Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Apparently the government are sending letters to businesses telling them to 'be prepared'.

I didn't realise that they were taking 'no deal' THAT seriously :eek:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
No, we don't need to wait to see the accuracy, they calculated the potential reduction in the potential growth of our GDP if we got a deal far worse than what we will get, divided that by the number of UK households and then represented that as if it was a cost to each household, which it simply is not. It's just bullshit.

Don't be silly.
Well we don't actually know yet, because she hasn't agreed the trading terms, only the backstop.

You are either in the single market, or you are out. And if you are out and you want to trade, you only get what they are willing to give, you pay for it big time and you will find that they know exactly what they want in return. The terms of the deal will be weighted in their favour because they are several times bigger, it's always the way.

It's one of the (many) points at which the buccaneering Brexit fantasy comes face-to-face with the reality of Britain's actual significance in the modern scheme of things. Which is: ok, but not what it was and inexorably on the slide as other countries and blocs - China, India etc - grow and develop.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Apparently the government are sending letters to businesses telling them to 'be prepared'.

I didn't realise that they were taking 'no deal' THAT seriously :eek:

But with no specific details on what to actually be prepared for. (If you happened to be watching Sky News as well)

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
If it is a no deal, do all of our European players have to go home on the 28th march?

If it is, I reckon Sussex Police might have other things to do with their resources than police the Southampton game on the 30th though. (As will other police forces for other games)

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The government's primary duty should be acting to protect it's citizens, not putting them at increased risk. The government are failing in their primary duty.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The government's primary duty should be acting to protect it's citizens, not putting them at increased risk. The government are failing in their primary duty.
Yep.

And they can't rely on Corbyn being around forever to protect them from electoral wipeout.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's frightening how much money is being wasted on a No Deal exit when it's quite clear that it will never happen, of course it could be explained if someone , somewhere was making a tidy bit of cash out of it, someone like say Mr Phillip May
He'll be coining it.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

It's why if The Withdrawal Agreement is defeated next month, the Government will need parliamentary approval to proceed with no deal, because if they attempt to without it, they will fall. Just as a result of today's non-committal cabinet meeting, 3 Tories including Nick Boles, have indicated they'll resign the whip.They'll be quite a few more of them next month if they indicate they are, including from cabinet.

Last edited:

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
What government assurances? The government has carried out the policy that it said it was going to carry out and has offered very little in the way of assurances. The only one I've seen is that agriculture would get the same level of subsidies as it got from the EU, until 2022 but nothing else.

Were you involved with the meeting between the government and Nissan? The letter Nissan wrote is still felt too sensitive fo release under FOI isn’t it?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I don't need to - an England game and a Premier League game, among others, got postponed during the riots in 2011 - as I've said, no deal will make that look like the Teddy bears picnic.

Can't see it myself. Bad intolerant losers if so but hey if that's what you advocate

Jan 30, 2008
# in denial? No, I was addressing your error. A referendum is not legally binding no matter how many times you try polishing your Brexit turd.
yes, seems strange that we're leaving the EU on the 29th of march , any notable achievements you can think of after your two years of being in denial / moaning ? bye bye EU
regards
DR

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Can't see it myself. Bad intolerant losers if so but hey if that's what you advocate

I'm sure you can't because you really don't understand what no deal entails do you? Never mind Northern Ireland and everything else - Have a little think about what shortages of goods, acquisitive crime rising, panic buying etc will entail as the logistical supply chain grinds to a halt across the country.

But hey, if that's what you advocate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here