Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Let me guess, were the ministers in question Iain Duncan Smith, Boris Johnson, Michael Gove, Priti Patel..?

Jeez, if only there was some hint as to what might have been their motive for such an action...

no, european ministers, Polish PM and another were saying they wouldnt accept changes before they had even finished the conference.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Donald Tusk has not so much poured cold water over May's latest package of proposals as to hold them under an iceberg.

Is this just a playing hard-ball negotiating posture or are we heading for a Canada deal at best? When oh when are those German car manufactures we heard so much about from the Leaves prior to the referendum going to stop this silliness?? They will, won't they? Won't they?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The EU should be blamed. Cameron went to the EU looking for a deal before the referendum, they gave him nothing. That was the cue for me and many others to tick the box to Leave. We could see the EU wasn't going to change back then....

Right, so you are saying that if Cameron had been given an additional concession on, say, free movement then you would have voted Remain? (Actually, that is pretty much exactly what you’re implying.)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Donald Tusk has not so much poured cold water over May's latest package of proposals as to hold them under an iceberg.

Is this just a playing hard-ball negotiating posture or are we heading for a Canada deal at best? When oh when are those German car manufactures we heard so much about from the Leaves prior to the referendum going to stop this silliness?? They will, won't they? Won't they?

Taking cars as an example

The Germans ship about 25k cars a month to the UK but we export 120k mostly to Europe

Capture.JPG

The German factories would take a hit with tariffs and we'd have to pay more, but our factories very existence would be at risk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Taking cars as an example

The Germans ship about 25k cars a month to the UK but we export 120k mostly to Europe

View attachment 94944

The German factories would take a hit with tariffs and we'd have to pay more, but our factories very existence would be at risk

Clever stuff. But what you are forgetting my friend is that soon all of our car companies will re-locate to the EU and they'll sell EVEN MORE to us. So then we'll really have them over a barrel. Let's see who is laughing then...............

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Clever stuff. But what you are forgetting my friend is that soon all of our car companies will re-locate to the EU and they'll sell EVEN MORE to us. So then we'll really have them over a barrel. Let's see who is laughing then...............

Great for our balance of payments

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Who wants to focus on car assembly anyway when we can focus on tourism

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I hadn't seen that, but that's neither being a snide nor an unsuccessful attempt to be funny, that's just an abusive post, well done.

Which one haven't you seen, the liar or the f***wit and I'll try and find it for you :thumbsup:

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
The EU should be blamed. Cameron went to the EU looking for a deal before the referendum, they gave him nothing. That was the cue for me and many others to tick the box to Leave. We could see the EU wasn't going to change back then, so it's nothing new.

And we could go on all day about reforming from the inside by being a member, but that doesn't work either. The EU will never listen and the way the EU treats one of it's biggest contributors is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure at the end some deal will be done, but it won't really be what I voted for. I could moan about this for years, but there is absolutely no point.
What's important to me is we get some Unity back in this country again so everyone is happy, agreed.

Dream on about that, because it's not a split down the middle. The referendum gave the two extremes in British politics a rare chance to unite *against* the middle. The extreme left of Labour and the extreme right of the Tories have always been fellow-travellers on the anti-EU bus, and with Farage blowing his anti-immigrant dog-whistle at every opportunity, it got the Leave vote over the line - just.

The middle - moderate Labour/Tories and those in between, including a significant majority of MPs - is very much united in thinking that Brexit is the stupidest thing we have ever done, and will only be confirmed in that belief as the months and years go on and the full, catastrophic scale of our mistake becomes apparent.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The EU should be blamed. Cameron went to the EU looking for a deal before the referendum, they gave him nothing. That was the cue for me and many others to tick the box to Leave. We could see the EU wasn't going to change back then, so it's nothing new.

And we could go on all day about reforming from the inside by being a member, but that doesn't work either. The EU will never listen and the way the EU treats one of it's biggest contributors is an absolute disgrace.

I'm sure at the end some deal will be done, but it won't really be what I voted for. I could moan about this for years, but there is absolutely no point.
What's important to me is we get some Unity back in this country again so everyone is happy, agreed.

The country won’t be united again for years.

The whole things a mess.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Which one haven't you seen, the liar or the f***wit and I'll try and find it for you :thumbsup:

Ah of course, your spurious claim that near the end of his tenure Wilkins had been absent from the training ground for three or more consecutive weeks, the insinuation was that it was more than just 'man flu', he had just gone AWOL and the players hadn't seen nor heard from him throughout that period.

Frankly I was surprised then less so now that you were unable to decipher how I might know that he had a viral infection and was only away from team affairs intermittedly throughout a period of illness, why would I care other than knowing that what was being said was untrue.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Fantastic fake news on the BBC at the moment about immigration.

All these people who run business and haulage lying to all of us about all the foreigners going home had the haulage bloke saying they have 50k short of drivers..and weatherspoons not having enough staff to fill the vacancies....nad now a farmer/ factories with chickens who can't get Labour. Showing people now going to Germany and back home ....

Fantastic, we have our country back.....Rees mogg...saying there is 2 million people sat on their arses and we should train them to pour coffee and pick fruit....woooohooo!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Fantastic fake news on the BBC at the moment about immigration.

All these people who run business and haulage lying to all of us about all the foreigners going home had the haulage bloke saying they have 50k short of drivers..and weatherspoons not having enough staff to fill the vacancies....nad now a farmer/ factories with chickens who can't get Labour. Showing people now going to Germany and back home ....

Fantastic, we have our country back.....Rees mogg...saying there is 2 million people sat on their arses and we should train them to pour coffee and pick fruit....woooohooo!

Maybe they will start paying decent wages now then to recruit

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here