Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Hope you are listening to JLR again Theresa, the Discovery has already discovered a new factory. 250,000 jobs at risk across the Brexit heartland...

Solihull.
Castle Bromwich
Gaydon, Coventry
Halewood, Liverpool
Whitley, Coventry
Wolverhampton

The Brexit loons may cheer an extreme Brexit, but you get it wrong and its the end of your party.

Time for choices soft Brexit or off the cliff

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Do you think Brits in the EU should have had a say though, even if they have not taken part in General Elections for more than 15 years? Even 97 year old ones who will probably be dead by the time Brexit happens?

It's not as if the referendum was sprung on them with no notice.Anybody who failed to realise it was happening must have been living on Mars,or judging by the s**t some of them come out with,Uranus.If they were that bothered they had plenty of time to set up an accommodation address,so they have as much excuse as the 'couldn't be arsed to get up' students,sod all.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Hope you are listening to JLR again Theresa, the Discovery has already discovered a new factory. 250,000 jobs at risk across the Brexit heartland...

Solihull.
Castle Bromwich
Gaydon, Coventry
Halewood, Liverpool
Whitley, Coventry
Wolverhampton

The Brexit loons may cheer an extreme Brexit, but you get it wrong and its the end of your party.

Time for choices soft Brexit or off the cliff

Epic fail.Even that loon who wants to build houses on flood plains will know where Gaydon is.A little clue,it's not in the eurozone :lolol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
half or fully baked, what gives anyone the right to say 17million of the population are thickies on the ground they have a different view? its this sort of attitude that remain lost in the first place.

I didn't call 17million people thickies, (it was a tongue in cheek comment in any case), the subject was, "the thickies around here". I know this thread has a lot of posts, but I think it is more like 17 than 17 million posting.
For what it is worth, I think you are quite reasonable most of the time, and you and I seem to hold similar opinion as to how this will turn out.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Not a great deal to do with Brexit,although I bet I know how she voted,if at all.

twat.png

A perfect example of the sort of person who floods twatter with their inane comments.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I hope we will see more flags out now, hopefully some damage can be repaired carried out by your lot to the English identity

Deciphering that mangled reply can I at least assume that you still have contempt for democracy, and people that hold a different view for entirely legitimate reasons, still are a spokesman for Goldman Sachs and have no faith that a major leading democratic western power can prosper unless it's permanently tied to a mainly political project that steadfastly tries to avoid any direct democratiic mandate or legitimacy?

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It is merely a straw, I'd agree. But it is a real straw, not an imaginary one.

The rule breaking cannot void the acts of parliament, but it could offer a government with cold feet, a politically acceptable, face-saving reason, to deviate from a course they currently feel compelled to follow.

No it's entirely imaginary and wishful thinking. Which is why the only parties who have any realistic chance to govern feel duty bound to respect the democratic voice of the UK electorate (rightly so). The only parties that suggest otherwise are manoeuvring for marginal political gain and failing miserably see Lib Dems.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So the Brexiters don't like the new plan because it restricts ability to make a trade deal wuth the US, which is something that business don't want because they won't be able to compete.
That's good then.

[tweet]1014889606280605699[/tweet]

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
So the Brexiters don't like the new plan because it restricts ability to make a trade deal wuth the US, which is something that business don't want because they won't be able to compete.
That's good then.

'Business' doesn't want a mutually beneficial trade with the largest economy in the world?! :dunce::lolol::facepalm:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Deciphering that mangled reply can I at least assume that you still have contempt for democracy, and people that hold a different view for entirely legitimate reasons, still are a spokesman for Goldman Sachs and have no faith that a major leading democratic western power can prosper unless it's permanently tied to a mainly political project that steadfastly tries to avoid any direct democratiic mandate or legitimacy?

You really have gone off at a tangent. Just stick to waving your flag...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
That's good then.

Its the worse ever time to be walking away from the world's biggest trading block to trade with an increasingly protectionist wider world. The Brexdremists are still living in fantasy land...

D

Deleted member 22389

I saw a picture of the Tory front bench wearing NHS 70 badges, the caption said it was to remind them of the 70th anniversary of when the Tories voted against it.

I blame Labour for losing control of our borders. Our services would be in a much better state.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No it's entirely imaginary and wishful thinking. Which is why the only parties who have any realistic chance to govern feel duty bound to respect the democratic voice of the UK electorate (rightly so). The only parties that suggest otherwise are manoeuvring for marginal political gain and failing miserably see Lib Dems.

I noticed you are not using the phrase "respect the result of free and fair elections" lately, is that because you now recognise that with one side having channeled funds through the DUP and other smaller campaigners, and breaking the rules on spending, that the word fair is a little difficult to stick with?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here