Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I can't understand her strategy, it appears to be bonkers. But then Corbyn also won't negotiate due to his red lines, so he's no better.

Take a bonkers referendum, give a bonkers answer, and you're surprised that we ended up in bonkersville?

Really?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't understand her strategy, it appears to be bonkers. But then Corbyn also won't negotiate due to his red lines, so he's no better.

Corbyn called it spot on. Why waste everyone’s time?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Corbyn called it spot on. Why waste everyone’s time?
It's wasting time for him not to even go and talk. The only two die hard labour supporters I've spoken to about it think he got it wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's hardly surprising that some people are taking the piss after the insults they've received throughout this thread.

Mmmmm....my impression was that the small minority really do think everything is lovely. Perhaps this is why people insult them. But that is nothing to do with my comment. I was asking whether anyone could (feel free to read what I asked, I'm not going to repeat myself) :shrug:

Presumably, if you are a Brexitter (didn't think you were, but whatever) you don't count yourself among the as yet unidentified group who (feel free to read what I said previously).

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

The Labour Party have said, consistently since the general election last year, and per their most recent party conference, they want to leave the EU with a customs union and access to the single market. They've not said this is sacrosanct with imaginary red lines, they have said this is the Brexit they would like to see. How is that no better?

And judging by May's statements today, in which we haven't seen a single item of concession on her Plan A, there have been absolutely no negotiations with anyone, and the whole exercise is about turning around her own mps and the dup. Corbyn called it spot on and was right not to give her a bit of PR that she is somehow flexible and listening to opinion.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Imagine what we could do as a net contributor to the EU if we were able to choose how to spend all our money.

Having said that, if we do leave, I am under no allusion that we would manage things better, but the potential would be there.

Vote leave had a long list of things you could imagine spending the imaginary dividend on, I do this sometimes when I buy a lottery ticket, dream about hitting the jackpot, which actually has slightly better odds of coming in than a cake and eat it Brexit deal ever did.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I'm a remainer but above all I'm just sick of it all now. I just want it done so that we can get on with the campaign of getting us back in, or at least a campaign to regain access to the single market.

But this glib "happy days" is beyond the pale - it's just bone-headed. There is nothing "happy" about that particular day if it happens because it may mean disaster to many people - that is according to the overwhelming majority of people in the country, never mind the commons.

If we must leave, it should involve extending the period beyond March, handing over the reins to Brexiteers, and asking them to negotiate properly. I would say that "No deal" should not be off the table while negotiations are ongoing, but if that's the best that even Brexiteers can do, then we'd need a referendum to ratify it. I hate referendums, I really do, but that is such a potentially fundamental shift from the status quo, and we can be so sure that the majority of the electorate were unaware it might ever come to no-deal, that the population ought to be able to ratify it.

Can’t take no deal off the table, it is the table lofty..

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
No deal it is then,happy days.

On our way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The UK will not leave without a deal- and anyone sensible, leave or remain, would want it that way.

Parliament will not allow that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's wasting time for him not to even go and talk. The only two die hard labour supporters I've spoken to about it think he got it wrong.

It turns out he has got it spot on (because there is nothing to discuss) but this wasn't why he refused to talk so you are right. He should have shown a bit of willing and not behaved like a tit. The discussions (which will never happen) would never have happened anyway, and if they had (which they wouldn't) they would have fallen apart owing to their abject futility. And instead of this bringing the futility of attempts to get a Brexit into sharp relief all it does is make Corbyn look like an idiot. So, no change there.

The only thing that stops me ranting about the absurdity of Corbyn is my optimism that Brexit won't happen (because it can't). I'll stick with this mantra for the time being, since it is keeping my will to live well-fed.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Mmmmm....my impression was that the small minority really do think everything is lovely. Perhaps this is why people insult them. But that is nothing to do with my comment. I was asking whether anyone could (feel free to read what I asked, I'm not going to repeat myself) :shrug:
I know what the question was, but I don't feel optimistic about the Brexit arrangements. I don't see how anyone can, given how poorly it's being managed.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only thing that stops me ranting about the absurdity of Corbyn is my optimism that Brexit won't happen (because it can't). I'll stick with this mantra for the time being, since it is keeping my will to live well-fed.
I've been thinking for some months that it won't, but the odds have always suggested it will, so I have assumed that I missed something. I imagine the main option for it not to go ahead is to have another referendum, but perhaps the government would rather leave but stay in the customs union (ie, leave not leave) with all that entails, than have another referendum. Perhaps they will just use May's crap plan A plan B to placate the Leavers by saying we tried to do it your way.

So presumably we will leave softly softly at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here