Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
They aren't on the pitch, though.

You forget that the deal we have was agreed between May and the EU - it is parliament that has gone and rejected it, and parliament that is now faffing about. :shrug:

I haven't forgotten anything. No matter what parliament comes up with, the EU have to agree with it. If they don't then parliament will continue to faff in an ever increasing panic.

I suspect that when the 29th March looms nearer, the EU will suddenly appear back on the pitch. Assuming of course that the faffers have not tied the UK's bootlaces together.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
We will leave.

And IMHO, if there is a second referendum, the % of people voting to leave will be a fair bit higher than 2016.

I am certain that the 'leave' contingent like me, will be joined by shedloads of previously uninformed 'on the fence' people who on the day, voted remain as they had no idea and opted for the status quo, and now the rose coloured specs have undoubtedly fallen off about the damage that overly powerful bureaucracy does.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I haven't forgotten anything. No matter what parliament comes up with, the EU have to agree with it. If they don't then parliament will continue to faff in an ever increasing panic.

I suspect that when the 29th March looms nearer, the EU will suddenly appear back on the pitch. Assuming of course that the faffers have not tied the UK's bootlaces together.

Well quite. Apologies, it read like you were blaming the EU.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
My example was as truthful as yours.

Forecasts were for the immediate impact of a vote to leave ... :dunce:

No, your example wasn’t as true as mine , because, my example actually happened, my wife’s simple brother, and his simpler mate. I tried to explain that Greece, Cyprus and the UK would not vote Turkey in, due to Northern Cyprus, and historical antagonism, but, they preferred to believe Leaves Project Fear, you know, the one the right wing have been pushing in this country for 40 years.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Whilst I don’t want it, a No-deal Brexit will be utterly hilarious to watch from a safe distance.

Safe distance? ... not sure watching from a country teetering on the brink of recession, lame-duck leader, AfD on the rise could be considered all that safe. :p

Btw I would take no pleasure if Germany goes into recession or the Eurozone collapses despite both being entirely possible.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know 2 people who voted leave because Turkey was going to join the EU in 2017.

Have they joined yet.?

No but another Turkish kebab shop opened in Hove the other day. Oh they’re coming for us don’t you worry.

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Not sure I agree that is what would happen with all of that, but my real worry with it would be, would you trust either this Tory Government or a JC led Labour Govt to deliver any of the above properly? We have had decades of incompetent UK Governments and now we are hoping the next one will suddenly be wise enough to spend and take advantage of the opportunities if they actually exist?

Incompetent politicians is a downside. It is no reason to accept the EU. We need to think carefully at the next general election. My MP for the most part, is excellent. Conservative who would do well to elect Dominic Raab as his new leader given the chance...

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
That is amazing. A load of optimistic conjecture (maybe we can call it "Project Happy") and stuff we can and already do. It's a great game to play. Just ask someone who voted leave to name ONE benefit that we'll get if/when we leave the EU that we don't get now. I played it over Christmas (the time flies in my household). My elderly neighbour: We'll get our freedom of speech back so he'll be able to call Irish people Paddy again. My elderly mum: Butter will be cheap again, like it was before we joined. She doesn't even eat butter (presumably because it's too expensive).

I think you are right optimist leaver verses negative remainer's....

It is optimism that makes people and nations great not negativity!

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
What EU law is it that you really disagree with? Please don't laugh this off. Name one that is really affecting you and making your life hell.

I personally can only think of a few and they all protect my human rights... which i quite like. Dam that EU for protecting the rights of the smaller person. Avoiding them being taken advantage of by large corporations.

Seriously, all of them.

We can do better!

Forget cheap butter, I haven't had a bent cucumber in years. :lolol:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why are people conflating the current status of this poll, with the referendum result, to suggest that 'opinions are entrenched / unchanged'??

They ask entirely different questions. I'm massively strongly in favour of Remain, and voted 'We will leave' on this poll - which has nothing whatsoever to do with what people WANT to happen.

:shrug:
It's a bit annoying. It seems some people can't read.....

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
Just ask someone who voted leave to name ONE benefit that we'll get if/when we leave the EU that we don't get now.

We won't be strangled by a fat cat 'United States of Europe' bureaucracy which uses us like a pawn.

We will be able to make our own decisions and agreements regarding Trading with other countries.

We will be able to pick and choose which EU laws we want to keep (adapt in our own way) and which ones we do not.

Jesus, if as a Country we can't extract ourselves from the EU now, when the Country voted for it, that means we will never extract ourselves and will as a result, become so much weaker in every way. We are being held hostage, and this is why people like me voted to leave.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Safe distance? ... not sure watching from a country teetering on the brink of recession, lame-duck leader, AfD on the rise could be considered all that safe. :p

Btw I would take no pleasure if Germany goes into recession or the Eurozone collapses despite both being entirely possible.

:lolol: I’m sorry but someone from the U.K. is the very last person I’ll listen to when it comes to the state-of-a-nation.

Lame-duck leader. Ffs. Listen to yourself.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here