last year was saying up to 3 months afterwards and spoke of "widespread leave embargoes" and said the "necessity to call on military assistance is a real possibility" which Gavin Williamson has kindly confirmed today for them with the 3500 announcement.

Tick-tock.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't think this has been posted before but, even it has, it's worth a read. It's a speech given by Ivan Rogers, UK's former ambassador to the EU, the guy who knows more about the inner workings of Brussels than anybody in the country.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2018/12/13/full-

It's a brilliant speech, that lays into Remainers and Leavers, Tories and Labour alike. But most of all, it exposes as complete idiots all those people who are calling for 'no deal' thinking that it would be OK.

Interestingly, he also points out that the trade agreements to follow will be even more complicated.

Basically, he thinks we're totally screwed - not necessarily through Brexit itself, but through our complete lack of preparation and our unseemingly haste to rush through the negotiations

I’d love to hear the No Deal merchants response to that. Not that they will read it. Something about not needing experts I expect.

Jan 30, 2008
The NPoCC report last year was saying up to 3 months afterwards and spoke of "widespread leave embargoes" and said the "necessity to call on military assistance is a real possibility" which Gavin Williamson has kindly confirmed today for them with the 3500 announcement.

Tick-tock.
So be it then, at least it ends 40 years of the common agricultural policy eh ?
regards
DR

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I don't think this has been posted before but, even it has, it's worth a read. It's a speech given by Ivan Rogers, UK's former ambassador to the EU, the guy who knows more about the inner workings of Brussels than anybody in the country.

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2018/12/13/full-

It's a brilliant speech, that lays into Remainers and Leavers, Tories and Labour alike. But most of all, it exposes as complete idiots all those people who are calling for 'no deal' thinking that it would be OK.

Interestingly, he also points out that the trade agreements to follow will be even more complicated.

Basically, he thinks we're totally screwed - not necessarily through Brexit itself, but through our complete lack of preparation and our unseemingly haste to rush through the negotiations

Thanks for posting.

And because so-called “WTO rules” deliver precisely no continuity in multiple key sectors of the economy, we could expect disruption on a scale and of a length that no-one has experienced in the developed world in the last couple of generations.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
yes, seems strange that we're leaving the EU on the 29th of march , any notable achievements you can think of after your two years of being in denial / moaning ? bye bye EU
regards
DR

You really are quite dumb aren't you? Confirmed by all of your "Leave means Leave", "In denial", "Moaning" nonsense. You need to engage that dormant organ between your ears once in a while if you want to be taken seriously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here