Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
David Davis worked for Tate and Lyle for 17 years before entering politics. It's not made a lot of difference.

I beg to differ - just look at his "Sweet surrender" at the Brexit table.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
United States of Europe you say? If only we had an opt out of such things so that we could get all the benefits but keep identity. That really would be having our cake and eating it. What? We decided that wasn't enough? Oops.
Can you not read? Schulz's proposal was for a United States of Europe, with any EU members who wanted to opt out being ejected from the EU. We rightly decided an opt out (in reality temporary until the EU decided differently) was not enough. Under the german's proposals it would not be an option anyway. Tough luck!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bollox. The speech was about creating a United States of Europe, and kicking out any EU members who didn't want to go along with it. As that would pretty much slam the door on any future UK membership of the EU, I guess some people will feel compelled to lash out with silly ripostes about bombing chip shops.

Surely you should then welcome this speech at a party conference then ? Surely you'd like to be permenantly excluded from any sort of European politics ? Sorry if you feel I " Lashed Out " at you....ROTFL !

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Surely you should then welcome this speech at a party conference then ? Surely you'd like to be permenantly excluded from any sort of European politics ? Sorry if you feel I " Lashed Out " at you....ROTFL !

You get even stupider by the day.How many European countries would be in the fourth Reich?Germany,France,maybe half of Belgium.None of the Med countries,or Eastern bloc.I would imagine even the Austrians wouldn't fancy Anschluss again,having tried it under the Nazis,so there would be plenty of European political activity.

Jan 30, 2008
You get even stupider by the day.How many European countries would be in the fourth Reich?Germany,France,maybe half of Belgium.None of the Med countries,or Eastern bloc.I would imagine even the Austrians wouldn't fancy Anschluss again,having tried it under the Nazis,so there would be plenty of European political activity.
:lolol::lolol::lolol:
regards
DR

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Any takers yet? Surely they will be lining up to take your money?

I always feel if you are going to have a wager then the bet should hurt if it loses but give you great joy if it wins so how about you have the wager and if you're wrong as per Westdene Seagull then you no longer can post on NSC in any form and if you're right I'll pay twenty quid to the REMF.

Hope you won't chicken out as you seem so sure ???

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Can you not read? Schulz's proposal was for a United States of Europe, with any EU members who wanted to opt out being ejected from the EU. We rightly decided an opt out (in reality temporary until the EU decided differently) was not enough. Under the german's proposals it would not be an option anyway. Tough luck!

If we were still a member we would not have been kicked out. I thought we were all powerful UK and they needed us more than we needed them. To think that us and France would have allowed such a thing is daft. Goodness me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If we were still a member we would not have been kicked out. I thought we were all powerful UK and they needed us more than we needed them. To think that us and France would have allowed such a thing is daft. Goodness me.

They need us more than we need them :lolol: To think people actually believed this. Here’s to the empire!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I always feel if you are going to have a wager then the bet should hurt if it loses but give you great joy if it wins so how about you have the wager and if you're wrong as per Westdene Seagull then you no longer can post on NSC in any form and if you're right I'll pay twenty quid to the REMF.

Hope you won't chicken out as you seem so sure ???

Westdene's offer was at 'evens'. Perhaps you would like to offer similar?

#thishasescalatedquickly

Last edited:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Give me strength. You have been posting hundreds of posts in favour of Brexit over the last 2 years - because of foie gras? Your credibility on this thread has been hung out to dry.....

View attachment 91764

Potentially banning or restricting the import of Foi gras would only be the icing on the Red white and blue, take back control independence cake :)sick:) HWt.

zwangsernaehrung.jpg

I note some on here raise the spectre of importing chlorinated chicken in post Brexit trade deals (despite minister saying categorically it won't happen) yet a disturbing silence on this EU sanctioned cruelty. :nono:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Potentially banning or restricting the import of Foi gras would only be the icing on the Red white and blue, take back control independence cake :)sick:) HWt.

View attachment 91776

I note some on here raise the spectre of importing chlorinated chicken in post Brexit trade deals (despite minister saying categorically it won't happen) yet a disturbing silence on this EU sanctioned cruelty. :nono:

A Minister said something 'categorically' about impact reports, didnt he?. The American secretary of trade said that for any future trade deal with the UK, we would have have to lose some of our 'standards'.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...k-us-trade-deal-eu-brexit-chlorinated-chicken

For the record, I find the Foi Gras thing repellent also.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Martin Schulz has told the SDP party conference today that a new treaty should be presented to member states creating a United States of Europe and countries who oppose it must leave the EU.

He demanded “there to be a constitutional treaty to create a federal Europe… the treaty will be presented to the member states and those who are against should just leave the European Union… We want the United States of Europe”.

His plan is for this to come into existence by 2025.

And some Remainers think they have a hope of changing the public’s mind about Brexit :laugh:

So that's only the President of the EU and the lynch pin for forming a German government that have clearly laid out what most of us already knew. 17. 4 million visionary patriots save the day. :salute:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
West Denes bet was £20 a side which is a total waste for me, if you're so sure of yourself you have a no risk £20 to the REMF and I have a bit of fun for my wager, if you don't want to have the bet it's no problem

Where's the fun in that for me? (or the rest of NSC for that matter!)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here