Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
So that proves that Leavers didn't know what they were voting for. People like Farage were advocating the Norway option, and it was also said that the Europeans already here would not be affected in any way.
This is why the Remainers say you didn't know what you were voting for because the goal posts have been moved.
'Don't know what you are voting for'

Such a ridiculous statement. Why can you not see that you and remainers also do not know what you were voting for.

Please don't use the excuse of 'status quo'. There is no such thing. All political movements develop and the Common Market oops, the European Economic Community oops, the European Union, is no exception.

Personally, I believe that a terrible precedent would be set if the democratic wishes of the British people were ignored as it would greatly undermine the acceptance of any government which once elected, but which now seems unpalatable to a section of the public.

I wonder if remainers would be so gleeful at the prospect of a referendum that had been won to stay in the EU, but the possibility that MP's would decide to overrun the result and take the UK out of the EU on the basis that the voters 'did not know what they were voting for'?

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
That's why there has been continuous negotiations and use of the power of veto. Proof that Brussels don't tell us what to do, but agreements and treaties are negotiated.

There have been treaties, that’s true, but these have always been franked by our politicians (of all flavours) who have told us continuously that there was no federal Europe on the way, no 2 speed Europe on the way and broadly speaking that that Brussels had little affect on the UK.

All of those narratives have been broken down by events, the introduction of the euro, the collapse of the euro and the implications of freedom of movement for EU citizens, to name just 3.

I think your point about Brussels not telling us what to do is fair to a point, because our own politicians have handed over so much of our independence. Generations of U.K. politicians have responsibility for poisoning the well of trust with the U.K. on the EU, it’s too late to say Brussels don’t tell us what to do, we can see quite plainly from the negotiations quite how deep we are already entwined with the EU.

That don’t make it right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
'Don't know what you are voting for'

Such a ridiculous statement. Why can you not see that you and remainers also do not know what you were voting for.

I agree. The Good Friday Agreement details surprised me as much as anyone and I had no idea that Brexit would affect it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Farridge just said on TV the Brexit vote decreed that we either negociate a deal or just leave. I seem to recall he and his people promised the earth if we Brexitted, stuff that would be given to us by the Europeans. But we can't make them just give us things (as the 'remoaners' made clear) so how could we have voted to order for them to do so by voting leave? Sounds to me like voting for flight and expecting to be given wings. I don't remember Farridge and that cu'nt Boris campaigning on 'let's hard Brexit with no deal'. So his comments sounds like lying bollocks to me. Is he right, or just a lying conniving weasel?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“Prime Minister Theresa May's Brexit deal has been rejected by 230 votes - the largest defeat for a sitting government in history.”

Over two years, billions and billions of pounds wasted. Every single Tory voter and supporter should hang their head in utter shame. You are an embarrassment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This Brexit government are stuffed, their best exit deal in tatters. Parliament will not allow a hard Brexit. Looks like we are staying :thumbsup:

For months I have giving up hoping so as it became obvious it would be the only outcome. I have been relaxed for months.

I am now looking forward to a referendum on the existence of god, and if the athiests lose, as we will, I will be demanding His appearance immediately thereafter. Come on down and rule us. Show us that godzit means godzit. Hard godzit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here